Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Well deserved. Loyal servant of the club and a nice bloke too!
  • Options
    Very well deserved. Done a lot of entertaining in the hospitality at The Valley and Bob has always looked after us, making my guests feel very much at home. You get a tour of The Valley when you sponsor a game and when I have done this Bob has always been the guide, very funny guy.

And of course not forgetting his playing days, great keeper.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    The second (and, I think, one of only three) Charlton players to have a European Cup/Champions League Finalists' medal.  (Unless anyone knows better). 
  • Options
    Top bloke.
  • Options
    who could forget his performance at Old Trafford when we drew 0 0
    Best display I have ever seen by a Charlton goalie. Unbeatable that day!!
  • Options
    Fine gentleman, great goalkeeper and an exceptional servant for this great club. Congrats Bob  
  • Options
    You couldn't wish to meet a nicer fella , sponsored a few games and he's a diamond always positive and with a smile on his face even when I'm saying we're shit and going down ... top top man
    They say don't meet your heroes , well bollox to that where this legend is concerned ...
    One of the St Andrews gods, when we somehow beat the leeds scum in extra time 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:
    The second (and, I think, one of only three) Charlton players to have a European Cup/Champions League Finalists' medal.  (Unless anyone knows better). 
    At least 2 since, Costa & Blomqvist
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Chizz said:
    Can also add Gomez, Traore and Carson to the list. 
  • Options
    Met Bob a few times - lovely bloke.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Probably the player I've seen play most for Charlton. Our "full time" Charlton careers overlap nicely. I started going home and away in 1986 and finished in 1993 when education took me away. I saw his debut at Maine Road (shocker) and his performance at Old Trafford (unbelievable).
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Can also add Gomez, Traore and Carson to the list. 
    Very good! 

The three I was thinking of were Simonsen, Bolder and Blomquist. Thank you for adding Traore and Carson to that list. 

I think Costa and Gomez are excluded because they only reached the Final after their Charlton careers. 

I think...