Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mullins + other potential signings

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]How many other “wow” signings have their been in the CC so far? Fowler to Cardiff is all I can think of

Kish to Leicester ??
    Hughes to Hull ?? ;o)
  • Options
    As I said before .GRAVESON. !!!!!.Use the Luke money to buy him and the Romm money to tempt / pay him . You want midfield muscle / guile / energy .He's your man.If wingeing Sheffield can have a go why not us ?.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]I get your points SS and Ormiston, but my concern is that are adopting a bit of a risky strategy.

I'm not talking 'wow' as in bringing in a superstar, i'm just concerned from the signings we have made, we haven't brought in anyone who is clearly a level above what we are going to be playing in, or are particularly proven and excelling at the league we are going to be in. The nearest we have got to that is Ilewumo, and he has scored goals by a team playing to his strengths and being direct, something i can' see us doing so much.

As for the other summer signings, Moo2 and Samedo have the unknown potential to go on and do big things, but there are still massive risks attached to that, particularly being young and away from home in a hustle bustle league. Varney i think will work hard but i can't see him delivering the kind of goals tally we would need to win the league. Todorov i think is someone who will prove past his best, and chances of him staying injury free are pretty slim. McCarthy i have serious doubts about and am dying to be proved wrong.

You've changed your tune! Nice to see someone agreeing with me though.
  • Options
    i'm not agreeing with you.
  • Options
    Pretty much. We were only a few words out in our analysis of the new signings :-)
  • Options
    You lot all worry too much.

Who wants the 'wow' factor anyway? Haven't we had enough of overpaid, poncy, flashy, 'good in my international shirt', 'let me out if I get you relegated', crap gits?

Bring on the best of the hungry, keen to prove themselves, hard-working, younger lower league players, that's what I say. Even if it doesn't work it will be more satisfying.