Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sponsor @Tracey & co - they walked over the O2 for PCA testing - now with added video (p2)

edited February 2022 in General Charlton
Those of you who aren't following the PSA Testing thread may have missed the fact that @Tracey Leaburn is going to do a sponsored walk over the roof of the O2 to raise funds to cover the additional costs of the PSA testing at the Valley on 19th February. In her own words:
Tracey said:
Hi All,
To raise funds for the Prostate Cancer testing day on the 19th Feb I am going to walk over the O2 with some of the 1st Team players and staff. With a serious fear of heights this will be a real challenge for myself. It will be filmed and when you see who else has a fear of heights I think every pound you have sponsored will be well worth the entertainment of watching us!
please see the link below if you are able to donate. 
https://app.investmycommunity.com/campaign-page/walk-over-the-o2
She's going to be joined on the walk by Jonathan Leko, who is also apparently scared of heights, and Sean Clare for moral support:
Given all that Tracey does to support the team and our links to them, it would be nice if we could return the favour here. A £15 donation would cover the difference between the £10 a supporter will pay for a test on the day, and the actual cost of administering it, but as she says, any amount you can give is welcome.

ETA She's also going to be joined by Corey Blackett-Taylor, Jason Pearce and some 1st Team staff.

Comments

• Options
    donated
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    To make things a bit more interesting, I'm in for £1 for:
    • every point the 1st team get
    • every goal they score (excluding penalty shoot-outs)
    • plus an extra £1 if Leko or Clare scores
    • every clean sheet we keep while Sean Clare is in the back three
    between the day the fundraiser was launched and the end of the Oxford game on the 19th of February. If I've got my sums right, it looks like Saturday cost me six quid. :)
    That's just paying for enjoying yourself.  Where're the donations for every goal we conceded, every point we drop?
  • Options
    That's the point of sponsoring people - encouraging behaviour we want to see by offering to stump up money for a cause dear to their heart. Can you imagine if I followed your suggestions and then Sean Clare scored a screamer of an own goal on Monday night? I'd never hear the end of it.
  • Options
    Probably a rhetorical question, but is @Tracey one of the best things about the non-playing side of Charlton?  Not meaning to say she's a 'thing', of course.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    donated
    Me too; Tracey is one of my 2 favourite Charlton people 😀
  • Options
    Probably a rhetorical question, but is @Tracey one of the best things about the non-playing side of Charlton?  Not meaning to say she's a 'thing', of course.
    A simple answer is NO.

She's THE best "thing" about the non playing side of Charlton.
    I’ll second that!
  • Options
    Donated.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Done. My dad was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer last month. Fortunately, the prognosis is really good, he has treatment options, and he has excellent insurance which means he has access to excellent care.

If you have a prostate, please, please start getting exams around the age of 45.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Before my dad succumbed to prostate cancer many years ago, I attempted to raise money for the prostate cancer charity. So I wrote to many football clubs - thinking that as it was a disease which only affected men, they would be interested in donating a prize to be raffled.

I was shocked at the attitude of most of the clubs who bothered to reply - most of them were not interested. The only clubs who donated something were Fulham, Plymouth, Liverpool &, rather surprisingly, the Premier League who sent a cheque for £100.

Nowadays it seems that football & other sporting clubs can’t do enough to support the charity! Sadly it’s come about much too late to help my dad, but I’ll never forgive or forget the meanness of those very wealthy clubs 😡
  • Options
    Have donated,I have an email in my junk email from invest in my community, acknowledging the donation ,looks a bit dodgy as they have my address wrong.Have any of you guys had the same.
  • Options
    I have, but the address on mine was right. Is it just slightly wrong (ie typo or mis-selection from a dropdown box) or horribly wrong? The former's most likely user error, the latter may be a technical glitch on the site. If you'd set up an account on the site, you can log back in to check your details.
  • Options
    Details on my email confirmation are ok. 
  • Options
    PLEASE spread the word , guys and gals & urge others to donate ASAP.

Tracey & the lads need your support ...and it won't be long now until they gird those loins & make their way onwards & upwards! 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    aliwibble said:
    I have, but the address on mine was right. Is it just slightly wrong (ie typo or mis-selection from a dropdown box) or horribly wrong? The former's most likely user error, the latter may be a technical glitch on the site. If you'd set up an account on the site, you can log back in to check your details.
    they have my house no wrong i live at 28 they say no.1,it is probably ok but these days who knows.
  • Options
    In that case you probably accidentally scrolled up in the address dropdown box while on the page. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    In that case you probably accidentally scrolled up in the address dropdown box while on the page. I wouldn't worry about it.
    quite likely,cheers
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Is Sponsor Tracey that Northern Irish actor in Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner?
  • Options
    Steadily getting there and at £1518.75 so far

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thank you so much to everyone who has donated so far. 
    The walk is imminent and joining me (with Leko and Sean) is also Jason Pearce and Corey Blackett-Taylor, alongside 1st Team staff. I am very lucky to have such great support for a very worthwhile cause. 
    We still need to raise just under £4,500 for our testing day, so please share the link with anyone you know. 

• Options
    Donated. Great work Tracey and the lads. 

Just got an all clear from an MRI scan last week after a concerning few months. Still got a high PSA reading due to the Prostate being enlarged which they are considering treating with surgery or continue with meds.

Best advice I can give is for anyone within the age range is don't think twice about getting tested. 

Complete bolt from the blue where I was concerned and caught me unawares. 
  • Options
    Well, there is a group up there now.

• Options
    Where's that picture taken from?
  • Options
    They made it! More from @Tracey later, but the pics below are nicked from Jason Pearce's twitter:

• Options
    Donated. I'm sure Jacko only did it to prove his legs haven't gone!
  • Options
    Donated well done all