Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton v Oxford (closes Sunday teatime)

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2022
    MacG: 5
    Clare:  5
    Inniss: 6
    Purrington: 4
    Dobson: 6
    Matthews: 4
    Gilbey: 4
    Morgan: 5
    DJ: 4
    Leko: 4
    Lee: 4
    Burstow: 7.5 inc 1 for effort. Saw real glimpses of why he's rated.
    Referee: 4 
    Opposition; 3 Charmless and cynical. Time wasting when three up and playing v. ten men is a terrible advertisement for football. 
  • Options

MacG:        5
    Clare:         4.5
    Inniss:         5.5
    Purrington:  5
    Dobson:        6
    Matthews:    5
    Gilbey:           5.5
    Morgan:        5.5
    DJ:                 5.5
    Leko:              5
    Lee:                5.5 
    Burstow:        6.5  plenty of energy & technique.
    Referee:   6
    Opposition;  7

Famewo: n/a
    Campbell: n/a youngster  did well on debut

• Options
    MacG: 6 - Dithered once or twice and maybe could have saved the second, but made two very good saves to save embarrassment at the end
    Clare: 4 - Struggled to get involved and then lost it finally to see red...silly boy!
    Inniss: 5 - Told the bench he was injured and done after 36 minutes, but limped through 90; go figure?
    Purrington: 4 - Poor game
    Dobson: 4.5 - Didn't seem bothered by what went passed him
    Matthews: 3.5 - Failed in every way, and couldn't even get booked!
    Gilbey: 4 - Out of position and looked jaded
    Morgan: 6.5 - Tried all match to make things happen, despite a good kicking from Brannigan, but so little support
    DJ:  5.5 - Tried and wasn't the worst performer during the first half
    Leko: 4.5 - Made runs that seldom got hit so stopped trying for the last hour
    Lee: 4 - A bright first ten but then disappeared completely
    Burstow: 6 - Youthful exuberance not enough in this game
    Referee: 3 - It wasn't a dirty game yet ten yellows and a red made him a busy man. Influenced pre-match by Gobbo's charm it appeared.
    Opposition; 2 - Tactically astute, but annoyingly frustrating team; if they wanted, they could have got double figures.
  • Options
    Macca: 5. As well as letting in the second Taylor goal was beaten from distance - twice.
    Purrington: 3. IMHO he's limited and lacks pace. Schooled 
    Clare: 2. Unfortunately  seems to have been found out the last few games. From where I was in the CEL I thought the card-happy ref was going to send him off for being the last man anyway. Petulance rewarded.🙄
    Inniss: 6. Cares. Really like big Ryan but a hard decision's coming in the summer I feel given those injuries. He always seems one twinge away from the abyss.
    Matthews: 3. Still OK going forward but he's a defender first and foremost. (Well, in theory!)
    Dobbo: 8. Possibly being over-generous here but the lad gives his all every game. At times yesterday it seemed to be him against the rest. Deserved better from most of the so-called supporting cast.
    Gilbey: 3. Not sure if his bout of the rona has left some longer term effects but he's not been at it recently.
    Morgan: 6. One of the very few to emerge with any credit. Showed ambition - and gives a sh*t. Unlike some.
    DJ: 5. Inconsistent. Plays the odd Hollywood pass interspersed with lots of checking back inside, slowing attacks down (I've nicknamed him the checkback king). Needs to drive forward more. And a lttle more consistency wouldn't go amiss.
    Leko: 3. Had a lot of love for Leko after his previous loan spell but he should be - at most - an impact player from the bench. Most of the time I'm not sure even he knows what he 's going to do. Sadly it'll be back to Blues in May I think.
    Lee: 3. Obviously so much to live up to. Sadly nowhere near as good as his dad. Seems to run up blind alleys much of the time. Like Conor gets brushed off the ball easily at times. Games often seem to pass him by. A shame.
    Burstow: 7. In contrast I thought Mason stood his ground well when he came on. Couldn't do much without support though. Again, one of the few that seemed to care.
    I left at the 82nd minute or thereabouts so didn't see Tyreece. Glad for him and his family but by rights he shouldn't have to be anywhere near the first team yet.
    Leaders needed all over the pitch like 2011/12 - urgently!
  • Options
    MacG: 4 some great saves but not convinced 
    Clare: 4 despite his red card some of his play was poor
    Inniss: 5 Concentrate on defending rather than trying to be a ball player
    Purrington: 4 Not one of his best lost Taylor but not a CB.
    Dobson: 5 A bit ineffective overall to his usual standards
    Matthews: 2 very poor in all departments. On more than 1 occasion in the first 15 mins had opportunity for a telling cross but fluffed poorly. His passing in general plus defending was abject.
    Gilbey: 2 Completely anonymous and the only impact on the game was he went missing.
    Morgan: 7 The only player who tried things and run even shutting down the opposition when 4 nil down to get a direct shot in. Good passing 
    DJ: 5 surprised he was taken off although played out of position.
    Leko: 4 Flatters to decieve
    Lee: 2 another who contributed next to nothing.
    Burstow: 6 Tried and showed much more passion effort and guile than manyy of the senior players
    Referee: 5 very picky 
    Opposition; 7 Better than us and especially defensively. They knew how to drift off our back 3 to find space plus balls over the top as we are slow to turn.

