Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If you could have 1 player from a past CAFC team

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
to put in this season's squad who would it be and WHY

Me

The skipper

Mark Kinsella - drove everyone on led by example and players around him knew who the boss was. Truly one of our best skippers.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2007
    A fit Clive Mendonca

Superb movement, great finsher could be the difference between 3 points and bugger all
  • Options
    Les Beckenberry - The Kaiser.
  • Options
    Rufus - never felt worried when he was in defence
  • Options
    Scotty Parker would easily fill that gap we currently have in central midfield.
  • Options
    Alan Simonsen - When was the last time we had a European Footballer of the Year in a Home shirt down at the Valley ?
  • Options
    No contest - Kinsella

A winner, who excelled in the Championship and drives on others. And a centre mid
  • Options
    deffo Rufus,
  • Options
    Killer
  • Options
    Mark Kinsella.
  • Options
    Darren Bent
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kenny Achampong
  • Options
    mendonca,proper goal scorer
  • Options
    Ned Kelly
  • Options
    Second thoughts, Graham Moore - Wales, Man Utd and Chelsea midfielder - quality footballer and inspirational skipper.
  • Options
    Carl Leaburn. Would probably get an England call up playing alongside Marcus.
  • Options
    He'd have had to play alongside Wayne Rooney to get an England call up.

However, he's a local lad who came through the youth team, played England U-20 - and despite any inadequacies, is still a worthy Charlton legend!
  • Options
    Given our present playing resources any from Parker, Kinsella, Bailey, Gritt and Kish.

All of whom were 100% committed to the cause and could do the centre mid job.
  • Options
    Rufus, our defence hasn't looked the same since he retired.

Other than that Kins.
  • Options
    Painful to say but...Scott Parker.
  • Options
    Kins without a doubt (decided as soon as I read title of thread) - as much for the leadership as his own skill. That's why he edges out Parker. Could we give him a playing contract - he's still desperate to play...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ray Tracey for me.
  • Options
    KInsella and Simonsen would be a great midfield partnership
  • Options
    Parker
  • Options
    Kinsella without a doubt. Mendonca second, Rufus third.
  • Options
    Mendonca and possibly Paul Elliott
  • Options
    Johnny Robinson - Not the greatest player in the world but had more passion for our club in his little finger than our whole team last year!

x
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]to put in this season's squad who would it be and WHY

Me

The skipper

Mark Kinsella - drove everyone on led by example and players around him knew who the boss was. Truly one of our best skippers.

100%, all day long, locked on fact. Kins all the way for me.
  • Options
    The only other one i would consider and hasn't been mentioned is Simon Webster. We need a rock at the back and a strong leader, i really hope MacCarthy rises to it, but i'm not 100% convinced.
  • Options
    Ricky Otto
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Ricky Otto

Don't be stupid

;-)