Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Museums and Galleries

edited February 2022 in Rumours
Almost all of us live and/or work in and around the world's greatest city, full of some of the world's finest museums and galleries.  So it might be interesting to see what exhibitions Lifers have taken in recently and what events are worth looking forward to.  

What have you been to see?  Where are you going next? 

Comments

• Tate Britain's current exhibition of Hogarth in Europe is brilliant, but it closes next month.  Really worth spending a few hours there. 
  • edited February 2022
    I love The National Gallery at Trafalgar Square . There's nothing better than spending a few hours looking at these amazing paintings. 
  • The Banksy exhibition in Covent Garden is very good.
  • I try to avoid all museums.

When you get to my age, there's a real risk that they might keep you in.
  • I love The National Gallery at Trafalgar Square . There's nothing better than spending a few hours looking at these amazing painting. 

Likewise - and also such an iconic landmark in Trafalgar Square as well.

The Tate Modern is special too.
  • The best are in South Kensington, and by best I mean worldwide.

I'm visiting this place at the start of March.  :)
  • edited February 2022
    Museum of Brands in Ladbroke Grove is very good if you're in to design and popular culture.

Off to see the Eric Ravilous exhibition in Winchester soon.

Went to the Summer exhibition at the RA at the end of last year. As ever a mixed bag but worth the trip.

Need to get back to going to more exhibitions now things are getting back closer to normal.

There's a new museum of youth culture in Shaftesbury I want to go to.

Also a good museum in SE7.
  • I haven't been to Central London for a long while now. I used to travel a lot via Euston Station and would always go an hour early to take in the latest exhibition at the Wellcome Collection. Always worth a visit.
  • The best are in South Kensington, and by best I mean worldwide.

I'm visiting this place at the start of March.  :)

Thats the queue for the Science Museum today, as seen from my office on the third floor of the C&G Buidling at ICL.
  • The holocaust exhibit at the Imperial War Museum at Camberwell was very good.  Not sure if its still there but worth a look if it is.
  • Sponsored links:

• JohnBoyUK said:
    The holocaust exhibit at the Imperial War Museum at Camberwell was very good.  Not sure if its still there but worth a look if it is.
    I took my daughter there a couple of weeks ago and it's still on. Been there before but still a fantastic museum to visit.
  • I spent a lot of childhood in Hornimans Museum.
    Still very fond of the place.
  • seth plum said:
    I spent a lot of childhood in Hornimans Museum.
    Used to go there a lot but not been for years. Always enjoyed it there.
  • seth plum said:
    I spent a lot of childhood in Hornimans Museum.
    With the Charlton supporting walrus.