Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Queen Has Covid

13»

Comments

• Chizz said:
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    If the Queen isn’t a political figure how come the Prime Minister has to report to her (almost) every week?
    The Queen is the ceremonial Head of State - tradition says 'her' Prime Minister reports to her, but as you know, Seth, she has no political power. That doesn't stop others from using her as a pawn of course.
    The Monarch has agency, though.  Constitutionally, she could sack the Prime Minister, or refuse to sanction an incoming PM.  
    The second she tried to do either, the constitution would be changed and her position scrapped. 
    Au contraire, it’s what she is constitutionally required to do - stop a dictator taking office is one of the very few powers she really has. If she doesn’t ask someone to form a Government, they can’t do anything about it short of taking up arms. 
    If a dictator got that close to office then I am sure the monarchy would not be something that they care about

• bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    If the Queen isn’t a political figure how come the Prime Minister has to report to her (almost) every week?
    The Queen is the ceremonial Head of State - tradition says 'her' Prime Minister reports to her, but as you know, Seth, she has no political power. That doesn't stop others from using her as a pawn of course.
    Surely they'd be better off using her as a queen? She can move in any direction across the board.
    Brilliant
  • bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    Surely they'd be better off using her as a queen? She can move in any direction across the board.
    You funny fucker you
  • Lots of rumours going around on social media that the unthinkable might have finally happened, all due to this article: https://hollywoodunlocked.com/hu-exclusive-queen-elizabeth-dead/

Doesn't seem to be a troll page or anything
  • Going off the amount of articles discussing the protocol when she does die in the past

I'd be very surprised if this was something that could be leaked by such a minor source
  • These rumours always used to appear for Prince Philip. That article doesn't look legit 
  • No name to the article. Absolute wrongens.
  • Sponsored links:

• Saga Lout said:
    Was her decision to keep working caused by the woefully inadequate Statutory Sick Pay we have in this country? Can't see her being able to live on £96.35 a week.
    she could turn the heating on for about 15 mins in her gaff based on that amount 
  • IAgree said:
    I heard she was on a bus with no mask.
    Jeez I’m a republican and think that’s in poor taste - a 95 year old has Covid and it’s serious, not a subject of humour. Whatever my opinions of she’s a remarkable woman and deserves incredible respect.
    I knew it wasn't serious.
  • IAgree said:
    I heard she was on a bus with no mask.
    Jeez I’m a republican and think that’s in poor taste - a 95 year old has Covid and it’s serious, not a subject of humour. Whatever my opinions of she’s a remarkable woman and deserves incredible respect.
    I knew it wasn't serious.

Cheers, Doctor Covered End.

I still think she just had the Common cold
  • MrOneLung said:

Being an atheist I would always bash the bishop  >:)