Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Spare Wimbledon Men’s Tennis Semi-Final Centre Court ticket - Friday 8th July 2022

edited March 2022 in Social Groups
Hi Lifers. I secured a pair of tickets for this year’s Wimbledon Mens Semi-final in the LTA Advantage ballot which takes place on Centre Court on Friday 8th July 2022 but I really only need one so the other is available to buy. Face value is £210. These tickets are extremely rare to find and go for £2000 a pair. I am looking for just £500 for the spare ticket which will be seated next to mine.

These are the top price seats although the exact location is not yet known as they are yet to be released to me. The tickets will be in my name and the venue requires my ID upon entry so you would need to meet me at the gate and go in together.

Comments

• Options
    So you want to charge more than twice what you paid for your spare ticket?
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Yes because (1) these sell for £2000 a pair and (2) I can’t really afford my ticket so I will let them go if they cannot be subsidised by someone who wants them and can afford/is willing to pay a premium - in the same way they would have to if they bought them via a ticket agency website. 

It’s all about supply and demand mate. No-one is forcing anyone to buy the ticket. If they want it, they’ll buy it and still know they paid less than Viagogo would charge them - plus they can be reassured that mine are genuine and hassle free.

I sold a lower quality, similar pair costing £175 each to a dealer for £1500 5 years ago who would have been making a profit on that so I’d say that the this is a decent deal for a rare event for which the average Joe cannot get a ticket - especially with covid limiting accessibility of non-transferrable tickets.

Is that sufficient explanation (if, indeed, I need to give one!)??
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Yes because (1) these sell for £2000 a pair and (2) I can’t really afford my ticket so I will let them go if they cannot be subsidised by someone who wants them and can afford/is willing to pay a premium - in the same way they would have to if they bought them via a ticket agency website. 

It’s all about supply and demand mate. No-one is forcing anyone to buy the ticket. If they want it, they’ll buy it and still know they paid less than Viagogo would charge them - plus they can be reassured that mine are genuine and hassle free.

I sold a lower quality, similar pair costing £175 each to a dealer for £1500 5 years ago who would have been making a profit on that so I’d say that the this is a decent deal for a rare event for which the average Joe cannot get a ticket - especially with covid limiting accessibility of non-transferrable tickets.

Is that sufficient explanation (if, indeed, I need to give one!)??
    Your avatar is spot on.