Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football violence in Mexico

Horrible news from the Queretaro v Atlas match in the Mexican league.

The game had to be stopped midway through the second half due to violence in the stands.

It spilled out onto the pitch and the concourses and has resulted in multiple critical injuries - some outlets reporting more than a dozen deaths.

Comments

• Seen some of the photos and videos of this circling social media, absolutely appalling.

What leads people to get into a state where they are kicking people to death?  Especially over football?  Animals.
  • There is something very disturbing that so many people have the most primitively brutal trigger in them to be able to rain violence onto someone prone unconscious or worse on the floor. 

I get that some people enjoy fighting and violence, but I will never understand that level of cowardly evil. And as for this stripping of their clothes humiliation, WTF???
  • Violence in Mexico? I don't believe it. 
  • Life does tend to be quite cheap in some parts of Mexico. The cartels do horrendous things to people
  • Those videos are horrific 
  • The worst I've ever seen and hopefully ever likely to see at a football match.
  • People running over to kick someone in the head who is unconscious and stripped naked!

what the fuck, that’s not being a tough fighter. That is the opposite. 

Is this just football violence or are different cartels linked with these clubs ? 
  • MrOneLung said:
    People running over to kick someone in the head who is unconscious and stripped naked!

what the fuck, that’s not being a tough fighter. That is the opposite. 

Is this just football violence or are different cartels linked with these clubs ? 
    I don't believe it's directly linked to the cartels but I would imagine that the circumstances (poverty, corruption etc) that lead some people to join the cartels leads others to join groups like these 
  • It’s of a piece with what some on here reminisce about. Just a bit more extreme.

The worst of being a football fan.