Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: AFC Wimbledon v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 5 April 2022

Comments

• Options
    Expect this match will be a battle, but hoping to see something resembling a fluid attacking plan when we are in possession. 
  • Options
     Naby’s coming home - 100% confirmed 
    Have talked to the big man about this …
    Is this a joke or is there genuine rumour about Naby re-signing?
    i mentioned it on the lincoln post match thread coz i heard the rumour on sunday - not sure where else its been mentioned - also gave my view on it 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    i mentioned it on the lincoln post match thread coz i heard the rumour on sunday - not sure where else its been mentioned - also gave my view on it 
    Hopefully that view was 'we may be about to re-sign the best underlapping attacking CB in world football' 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Why do we have to play Jaiyesimi at LWB. He's played most positions barring his actual positions. 

He's received a fair bit of abuse on socials but when you consider this I think he's done pretty well. 
  • Options
    Hello, hello ..... anybody there? No answer was the loud reply. Watching Charlotte's lips move. :smile:
  • Options
    surprised stockley is starting more than jfc - he didn't get off the ground for a header in the first half - definitely looks to be struggling - shows how great MB is atm  
  • Options
    Talal said:
    mendonca said:
    Why do we have to play Jaiyesimi at LWB. He's played most positions barring his actual positions. 

He's received a fair bit of abuse on socials but when you consider this I think he's done pretty well. 
    The frustration for me is that he looks better defensively than when he goes forward in the wingback position, to say he was supposed to be an attacking option. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watching Stockley warm up and he isn't scoring today
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Hopefully that view was 'we may be about to re-sign the best underlapping attacking CB in world football' 
    no, still not forgiven him for not getting off the ground as millwall's big lump scored their winner - too inconsistent (nothing to do with his colour before you start) 
  • Options
    It would be another excellent piece of budget scouting if we get Sarr. 

Arter, Matthews, Aneke...you have a job for life!
  • Options
    Chris Perry coming over really well on Charlton TV and speaking really well of his time here.

But it is heartbreaking listening to his and curbs comments on the teams he played in compared to where we are now. 
  • Options
    Very interesting guy to listen to is Chris Perry, Curbs not getting a word in..  and good to see some old stuff with that great team including, Dennis, Herman, etc, such good memories
  • Options
  • Options
    Cracking pre match soundtrack here
  • Options
    I would have Nabby back in a heartbeat 
  • Options
    Being deafened by saxophones at the moment :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How is there a queue this long? Tinpot wankers 
  • Options
    God?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    This is going to be a race against time, I’m still cooking linguine…..
    In my seat but had to skip pudding :(
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    We could play Purrington at LWB and Famewo at CB, 2 players in their actual position. But no Jackson would rather stick DJ who's a right winger at LWB. Makes perfect sense.
    It makes perfect sense to Mr Jackson.

Look inside his head and you see defensive RWB Matthews dropping to LCB to coverh the inside overlapping CB Clare.
    And attacking LWB, tonight DJ, who when he gets forward conventional LB Purrington moves across to cover him.

Player combinations. The theory is that preserves the team shape. Remember, one defensive WB, one attacking WB. 
    Look in his eyes, what do you see?
    wrong position for Jaiyesimi 
    I know your anger, I know your dreams
    I've seen everything you don't want to see
    Like Sean Clare and Elliot Lee
    The wrong position for Jaiyesimi
    The wrong position for Jaiyesimi
  • Options
    Is anyone elses picture blurry in moving pictures?
  • Options
    I don’t mind DJ although probably better on the right, where he’s been playing, I don’t mind Lee either (and not seeing what Fraser offers tbh, or why he gets such a pass on here) and liking JFC back.  Major concern is the runs against our defence, the cuts inside and the goals from those weaknesses!

Hope that isn’t too controversial.  COYR
  • Options
    Oh unlucky from Stockley... Lovely pass from JFC
  • Options
    1. 4'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Ben Purrington (Charlton Athletic) header from the left side of the box is blocked. Assisted by Jake Forster-Caskey with a cross.

• Options
    1. 4'

Post update

Foul by Diallang Jaiyesimi (Charlton Athletic).

2. 4'

Post update

Ayoub Assal (AFC Wimbledon) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!