Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MLS 2022

2»

Comments

• Options
    Fuchs owns the Fox Academy in London and Leicester so maybe picks some of their talent up along the way
  • Options
    Bale signing for LAFC.
  • Options
    Bale signing for LAFC.
    And Chiellini
  • Options
    Good to see the whitecaps nick a 1-0 win against LAFC before all the superstars arrive.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    There’s a bloke from Lewisham in the Charlotte FC squad!
    Back reading this thread and I just had to google, 'bloke from Lewisham in the Charlotte FC squad'.

Seems Anton Walkes started out in the Spurs under 19 and 23s squads, had a loan to Atlanta in January 2017, came home had a dalliance with Portsmouth before being transferred to Atlanta and moving on to Charlotte.  He is 25 and doesn't seem to be pulling up any trees, but none-the-less has created an interesting life for himself. 

I wonder how his pay and conditions compare to that of say Charlton for example?  

A few days ago I questioned the CL interest in Omar Bogle and now I'm researching this bloke from Lewisham - what a fraud  :s

• Options
    edited October 2022
    MLS playoffs started over the weekend with the first round of games being completed.

Six games were played with the lowest attendance being 17,000 (highest 22,000). Five home wins and one away upset with Cincinnati defeating NYRB at the Red Bull Arena.

NY Red Bulls, Inter Miami, Orlando City, Nashville SC, Minnesota Utd and Real Salt Lake the teams knocked out.

Now onto the "conference semi-final" stage (ie quarter finals):

Eastern Conf:
    Philadelphia Union v FC Cincinnati (20/10)
    CF Montreal v New York City FC (23/10)
    Western Conf:
    Los Angeles FC v LA Galaxy (20/10)
    Austin FC v FC Dallas (23/10)

The four winners will play for the East and West Conference titles on 30th October and the two Conference champions will play the MLS Cup Final on 5th November.