Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Manager Q&A

2»

Comments

• Options
    Amazing how things have changed. 10-15 years ago a Q&A with the Charlton manager would have had about 50% of members on here tuned in and hundreds of comments on here.

Fast forward, it generated limited interest on here and I’ve not seen a single comment elsewhere on social media. 
  • Options
    Amazing how things have changed. 10-15 years ago a Q&A with the Charlton manager would have had about 50% of members on here tuned in and hundreds of comments on here.

Fast forward, it generated limited interest on here and I’ve not seen a single comment elsewhere on social media. 
    That's what bottom half league one does.
    Most supporters just want the season to end.
  • Options
    But there's not even the usual whinging and complaining.

How many were on the meeting?
  • Options
    An awful season which a lot of people can’t wait to see the back off, hence no one is that bothered on what was said  at the zoom meeting on Thursday night. 
  • Options
    Perhaps but that hasn't stopped analysis of every other aspect of the club's operation, including JJ's weekly press conferences. 

Personally, I'd still like to know what was said about next season, recruitment, the training ground, 352, Womens/Ladies, Nile John and Castillo.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Perhaps but that hasn't stopped analysis of every other aspect of the club's operation, including JJ's weekly press conferences. 

Personally, I'd still like to know what was said about next season, recruitment, the training ground, 352, Womens/Ladies, Nile John and Castillo.
    It was quite tame. I had it on in the background and I wasn't that engaged. I don't recall Castillo or John being discussed.

Jacko told the story how he came to Charlton as a loanee out of position left back to replace his future 'mate' Grant Basey. Parky had tried to bag him the previous summer but when that fell through he went north to join Notts County. 

He commented that as an opposing player for Spurs and Colchester he had always done well against Charlton. 

I posted above the couple of areas which I thought were insightful . It does appear that Jacko is keen on making 3 5 2 work rather than tinker with it although he did indicate that he could be flexible within the system ie play two wingers at Wing Back although he prefers a convential full back on one of the wings. Also in midfield the system  could be adapted . Two number 8's  or an extra holding player. He wants us to have a system which we use and vary rather than change to a different formation. 

In terms of scouting he confirmed that some old school scouting still happens as well as the Black box.

Darren Bent was the player from the past who he would want in the current line up. 

I learned a lot about Karen. She is an ex Cafc player who spent 12 years managing Spurs. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:

It was quite tame. I had it on in the background and I wasn't that engaged. I don't recall Castillo or John being discussed.

Jacko told the story how he came to Charlton as a loanee out of position left back to replace his future 'mate' Grant Basey. Parky had tried to bag him the previous summer but when that fell through he went north to join Notts County. 

He commented that as an opposing player for Spurs and Colchester he had always done well against Charlton. 

I posted above the couple of areas which I thought were insightful . It does appear that Jacko is keen on making 3 5 2 work rather than tinker with it although he did indicate that he could be flexible within the system ie play two wingers at Wing Back although he prefers a convential full back on one of the wings. Also in midfield the system  could be adapted . Two number 8's  or an extra holding player. He wants us to have a system which we use and vary rather than change. 

In terms of scouting he confirmed that some old school scouting still happens as well as the Black box.

Darren Bent was the player from the past who he would want in the current line up. 

I learned a lot about Karen. She is an ex Cafc player who spent 12 years managing Spurs. 
    Thanks @richardj
  • Options

A similar CAST Q&A sessions with Jackson just a few months ago was well attended and commented about, so the change is down to the apathy and disgruntlement that has set in this season
  • Options
    But there's not even the usual whinging and complaining.

How many were on the meeting?
    50 including staff, so probably 40ish.