Famewo: n/a
    Campbell: n/a nice to see another given his debut
  • Options
    MacG: 4 beaten on his near post. If he can’t save shots, what’s the point.
    Clare: 2 stupid sending off. Pity as I wanted to see him play wing back.
    Inniss: 4 I don’t think he understands the role of centre of a three
    Purrington: 2 he is not a CH
    Matthews: 1 
    Gilbey: 3
    Morgan: 5.5
    DJ: 5.5 
    Leko: 4
    Lee: 5
    Burstow: 6 thought he did well. Pity he and Kanu did not start.
    Referee: 5 inconsistent with his cards. Ridiculous number of yellows in what was not a dirty game.
    Opposition; 8

• Options
    MacG: 5 He does not instill confidence. One of the worst keepers we have had for a long time. 
    Clare: 3 Not a good game and stupid sending off. I think the experiment of playing him at right centre back has now well and truly ended. He has been struggling in recent games and probably should have been replaced a few games ago.
    Inniss: 6 Showed effort throughout. It can't have been easy playing with the other two "centre backs"
    Purrington: 4 Played out of position so not entirely his fault, but not a good game by his standards. Should be played in proper position. 
    Dobson: 6 Never gave up, but not one of his better games. Didn't get much help from midfield colleagues apart from Morgan.
    Matthews: 3 What was he even doing starting? Added nothing positive at all. Very poor
    Gilbey: 4 Poor game. Almost invisible after first 20 minutes.
    Morgan: 6 Easily overpowered by Oxford midfielders, but worked hard, never hid and some good passes.
    DJ: 5 Always going to be tough with Purrington having an off day. Not great, but did okay before he was surprisingly subbed at half time.
    Leko: 3 Not a striker. Not sure what Jacko sees in him. Adds nothing to the team.
    Lee: 4 Good for first 20 minutes, then anonymous. Forgot he was even on the pitch second half.
    Burstow: 6 Should have started. Lots of effort, but little decent service
    Referee: 3 Rubbish. The number of cards he gave, you would have thought this was a bloodbath. The red card was correct though.
    Opposition; 6 Nowhere near being one of the best teams we have seen, but totally out-played a very poor Charlton team.

Jackson: 2 As soon as I saw that team, even with our striker problems, the writing was on the wall. That has got to have been one of our worst starting 11s.  Should have started with three genuine centre backs. Not sure what he was thinking playing Purrington out of position. Also, starting with Leko up front and Burstow on the bench? What the hell was Matthews doing starting at right wing-back (what the hell was he even doing being in the squad)? I think the balance in midfield would have been much better with DJ at right wing back and Purrington at left (he is NOT a centre back but). The problems with previous managers have all started by playing square pegs in round holes. Jackson is now doing the same. Play players in position! We do not have good enough players for them to adapt to other roles. I really want Jacko to do well, but not convinced. Needs a few more tactical ideas. Completely out-thought by Robinson says it all!
  • Options
    MacG: 5 - might have done better with the second goal, although it was well struck and quite a lot of goals go through goalie's legs. Poor distribution, although a couple of good saves near the end to keep the score down
    Clare: 4 - an idiotic sending off. He got involved in some unnecessary niggling early on, so not a complete surprise that he lost his rag
    Inniss: 6 - did ok, although he was fortunate not to be sent off when he pushed their guy to the ground. I really thought we were going to go down to nine men
    Purrington: 4 - caught out on a number of occasions (as he was at Wigan) but he is being played out of position and that is on Jacko, especially when there are other options. 
    Dobson: 6 - faded after a good start but did his best as Oxford passed around us
    Matthews: 4 - very poor
    Gilbey: 4 - miscontrolled a dangerous cross early on, in what was our only sniff  of a goal in the first half. He then promptly disappeared without trace 
    Morgan: 6 - worked hard throughout and, unlike many of his colleagues, looked like he cared
    DJ: 5.5 - a few good moments whilst he was on. Not sure why he was hooked when there other more obvious candidates
    Leko: 5 - a thankless task, especially as he's not a striker
    Lee: 4.5 - flatters to deceive and is too lightweight
    Burstow: MoTM - 7.5: his drive and work rate put most of his teammates to shame
    Referee: 5 - let Oxford away with some nasty challenges on Morgan, although they still managed 4 bookings to our 6
    Opposition: 8 - very impressive and clinical finishing in the last third
  • Options
    MacG: 4
    Clare: 2 (minus 1 for stupid sending off)
    Inniss: 5
    Purrington: 3
    Matthews: 2
    Gilbey: 3
    Morgan: 5
    DJ: 4
    Leko: 3
    Lee: 5
    Burstow: 7
    Referee: 6
    Opposition: 7

• Options
    will Mason be our lowest-ever MoM score?