Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Our current Loanees

Here's a question for you all, given the hype surrounding the signings of Famewo, Leko and Lee, and the fact that all 3 are almost certainly available to purchase, would you sign any of them permanently?

FWIW, I wouldn't. Lee is largely ineffective in games, and just reminds me of Williams from the past 2 seasons, a lot of hustle and bustle but very little end product. Leko is a bang average winger in this league, and not good enough as a right wing back or as a striker to warrant buying him and playing him in one of those positions. Famewo is probably the best of the 3, but he's far too hot and cold for me, and his inability to pick out a pass, but this insistence on continuing to try to, is very grating. He also has a big mistake or two in him every game (remember any other left footed centre backs we've had recently like that? Spain and Senegal spring to mind)

I haven't included Castillo in this list as a) he'd never sign here permanently, b) he'll be on wages too big to warrant giving a wing back in League 1 and c) he's been here all of about 15 minutes.

Would you keep any of them on?

Comments

• Options
    Famewo Yes
    Leko Maybe
    Lee Not on his current form
    Castillo - out of contract at end of season IIRC so maybe
    Same here 
  • Options
    Famewo - Yes. Plays well in a 4 man defence.
    Leko - not sure, he's still fast and tricky but hasn't developed at all since leaving us before. 
    Lee - if he can regain form until the end of the season
    Castillo - no idea
  • Options
    Famewo is more than good enough for this league. I'd take him definitely.
    Leko - No, not sure what his best position is and just seems ineffective wherever he is.
    Lee - Not sold on him to be honest. Think there's a player in there but he's just not pulling it off at the moment.
  • Options
    Famewo - Yes but needs to start developing his game now

Leko - Want it to be a yes but a no for now. He plays like somebody does on a playground that is faster than the others, then very surprised when tackled. Like it takes minutes of shock to overcome to regain focus.

Lee - Yes if he is happy to be a squad player as sadly, that's what he's shown himself to be on balance. No if wants to be a perm first team regular.

Castillo - He didn't fall over yesterday in 3 mins of action, so a Yes for now.
  • Options
    Famewo - Definitely hope we sign him.
    Leko - Nope. Not seen enough to warrant us signing him.
    Lee - Nope. Think there is better out there on lower wages at smaller clubs than ours.
  • Options
    Famewo - Yes. 
    Leko - No 
    Lee - No 
    Castillo - Lets see what he does.
  • Options
    Famewo yes
    leko Has been very disappointing, no
    lee not sure, needs to improve
    castillo on paper yes but let's see how he does
  • Options
    Famewo - Yes. Solid centre half and only going to get better. Still young.
    Leko - Yes. We’ve seen what he can do in the Championship when he plays in his correct position. If he’s not forced to play wingback he’ll be good in this division.
    Lee - No. Was good for a total of 3 games. Thinks he’s better than he is. Would only be happy to keep him if he’s a squad player / second choice. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Depends how much it'll cost to turn them into permanent deals.

If Famewo (Or any of them) cost us a decent amount, and we feel there is a better option out there (for cheaper or similar value) then I'd say no to all three. Otherwise with Akin, we might have a deal with Norwich where he could be a bargain, in which case I'd consider it.

Equally we need to think about the squad as a whole rather than just the starting eleven

Leko unfortunately I dont think would be reliable enough as a squad player to play the occasional cameo - Dont think he has enough confidence to sporadically come on and change a game.

As for Lee, as a bench player... Want to see him coming off the bench a bit more between now and the end of the season before I decide on that one. Want to see if he has the hunger to prove the Manager wrong for benching him, and then needs to have the performance to not just be a pointless sub.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Famewo - Yes. 
    Leko - No.
    Lee - Potentially worth signing as a backup, but 100% we need to sign a better attacking midfielder for next season.
  • Options
    Famewo I would, decent, still only 23, useful as left footed, and frankly we're not going to get better.

Lee, probably not, which is a shame as I really rated him about 2 months ago, but he's gone off the boil for too long - if that's what we can expect over a whole season, a few good games then a longer period of looking tired and poor, then nope.

Leko no, shame as I liked him first time around but he's not offering enough.

I'd rather we looked to sign players on the up too - a transfer fee and smaller wages may well be less than even a freebie and coming-down-from-The-Championship wages, and I'm not sure Lee or Leko would be let go for free anyway.
  • Options
    Famewo - Yes. 
    Leko - No 
    Lee - No 
    Castillo - Lets see what he does.
    This 
  • Options
    Yes
    Maybe
    No
    No idea. 
  • Options
    None of them.

