Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will we finish mid-table?

In the spirit of the other final finish related threads, I thought I would start one on the most dreaded of all, a mediocre boring mid-table finish.

Our worst finish since the prem years is 13th under Karl Robinson in 16/17, and we were flirting with the relegation zone for periods in that season too. A late surge lifted us to 13th in the end. I think we will end up around 12-13th this season.  

Comments

• Options
    We are within five points of 9th with a game in hand. Getting into the top 10 is the "easy" part.

If you want my realistic prediction for end of season final position, it would be somewhere 8th to 11th.
  • Options
    We've no idea where we'll finish, because it doesn't just depend on our results - but those of other teams too.

Blimey, I sound like Ronnie Moore.

• Options
    Yes
  • Options
    we are in mid table a t m .. and with any consistency, that is where we will stay
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Hopefully higher then 14th our worse finish ever, would hate JJ to take that record....take that back i see we had finished lower then that back in the old div 3 south.
  • Options
    We can win more than we lose over the rest of the season and finish 8th if the spine stays fit- Inniss, Dobson, Stockley, Aneke, and hopefully the new playmaker Fraser.

BUT As Stockley is unfit, Inniss will never stay fit, and Aneke gets as angry as Zaha, mid table is the best we can hope.
  • Options
    We could finish anywhere between 8th and 21st.

We seem to swing from the sublime to the ridiculous. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    We've no idea where we'll finish, because it doesn't just depend on our results - but those of other teams too.

Blimey, I sound like Ronnie Moore.

Very harsh on yourself there mate.
  • Options
    We can win more than we lose over the rest of the season and finish 8th if the spine stays fit- Inniss, Dobson, Stockley, Aneke, and hopefully the new playmaker Fraser.

BUT As Stockley is unfit, Inniss will never stay fit, and Aneke gets as angry as Zaha, mid table is the best we can hope.
    It's like the spine of our team has osteoporosis.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am going for 8th or 9th.
  • Options
    10th / 11th
  • Options
    Yes.  Most appropriate thread going in relation to our league finish
  • Options
    Top 6 keep winning.....I think we will be 8th -10th
  • Options
    Let's just stay up. Top 6 is far out of reach.
  • Options
    I'm dreaming of 6th place. COYR!
  • Options
    10th 
  • Options
    waiting for oohaah's percentages on this one...
  • Options
    I’m hoping for a strong end of season finish, so we can end up between 8th and 12th, need to keep winning!
  • Options
    Forgot to add, 18 games left, Jackos on 1.8 points per game.

Keep that up, and we’ll end up with 32 more points = 68 points.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2022
    To put it into perspective we missed out on the play offs last season on 72 points and to even match that again we need another 36 points from the final 18 matches to add the 36 we’ve managed so far from 28 matches so two points a game from now to the end of the season - Highly Unlikley
  • Options
    With a bit of luck.
  • Options
    Before yesterday the answer was probably.

After yesterday the answer is probably.
  • Options
    Win our next two and it may become possibly. 
  • Options
    It will be the Dalcon Shield for us again this year.
  • Options
    edited February 2022

I like your style.
    Enjoyable game with poor defences and some great movement and passes up front by both teams.

The good the bad and the Ugly, and that was just Ryan Inniss! To his face I would say he had a blinder ! So important to winning headers up front from set pieces and heading balls away. 

The rock/Doorman is so important to Cafc.
    I just can't ever see him playing many games without a twinge.

To be in 22nd place and now 11th is s testimonial to the Cafc legend that is Johnnie Jackson. I was 100% certain we would win twice as many that we would lose under JJ as long as the spine didn't disappear from this team. 

9 wins, 4 losses and 4 draws and we are on target to finish 8 to 10th if we can stop losing away.

We can't play at Pompey every week.
  • Options

I like your style and I made my prediction that Cafc would finish 8 to 10th when JJ took over. If we play like that against Karl Robinson's Oxford we definitely don't win and probably lose. We don't know yet if Fraser will be the X factor central midfielder as he can't be match fit at the moment. If JJ didn't get the gig I was out of here as I knew he would be successful. Nigel Adkins is a good guy and next time I'm in Hants I will sign up for one of his walking tours and mindfulness. Winning is the best thing and makes the sun shine through on the darkest days.

Anyone at the game can see we create more since JJ took over but we still have dodgy defending days. 0-0 at the valley with no chances created in League 1 must be put in room 101.