Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mark Lanegan RIP

Singer songwriter Mark Lanegan has died at his home aged 57.

RIP

Comments

• Options
    Ah shit, a favourite of mine from my youth.

I'd rather listen to Sweet Oblivion or Dust by The Screaming Trees than watch the dross that is Charlton currently anyway.

RIP
  • Options
    Sad news, I really enjoyed his albums with Isobel Campbell
  • Options
    Shrew said:
    Sad news, I really enjoyed his albums with Isobel Campbell
    Very good. His album Bubblegum is excellent as well. Unique voice, RIP
  • Options
    never heard of him before .. listening to Planet Rock today, a Screaming Trees song was played by Wyatt .. pretty good

R I P
  • Options
    Great shame. The Whiskey for the Holy Ghost album was my introduction to him in 1994. Certainly lived life hard and dangerously. RIP Mark.
  • Options
    Tbf, considering his life, he had a bloody good innings. 

RIP - Bubblegum is an underappreciated work of genius 
  • Options
    I remember seeing him come on at the roundhouse to do a couple of songs with Peter Hook. He left a lasting impression doing great justice to Ian Curtis and the joy division tracks
  • Options
    I remember seeing him come on at the roundhouse to do a couple of songs with Peter Hook. He left a lasting impression doing great justice to Ian Curtis and the joy division tracks
    Remember a great version of Atmosphere that they did
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Remember a great version of Atmosphere that they did
    His rendition of Dead Souls particularly stood out to me
  • Options
    What about this for a one/two - the first two tracks from Whiskey For The Holy Ghost.

The River Rise / Barracho

https://youtu.be/8lmLMf-l9Kg

https://youtu.be/mcyu0UCvSyA