Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vote for your 2021/22 Player of the Year

2»

Comments

• Options
    Obviously it’s a Dobbo but I’m still a lot happier with Pearce in the side , at least in this system.  1 chasing at Bolton but not a long wrong otherwise
  • Options
    Dobson by a country mile for me. Washington in second place. Probably Stockley in third, though possibly Clare or (if he'd played more games) Blackett-Taylor.  
  • Options
    Cheers for posting
  • Options
    Bumping for those that, like me, missed this before...have voted for the only contender...D...o.
  • Options
    1. Anita
    2. Macca (just for that 'assist' for the Washington goal the other week!)
    3. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. 

• Options
    edited April 2022

I think a Worst Player of the Year (WPOTY) would be far more interesting.

We certainly have many more credible contenders. In fact, we could announce a whole WPOTY team if we include first team squad members who never (or very rarely) appeared on the pitch, during the entire season

1.Henderson
    2. Arter 
    3. Kirk
    4. Gunter
    5 Watson  (Captain- obviously)
    6 Soure
    7 John
    8 Castillo
    9 Matthews
    10 Barker
    11 Leko

How many other League 1 squads could boast a WPOTY 11 ? Quite an achievement in my book.

I would pay good money to watch that lot at least once for comedy value. Just relieved I am not the one paying for it all.
    Every team with eleven players has eleven Worst Players of the Year.  Doesn't mean they were bad, just the worst.  Similarly, without them necessarily being good, every team has eleven best players.
  • Options
    What bothers me is a lot of our POTYs don't seem to be with us the next season! Dobson should break the record with his percentage vote.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Hmm

Toughy.
    Morgan? 😉 
  • Options
    I predict he will get north of 80% of our votes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Hmm

Toughy.
    Morgan? 😉 
    Can't say I didn't think if saying it just for the reaction. 
  • Options
    Think its highly expected that Dobson will win it, but am a little surprised to see Jayden Stockley not get more of a mention on the topic.

Could very well finish the season breaking the 20 goal mark, which is very impressive considering the lack of decent service he has had all season
  • Options
    Cup goals only count if you’re officially known as a 20+ goal striker.
  • Options
    Found it difficult to chose between Lee and Leko so I coped out and went for Dobson.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Depends on how many devices you have to vote for him. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    seth plum said:
    Depends on how many devices you have to vote for him. 
    If it's as corrupt as the American voting system ~ anything is possible. Landslide win for Leko or Arter!  
  • Options
    It’s obviously Dobson but it should be noted how much better we are with Stockley and Washington in the side. Useless without them. 
  • Options
    The closing date for voting will be tomorrow, 15th April at 10.00 pm. That gives you overnight to consider your options and then take into account  any outstanding performances against Morecambe that may sway you. Then it will be make your mind up time. The winner will be announced at the Player of the Year Dinner on 1st May (tickets still available).
  • Options
    Thanks for the reminder I’d have missed it otherwise.
  • Options
    What do the players think…

https://youtu.be/PZ2jamMWKhw