Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Walton

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
rumours abound elsewhere that he is joining QPHahaha. Loan or permanent not mentioned. Would explain a lot.

Comments

• Options
    qpr supporting mate has just phoned saying it looks like he is joining them for between 300k and 500k.
    don't know how reliable it is though.
  • Options
    From the BBC this morning:

QPR are lining up a £350,000 move for Charlton's Simon Walton. (Daily Mirror)
  • Options
    Pardew obviously doesn't rate the guy & it is a LOCKED ON FACT that he will be leaving. It's a shame really, because he obviously has some talent but something important appears to be missing from his game.
  • Options
    the blokes a bluff watch him slide into obscurity
  • Options
    Night John Boy!
  • Options
    QPR fan I know who knows Paladini (QPR Chairman) says Walton is a done deal and will be announced later today. No reason not to believe him.
  • Options
    Would explain why Pards didn't take him to Spain.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]QPR fan I know who knows Paladini (QPR Chairman) says Walton is a done deal

heard the same Large.
  • Options
    Also heard the same

Shame we never really got to see what he could do
  • Options
    Says on the CAFC website that he's gone to QPR for only £200k. I personally think that is rubbish making such a loss on him after just one season!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i agree, and leaving us with 2 centre mids in sinclair and holland. Given that he made both ipswich and cardiffs first team at this level having him as a squad player would surely have been a better idea.
  • Options
    Not unless someone else is coming in though-

Pardew obviously just doesn't rate him enough
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jac52[/cite]i agree, and leaving us with 2 centre mids in sinclair and holland. Given that he made both ipswich and cardiffs first team at this level having him as a squad player would surely have been a better idea.

and Reid and Ambrose and Faye. Still reckon we'll sign Mullins or Song.
  • Options
    There's probably some money saving behind this deal, as I think there were add-on clauses in the deal with Leeds, which we now won't pay. When we bought him the deal was announced as being for £1m, now it says on the site we paid an initial £500k. Pardew probably hasn't seen enough of him, or doesn't rate him enough to pay the extra £500k if he stays.
  • Options
    Proabably true regarding the finances had forgotten about that. Faye is either injured or gonna be flogged as he hasn't featured at all pre-season so far and i dont think ambrose or reid are good enough in the centre of the park especially in a 4 man midfield. Hope you're right about mullins and/or song.