Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plumber required.

Is anyone, or can any recommend, a competent plumber for a smallish job (https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/4616245#Comment_4616245) in Sydenham?

Comments

• Options
    Swaz Rajkowski
    He has a little team.
    Been my go to plumber for years now, boiler fitting and servicing, the lot.
    Swaz (pronounced Suave) has a small team, works out of Mottingham, and yes, he is a Polish plumber, but has never ripped me off like many home grown tradespeople have.
    Good work for a fair price.
  • Options
    I use Swav too (thought it was that rather than Swaz?). Very honest guy just quite often in Poland! Other than that would recommend. 
  • Options
    If you want someone reliable, fast and able to fix things very quickly, I think you need @aliwibble who will take one look at this thread and see to it that it's sorted out. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Don't know your situation, but if you have not got a filter fitted to the system, which should be cleaned out as part of the annual boiler service, then it may be worth getting that sorted at the same time, or you could be back to square one again soon, worth getting a quote or two..
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    seth plum said:
    Swaz Rajkowski
    He has a little team.
    Swaz (pronounced Suave) has a small team, works out of Mottingham, and yes, he is a Polish plumber, but has never ripped me off like many home grown tradespeople have.
    has to be the 3rd time i can remember you've had a pop at english tradespeople - generalising of epic proportions. 

I done a full apprenticeship of 4 years to learn plumbing and heating - earning about 400 quid a month when i started. 

now am a manager 

if i turned round and said i would have a polish plumber in my house but hell be pissed by lunchtime you would kick right off. 

ive worked in the industry for 14 years - ive worked with bad english and bad polish ive worked with good english and good polish. 

i have been on sites where people have got sandwiches out for lunch and some have got 3 cans of beer out for lunch. 

Rubbish. I have never generalised in any epic way but have reported on my experiences.
    They are that many of the indigenous tradespeople have ripped me off a lot.
    For balance I have employed Millwall supporting electricians (and they knew I was a Charlton fan) who work out of Greenwich and they have been top straight up tradespeople.
    However in percentage terms I have not been ripped off as much by others like an Albanian tiler, other Polish electricians, a Greek plasterer, and an African builder as I have been ripped off by local people.
    The most lazy, unreliable, slow, piss taking guys ever (they did the job to a reasonable standard eventually) were loft converters from Harlow.
    My experience is my experience, and it has influenced me as to future choices, or influenced how I would take chances with unknown tradespeople.
  • Options
    I was ripped off by a Polish handyman last year, I don't view his nationality as any link to that, because that would be racist. 
  • Options
    There's good and bad everywhere but if you really think you have been ripped off perhaps you should have a conversation with the chap you've hired before paying in full.
    Nationality is no guide to how well / badly a job will be done, do a bit of looking about at their work and read up on what the job involves before engaging. 
    I'm having a new fence made. I could do it myself but I absolutely loathe digging holes, so I'm paying someone else to do it all. The guy I want has done 4 other fences within 100 yards of my house, he cant do mine for 6 weeks which sort of tells me he is in demand, people like his work and price.
    He is a bloody nice trustworthy bloke. Also the chaps that did my drive were the  hard working, reliable and good at what they do. I doubt any of them would describe themselves as I do myself.

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Swaz Rajkowski
    He has a little team.
    has to be the 3rd time i can remember you've had a pop at english tradespeople - generalising of epic proportions. 

I done a full apprenticeship of 4 years to learn plumbing and heating - earning about 400 quid a month when i started. 

now am a manager 

if i turned round and said i would have a polish plumber in my house but hell be pissed by lunchtime you would kick right off. 

ive worked in the industry for 14 years - ive worked with bad english and bad polish ive worked with good english and good polish. 

i have been on sites where people have got sandwiches out for lunch and some have got 3 cans of beer out for lunch. 

Cheers. 😏