Famewo - blows hot and cold. He isn’t the player we had on loan last season. His aimless balls down the line are really starting to get on my wick. He continues to do it, so I’m guessing he has been instructed to do so - I can’t understand why because 9 times out of 10 they either go to nobody or out of play. 

Lee - looked good when he signed but for the last 2 months (maybe more) he has been a passenger. Doesn’t score, and doesn’t influence the play. 

Leko - I was so pleased when we got him back, but he hasn’t offered a great deal. Looks disinterested and nobody, including himself knows what he is going to do when he has the ball at his feet. He looked good in the Championship but totally lost at the moment. 

• Options
    Famewo - No.
    Lee - No.
    Leko - No.
  • Options
    Only seen on TV but.

Famewo - would have been a definite in the summer but he has gone backwards. To many mistakes and too much digging out others from his own poor play. So a maybe.

Leko- no but would have done first time aroun

Lee - no, not enough goals scored or chances created. He was briefly on fire but now runs into blind alleys and takes too many touches.
  • Options
    Famewo - Maybe but he is grossly overrated by some

Leko - No

Lee - No 
  • Options
    Famewo Yes at the right price, but I do wonder if we are looking elsewhere. We have an option to buy, but I expect that to be a very low amount. He will be in his last year of contract and is not going to be wanted by a Championship team.
    Leko. No. Not a striker or a wing back. Not even a good winger. I would rather Chin as any back up.
    Lee. No. Not enough goals or assists.
    Castillo. I hope and pray that he is good. I may even start to believe that we are re-building sensible and positively.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Famewo Yes if free or very low cost as unconvinced but he is worthy of a spot in a L1 squad

Leko No.

Lee if free and cheap wages as I see him as a squad player/bench warmer but we need better to start.

Castillo who knows.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Famewo - Yes,if no one else is available,but really does need someone pushing him on or he becomes another cheap squad option.

Lee - No (Never did sing the White Pele & never will,White Pele my arse…)

Leko - No (Not the same Leko unfortunately since his injury,such a shame)
  • Options
    if I had to make the decision right now

Famewo Yes
    Leko No
    Lee No
    Castillo a completely blind Yes

• Options
    None of them.
  • Options
    Famewo - maybe (would be interesting to know the deal agreed with Norwich and what, if anything, triggers it)
    Lee - no thanks
    Leko - no thanks
  • Options
    Famewo - Yes. 
    Leko - No 
    Lee - No 
    Castillo - No idea yet 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Leko - Want it to be a yes but a no for now. He plays like somebody does on a playground that is faster than the others, then very surprised when tackled. Like it takes minutes of shock to overcome to regain focus.
    I think that's the most accurate description of Leko I've seen. With a better footballing brain he could be a solid player. Alas, I can't see that happening.
  • Options
    Famewo - No
    Leko - No
    Lee - Absolutely No
    Castillo - No idea
    But considering that some idiot gave lumbering Aneke a 3 and half year contract, we'll probably sign them all.
  • Options
    Last season (before his injury) Famewo looked far too good for L1. Indeed a few were worried Norwich would recall him and send him to a Championship side in January.

Then when we got him back again last summer, and it was revealed we had an option to buy, I assumed it would only be triggered if we went up, as he would expect to be in the Championship next season. We won't be promoted now, but then he's regressed and now looks like a bog standard L1 defender. I'm not bothered if we sign him or not.

Leko - no, as we already have DJ and CBT under contract for next season
    Lee - not bothered either way
  • Options
    Famewo - No. It's 2022. Your centre-backs have to be able to not surrender possession three-quarters of the time.

Leko - Not sure. He needs to be a striker and I'm not sure he's good enough at that. But he does have a certain danger about him. Maybe.

Lee - Yes. Keeping the faith here. He's got excellent ball control and looks to bring people into the game. Tries too much and has been off form, but a good squad option.
  • Options
    All of the first 3 have regressed rather than improved. Famewo blows mostly cold these days and Leko's injury means he isn't the same player. Lee has looked good in spells but he has been way off the pace for a while. As it stands I wouldn't sign any of them permanently.

Do we have better players of our own in the squad to challenge for their place? Sadly the answer there also seems to be no to any that are consistently good enough.