Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Barry Cryer RIP

2»

Comments

• Very sad news. RIP.
  • RIP Barry. Exceptional wit. Will be missed. 
  • Amazed at how many people he wrote gags for including Billy Connolly.
    A top comedy writer and performer who had a great career from the variety shows of the 50's to TV and loved to hear him on the radio over the last few decades.
    Respected by comedians young and old.

RIP Barry Cryer
  • A real comedy great; he has seen and done it all.

A huge influence on British comedy.

RIP.
  • edited January 2022
    Hamish and Dougal   :D
    RIP
  • He’s going to missed. RIP 
  • A genuine long lasting talent of screen, radio and gag writing...mostly associated with writing but held his own on a series called Jokers Wild with the likes of Les Dawson back in the day.

A very funny man RIP 
  • Sponsored links:

• He was one of a kind.
    His jokes just got funnier & moved with the times.
    Loved by all ages.

A very sad day.

Cheers Baz, gawd bless ya ♥️
  • A really funny and intelligent comic. Had the pleasure to have dinner with him about 20 years ago, even at the table he had us absolutely crying with laughter! A pleasure to meet and a genuinely nice guy....RIP Sir and thanks for the laughs!
  • A very funny man and so sharp.

RIP
  • Very sad. He was a genius. As mentioned before Hampshire and Dougal was wonderful whether the radio series or as part of ISIHAC. Fortunate to see him a few times.
    He will be greatly missed.
    RIP.
  • Genios is a word banded around very easily these days.
    Barry was a genius, one that is knited into the fabric of great British comedy, RIP Barry you will long be remembered.
  • What sad news. An incredible talent but maybe more important in that i've never heard anyone with a bad word to say about him.

RIP Barry. 
  • edited January 2022
    He was an after dinner speaker at a Burns night thing I went to about 15 years ago. Absolutely made the evening.

Lovely story from Charlie Connelly. Thanks for putting it up @Algarveaddick

He will be greatly missed
  • For the last few years, he has been the person commenting on other comedians deaths. So sad that it is now him.
  • Great story @Algarveaddick thanks 
  • Sponsored links:

• Never mainstream but always on our screens. That may sound an oxymoron but it's true. I just flicked through the TV channels and there was Barry Cryer, this time on a tribute to Joan Rivers.

Obviously a comedian's comedian, he'll be sadly missed.

RIP Barry
  • He made it look effortless and he spanned the ages, never went out of fashion, which is easy when you're that funny. I never heard him criticize or put down another comedian - that shows to me that he was at ease and not threatened by anyone else's talent.

Very sad day. RIP
  • I note the family mentioned that Barry told a joke about the Archbishop of Canterbury to a nurse just before he died - perhaps that wasn't the best timing - but I reckon St Peter will let him through anyway.