Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Defoe Retires

2»

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    I was interested in learning more about Defoe’s religious beliefs. Surprised to see the below as the first result from Googling “Jermain Defoe Christian”. Also found out as well as being Catholic he became vegan and teetotal, presumably things he also sees as contributing to his success.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jermain-defoe-claims-hes-christian-8763142

He really shouldn't have married his mum in the first place.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    robroy said:
    Retired leaving 7 games of the season left, bullet dodged. 

They only have 1 striker. 
    Sorry to piss on everyone’s chips but he hasn’t retired. A source, says The Sun, tells them that he’s using the international break to consider his future and may decide to retire. So a non story really.
    Hmmmmmm 🤔

• Options
    I hate West Ham for stealing Defoe...and Chelsea for nicking Parker and ruining our development in the Premier League. Players will nearly always chase the cash, who can blame them? Defoe's retirement letter is very sweet but he should have stuck with us for few years.
  • Options
    I hate West Ham for stealing Defoe...and Chelsea for nicking Parker and ruining our development in the Premier League. Players will nearly always chase the cash, who can blame them? Defoe's retirement letter is very sweet but he should have stuck with us for few years.
    Chelsea gave us 10mil for Parker, hardly nicked him. 

Defoe had a great career and seemed a decent fella. His friendship with Bradley Lowery was superb. 
  • Options
    I know he gets hate on here, but what he did for poor Bradley Lowery goes beyond football & changed my opinion of the man completely 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I was interested in learning more about Defoe’s religious beliefs. Surprised to see the below as the first result from Googling “Jermain Defoe Christian”. Also found out as well as being Catholic he became vegan and teetotal, presumably things he also sees as contributing to his success.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jermain-defoe-claims-hes-christian-8763142

Tony was punching well above 
    JD was clearly a shit but it takes 2 to tango and the ex Mrs Calvert went back for 2nds as well
    TC got his bunce from the mirror no doubt
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Scoham said:

Tony was punching well above 
    JD was clearly a shit but it takes 2 to tango and the ex Mrs Calvert went back for 2nds as well
    TC got his bunce from the mirror no doubt
    Tony was punching? He’s a better looking bloke than Defoe that’s for sure 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Lovely words from Defoe about his mum but can I assure every sportsperson and Defoe, "God" has allowed babies and Children to die in wars, starvation, Since the beginning of time. Abuse and death by a toddler's own parent was yet again on the news last night.
     if "HE" doesn't care about the young why would he care about Footballers, Golfers and their Journey?

Just Bizarre to me and has been since I was 8 years old and i put questions to my Sunday school teacher  which she couldn't answer.