Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: WENDIES 2-0 CHARLTON

thanks to the brave 23 who gave marks

Comments

• Options
    thanks to the brave 23 who gave marks

Only 1 point closer to the relegation zone... Shows just how poor the bottom half is this season.
  • Options
    It says something that the Ref nearly got MOTM for the second game running
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Thanks Stig it isn't my favourite task, but it's our team and if we can be bothered to do the marks I hope the team can be bothered to try and win
    I would love to think that for his team talk on Saturday, Johnny Jackson will pin Statbank to the wall and say, "There you go boys, Lancs has worked bloody hard on that. Now go out there and sort those numbers out".
    I wonder if Gilbey realises that his last 3 marks have been 3.07, 3.80, 3.37. "Impressive" consistency

• Options
    edited February 2022

I see that’s the lowest of the season. It wasn’t quite that bad (Oxford at home, Lincoln away were worse) but I think frustrations are showing through, my own marks included. I could quite happily not see 90% of them in a Charlton shirt again.

• Options
    RedPanda said:

I see that’s the lowest of the season. It wasn’t quite that bad (Oxford at home, Lincoln away were worse) but I think frustrations are showing through, my own marks included. I could quite happily not see 90% of them in a Charlton shirt again.

I think the marks reflect the general grumpiness rather than the performance.

MacG for example, while he has his faults, didn't make any obvious howlers yet gets just 5. Ditto Matthews, at under 4, was being punished for previous performances
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

MacG for example, while he has his faults, didn't make any obvious howlers yet gets just 5. Ditto Matthews, at under 4, was being punished for previous performances
    imo people form an opinion (over short term usually) about a player then mark accordingly long term, however well or badly they play. They just see the good OR the bad, not weigh up both. Your Mc Goalkeeper example is excellent. Abit of a bandwagon effect, a lot of "fans" pile in and slate him, when he is a good keeper decent distribution, good shot stopper, but not perfect and could come for crosses more. I'm not goalkeeping expert but  I don't think he could have done anything about the 2nd, and the defence/midfield should have sorted the first. By all accounts not a lot to do otherwise.So how do you score that? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    those marks are shocking, surely overall we were better than that even though we lost ? .. I can understand that frustration and disappointment has set in amongst a lot of Lifers
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

imo people form an opinion (over short term usually) about a player then mark accordingly long term, however well or badly they play. They just see the good OR the bad, not weigh up both. Your Mc Goalkeeper example is excellent. Abit of a bandwagon effect, a lot of "fans" pile in and slate him, when he is a good keeper decent distribution, good shot stopper, but not perfect and could come for crosses more. I'm not goalkeeping expert but  I don't think he could have done anything about the 2nd, and the defence/midfield should have sorted the first. By all accounts not a lot to do otherwise.So how do you score that? 
    I gave both MacG and Gunter 6s, as neither were terrible nor were they brilliant. MacG was responsible for neither goal, if we had drawn 0-0, would he have got 7s from everyone?

To get 4s and 5s, you should have to actually play badly in the match, making mistakes or not putting in enough effort.
  • Options
    I stayed over in Sheffield and was too out of it to post marks before they closed, it's quite a small number who did and a lot were probably straight away after the game when emotions are running highest. I thought we were rubbish, but slightly less rubbish than against MK. 
  • Options
    Dobson has got MOM 5 times in the last 8.  Remarkable really. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dobson has got MOM 5 times in the last 8.  Remarkable really. 
    He's not even been that great, but he has done his job at least. About 3 of those were earned on reputation mind