Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: Portsmouth 1-2 Charlton

many thanks to the 107 Lifers who gave marks
I do not know if FA Cup yellows count toiwards a League suspension so I have removed them, if I'm wrong please let me know, also Tuesday's night results are taken into account

Comments

• Options
    Cheers

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/player-essentials

Accumulating five, ten, fifteen or twenty Yellow Cards in league matches can result in an automatic ban in your relevant league. Accumulated Yellow Cards in cup competitions are treated separately and can result in an automatic ban from the cup competition in which the Yellow Cards were received.

Chuks incidentally had just the one yellow at Brum to add on
  • Options
    Deserved MOTM for Clare. A generous mark for Gilbey, to be just a fraction behind Matthews
  • Options
    4 tricky games after the Wombles this Saturday.
  • Options
    Four? Wednesday away and Sunderland not tricky enough for you? We'll have a better sense of how good we really are after the next seven games
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Four? Wednesday away and Sunderland not tricky enough for you? We'll have a better sense of how good we really are after the next seven games
    Was only looking at the next 5. But yes those 2 as well.
  • Options
    You have said five yellows LL but only list four, otherwise all very interesting
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    You have said five yellows LL but only list four, otherwise all very interesting
    yes because Leko's yellow was not for a direct foul. I assume it was for something that he said which is not a foul apparently - so just as interesting :)
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    yes because Leko's yellow was not for a direct foul. I assume it was for something that he said which is not a foul apparently - so just as interesting :)
    Was Aneke a foul or just because he would not hand over the ball to the ref?
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    ross1 said:
    Was Aneke a foul or just because he would not hand over the ball to the ref?
    on things like this it is down to individual interpretation, in this case by watching the match and by the Press Association "commentary" - the answer is I don't know but for the stats I have to make a decision and have done so
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Jackson was the 5th booking
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Jackson was the 5th booking
    yes of course, I was getting mixed up in that I did not put a foul against Leko for the yellow - it all gets vey complicated this stats stuff, especially for an old git like me
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Deserved MOTM for Clare. A generous mark for Gilbey, to be just a fraction behind Matthews

Agree, other than one really poor performance, Clare has been excellent and as long as he has the right studs on and doesn't fall over( home to Fleetwood !) is our most versatile player.

Dobson is our most consistent and despite Gilbey being the new marmite player, we win more games than we lose when Alex is doing his runs and if he scored more or didn't mess up the odd pass he would be in the Championship. ( And if my aunt had a pair of Bolloc.....)

I gave Gilbey 6.5, if he had converted that chance, 7.5 would have been his mark.
    Alex and Albie's work rate has made a big difference in the last two League games even if they both can be careless on the ball at times.( Alex cameo from bench against Fleetwood)

• Options
    Delighted for him. Well deserved. 
    The overall marks seem a very true reflection of the game I watched. 
  • Options

Agree, other than one really poor performance, Clare has been excellent and as long as he has the right studs on and doesn't fall over( home to Fleetwood !) is our most versatile player.

Dobson is our most consistent and despite Gilbey being the new marmite player, we win more games than we lose when Alex is doing his runs and if he scored more or didn't mess up the odd pass he would be in the Championship. ( And if my aunt had a pair of Bolloc.....)

I gave Gilbey 6.5, if he had converted that chance, 7.5 would have been his mark.
    Alex and Albie's work rate has made a big difference in the last two League games even if they both can be careless on the ball at times.( Alex cameo from bench against Fleetwood)

Isn’t he that French explorer?
  • Options
    edited February 2022

Isn’t he that French explorer?
    That’s Hilaireious. 
    (Bit of a sailor, but more writer/ historian than explorer).