Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ipswich Town (a) tickets to go on sale

Comments

• 1,575 tickets sold.
  • I'm pleasantly very surprised by this turn-out, it's close to London but the trains aren't cheap.

Conversely I thought we'd have more at Cambridge as it's only an 80 minute car trip after work.
  • Ipswich surely have to increase the allocation again - game is a few weeks away, but we have already nearly sold out increased allocation 
  • Seriously confused about the popularity of this one.
  • cafctom said:
    Seriously confused about the popularity of this one.
    last game of the season .. always a chance for the one time a  season awayers to get outside the M25 ((:>)
  • My train tickets were relatively cheap, travelling from Romford was £10.60 each way.
  • My train tickets were relatively cheap, travelling from Romford was £10.60 each way.
    Yup, managed to pick up advance singles from Liverpool Street for £10 each way (£6.60 with railcard)
  • edited April 2022
    Ipswich surely have to increase the allocation again - game is a few weeks away, but we have already nearly sold out increased allocation 
    Depends if the club told them wouldn’t want any more than that. I don’t think it’s helpful that the club isn’t clear about whether allocations are final in the initial messaging. Sometimes there is uncertainty but I get the impression it’s an internal comms problem. I did set the coach times (at the club’s request) and told them then it would be a popular game. Mind you, I’m going (by train) and I have no idea why…
  • Ipswich surely have to increase the allocation again - game is a few weeks away, but we have already nearly sold out increased allocation 
    Depends if the club told them wouldn’t want any more than that. I don’t think it’s helpful that the club isn’t clear about whether allocations are final in the initial messaging. Sometimes there is uncertainty but I get the impression it’s an internal comms problem. I did set the coach times (at the club’s request) and told them then it would be a popular game. Mind you, I’m going (by train) and I have no idea why…
    According to the internet, the away end can accommodate 3,000 - if Charlton did say to ITFC that we only need 1,500 or so, then that’s nuts - we may be having a poor season, but it’s only 1 hour to Ipswich from London - an easy trip for Charlton fans by train or road - we could easily take over 2,000, and if we were challenging at the top of the division we would sell it out

I’m going by train as well - £10 each way - a bargain !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Final game of the season, bank holiday weekend, no pressure on the game, so it's an enjoyable day out really
  • Final game of the season, bank holiday weekend, no pressure on the game, so it's an enjoyable day out really
    Apart from the 90 mins of football 😉
  • Got my  tickets today for my Grandson and I. We just want to see this season over!. I have always tried to make the Ipswich game and one great memory was the Leaburn hat-trick.
  • cafctom said:
    We've usually taken a decent following to Ipswich in my experience. It's one of the livelier aways, a bit like Southampton, so I guess that's part of the appeal. The early kick off put me off this one tbh. I'm too old for it now ha!
  • Taking my eldest grandson to his first away game. More to come next season, I hope. 
  • RedPanda said:
    I'm pleasantly very surprised by this turn-out, it's close to London but the trains aren't cheap.

Conversely I thought we'd have more at Cambridge as it's only an 80 minute car trip after work.
    £13 the train with a railcard 
  • clb74 said:
    RedPanda said:
    I'm pleasantly very surprised by this turn-out, it's close to London but the trains aren't cheap.

Nice. I hadn't even looked to be honest as I'm only going to Cambridge. I just saw some £40 figures flying around a Whatsapp group, God knows what they've booked then.
  • RedPanda said:
    clb74 said:
    RedPanda said:

Nice. I hadn't even looked to be honest as I'm only going to Cambridge. I just saw some £40 figures flying around a Whatsapp group, God knows what they've booked then.
    Advance tickets were £13 and a ticket on the day are £40.00. Imagine the first train after the game will be so rammed you could probably book any cheap one and get on that as I imagine some people who booked later will do.
  • RedPanda said:
    clb74 said:
    RedPanda said:

Advance tickets were £13 and a ticket on the day are £40.00. Imagine the first train after the game will be so rammed you could probably book any cheap one and get on that as I imagine some people who booked later will do.
    Nobody will be coming home straight after the game surely, as it's a 12:30 kickoff giving plenty of time to stay around for a beer or a wander.

If anything the crowded trains will be going up.
  • Sponsored links:

• YTS1978 said:
    cafctom said:
    We've usually taken a decent following to Ipswich in my experience. It's one of the livelier aways, a bit like Southampton, so I guess that's part of the appeal. The early kick off put me off this one tbh. I'm too old for it now ha!
    I didn’t realise how quick it was by train from London, as have always gone there by coach.

Would have been up for this had I not made other plans. 

I know full well that 2-3 weeks into the post season I’ll be missing live football desperately, no matter how awful it is! 
  • Its a ground I like and I return every few years. I am going this year.

My first visit was in 1981when we played the classic Bobby Robson Ipswich team and I particularly remember a 4-4 draw over Xmas one year.

Looking forward to it.
  • RedPanda said:
    clb74 said:
    RedPanda said:

The 40 quid tickets were before the cheap fares came in.

• Only been there once, in 2012 when we won 2-1 with goals from Ricardo Fuller and some unknown called Jackson.
  • As this game kicks off at 12.30 will there be a live stream in the UK?
  • Sod it, I’ve changed my plans around and I’m coming.
  • cafctom said:
    Sod it, I’ve changed my plans around and I’m coming.
    need a ticket ? .. lol
  • RedPanda said:

Trains seem very cheap to me ! 
  • Sold out with over 2 weeks till the match !
  • Sold out with over 2 weeks till the match !
    Glory hunters  ;)