Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

American Song Contest (US Eurovision)

Snoop Dogg and Kelly Clarkson will host a competition following the Eurovision model. Fifty six competing states & territories. Being run as an eight-week TV programme with a grand final in May.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-60373161

Comments

• Options
    At least Eurovision only lasts one night.
  • Options
    But the excruciating pain goes on a hell of a lot longer! 😵‍💫
  • Options
    I wonder if Australia will apply for a place?  :|
  • Options
    I’d be surprised if it works over there.
    Much of Eurovision’s charm is how camp and silly it is. Americans will take it too seriously.
    It feels like another generic talent show type thing , I can't see the Americans taking to the sillier side of Eurovision
  • Options
    What places are taking part? I know they said it's the 50 states, Washington DC and some territories, I'm guessing the US Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, Puerto Rico? 

As others have said, they'll take it way too seriously and everyone taking part will have a sob story
  • Options
    UK has more chance of winning this than Eurovision! 
  • Options
    I bet it's a damn sight less painful that ITV's starstruck which debuted last weekend...
    On second thoughts...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2022
    That's what happens with automatic qualification for the big teams, you just don't notice those "beneath you", other than the national search for a song competitions, there are two semi-finals (where Irish songs have fallen foul of the audience vote a few times in recent years) in the week before the big night and, if I really wanted to scare you, I'd mention the youth version.

The UK gets to the final every time because of the amount it pays in to the European Broadcasting Union.
  • Options
    Are the states aware there has to be politicly motivated voting to make it authentic. 
  • Options
    Are the states aware there has to be politicly motivated voting to make it authentic. 
    Are the States aware it's bollocks?
  • Options
    Keep an eye on the two Carolinas, Dakotas and Virginias.
  • Options
    Let's make America grate again.
  • Options
    Well Ohio won’t be voting for California after last weekend.