Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marbella Friendly

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
Picked this snippet up from the unofficial e-mail list, which I thought was quite interesting

'...I thought the interesting bit was the crowds reaction to Dickson's goal.
There were monkey chants and some choice language from the Marbella fans. You
did not have to be fluent to understand what they were saying. Dickson ran
straight over to the section and pointed to himself as they were doing it.
The other bit was the amount of beer the Charlton fans consumed at the
game. I think they drunk the ground dry!! ...'

Firstly, just what is wrong with a small minority of Europeans? Weren't there sections of the crowd who racially abused some England players in a friendly against Spain a few years ago? Good on Chris Dickson for confronting them, I say.

Secondly, good on the Charlton fans for trying to drink the ground dry. They're obviously keeping the flag flying for the operation minibus crew...LOL

Comments

• Options
    i sadly expect it from some backward Eastern European countries like Serbia, but Spain and Spaniards really should know better. Just don't get it.

As said the other day, the more i hear about this Dickson, the more i think we may of unearthed a nugget. Seems to know where the goal is, and everyone about his character seems to be bouncy. If he has the right attitude and doesn't let it go to his head, he has a real chance.
  • Options
    Not surprised at all, the spaniards, italians etc are behind the times, still in the dark ages! And they cant even stop it it seems! shame.

MAke you right Afka about dickson, i always thought he could turn out to be an absolute goal machine, and he seems to no where the goal is! I say loan him to league 1, he will score lots imo, and get him back and blood him in the champ. Top player he will be i reckon!
  • Options
    He'll be off to Spurs or West Ham next summer!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i sadly expect it from some backward Eastern European countries like Serbia, but Spain and Spaniards really should know better. Just don't get it.

[/quote]

There are enough people in Britain who vote BNP and hero worship Enoch Powell. I'm pleased that football has the Kick Racism Out of Football Initiative and proud that Charlton have not just signed up to it but take it seriously, but British society as a whole lags behind.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    bollocks, and please don't turn another Charlton thread into a political debate.
  • Options
    didnt enoch powell start up the boy scouts?
  • Options
    No that was Chrissy Powell
  • Options
    As Shag said, that was Chrissy Powell.

And Hope Powell founded the Brownies FACT
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i sadly expect it from some backward Eastern European countries like Serbia, but Spain and Spaniards really should know better. Just don't get it.

There are enough people in Britain who vote BNP and hero worship Enoch Powell. I'm pleased that football has the Kick Racism Out of Football Initiative and proud that Charlton have not just signed up to it but take it seriously, but British society as a whole lags behind.

Our very own Ben Elton....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]And Hope Powell founded the Brownies FACT

Wasn't that Jenny Powell?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2007
    Now she was fit & worth a perv...sorry look at Saturday mornings...
  • Options
    Baden Powell invented the scouts, Jenny Powell invented the gormless bird with A'levels look.. and this thread was a bit political at the onset. Simply put the continental Europeans lag behind the UK in terms of their antiracism in football, with the possible exception of the French.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    She was definitely one I had in the w**K bank when I was 15
  • Options
    And 30 Daniel...

mmm Jenny Powell.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]And 30 Daniel...

mmm Jenny Powell.

True!