Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rotherham United vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 9th April 2022 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    we'll need some height at the back cos Smith, the one who never got a chance with us, is very dangerous in the air
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    MacGillivray
    Clare - Pearce - Famewo
    Dobson
    Matthews - Fraser - Caskey - Taylor
    Stockley - Washington

Jake needs to learn to not drop so deep now we have Dobson. We need his creativity and engine room.
    Or we need to switch to a different formation. 

I'd suggest 

MacGillivray

Matthews - Pearce - Famewo - Purrington

Dobson - F.Caskey

Jaiyesimi - Fraser - B.Taylor

Stockley
    Jacko's not going to do it, Dazzler. I really doubt there's even a smidgin' of a chance we will start with 4 across the backline tomorrow.

Having come from playing Tuesday and day off Wednesday and travelling today (Friday) there's no time to even think of working on a different formation. The best chance you'll see is of a change to diamond to desperately chase the game in its closing stages - like we saw at Bolton.

Jacko is firmy wedded to 3-5-2 and no amount of speculation is going to change that.
    But if I'm wrong I'll gladly buy you a pint ...... but you'll probanly to have to wait until our next playoff Final!  :smile:

@Dazzler21
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Macronate said:
    3-0.

Pisses down all game.

All pubs shut pre-match due to a mass escape of cows threatening human life.

Game delayed due to cows on the pitch.

3 sent off.

8 injured.

All trains back to London after the game cancelled due to cows on the line.

No accommodation available for those that can't get back as all rooms have been booked out  by herds of cows attending a weekend conference for cows at Rotherham Exhibition Centre.
    Milking the analogy
  • Options
    RoanRedNY said:
    Macronate said:
    3-0.

Pisses down all game.

3 sent off.

8 injured.

No accommodation available for those that can't get back as all rooms have been booked out  by herds of cows attending a weekend conference for cows at Rotherham Exhibition Centre.
    Milking the Cow analogy there!
    That's a moo(t) point. :smile:

• Options
    first away game of the season for the 6 of us....no idea on the result, we will be up there early enough to have had enough to drink to not really care either
    Did you go on Wednesday?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    RoanRedNY said:
    Macronate said:
    3-0.

Pisses down all game.

3 sent off.

8 injured.

Udderly ridiculous  :)
  • Options
    Think I’ll give this a swerve. A heavy defeat beckons …
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I expect a half decent performance tomorrow, better than the dross on Tuesday night. I would expect Pearce to come.in and keep Smith quiet. But still a defeat beckons. 2-1 Rorherham. Wow, 19 defeats in League 1. That is shocking. Every person connected with the first team should be thoroughly ashamed.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    MacGillivray
    Clare - Pearce - Famewo
    Dobson
    Matthews - Fraser - Caskey - Taylor
    Stockley - Washington

Jake needs to learn to not drop so deep now we have Dobson. We need his creativity and engine room.
    Or we need to switch to a different formation. 

I'd suggest 

MacGillivray

Matthews - Pearce - Famewo - Purrington

Dobson - F.Caskey

Jaiyesimi - Fraser - B.Taylor

Stockley
    Jacko's not going to do it, Dazzler. I really doubt there's even a smidgin' of a chance we will start with 4 across the backline tomorrow.

Having come from playing Tuesday and day off Wednesday and travelling today (Friday) there's no time to even think of working on a different formation. The best chance you'll see is of a change to diamond to desperately chase the game in its closing stages - like we saw at Bolton.

Jacko is firmy wedded to 3-5-2 and no amount of speculation is going to change that.
    But if I'm wrong I'll gladly buy you a pint ...... but you'll probanly to have to wait until our next playoff Final!  :smile:

Dazzler21
    Quite possibly spot on. 
  • Options
    We will win 1-0 or Lose by three  or four 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Only one winner here, Rotherham 2-0.
    Have renewed my season ticket........ I must be stark,staring, raving f**kin mad!
  • Options
    5-1 Rotherham. 2 red cards.
  • Options
    'RoanRedNY said:
    Oggy Red said:
    RoanRedNY said:
    Macronate said:
    3-0.

Pisses down all game.

3 sent off.

8 injured.

Udderly ridiculous  :)
    You’re pulling my leg 😏
  • Options
    No chance. 1-0 to Charlton.
  • Options
    RoanRedNY said:
    first away game of the season for the 6 of us....no idea on the result, we will be up there early enough to have had enough to drink to not really care either
    Did you go on Wednesday?
    What was the result?
  • Options
    So which one of our couldn’t give a fuck squad. Gets the red in this one. Whilst any chance we create (fairly unlikely) will be totally squandered by an inept forward line.  Oh, an just in case Rotherham have an off day,our suicidal keeper / defence will chuck one in for them. 

Rotherham 2/3/4 Charlton 0

• Options
    This thread still hasn’t mustered 50 comments.  Says it all 
  • Options
    RoanRedNY said:
    Did you go on Wednesday?
    What was the result?
    LOL, I was referring to starting to drink early to numb the pain, not an imaginary game on Wednesday!!
  • Options
    Rotherham are 30 points and 43 goals clear of us. 

They'll return to form this afternoon (because they're playing us) and win at a canter.  Don't wanna think about the score.  :/  
  • Options
    Still got spare FREE train tickets for today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This'll pay for a large chunk of the day.
  • Options
    My Leicester supporting mate (yeh I know) jokingly described us as dirty Charlton.
    We can't even get "plucky" right anymore.
    Dark times  ;)
  • Options
    at least we should see a team in red play decent football
  • Options
    Feel more confident today then next week v Morecombe …. At least Rotherham will play against us and there will be gaps to exploit unlike last few games when we faced 10 men behind the ball 
  • Options

The journey begins.
  • Options
    The first game I'm missing in over 3 years as other things on. Normally I would arrange stuff around our game but this time I really cant be arsed. 
    I suspect we are in for a smacking 3 or 4-0 but with this mob you really never know. What I do know is we will be as boring as ever hitting it long and giving possession away all the time
  • Options
    How depressing is that. We are 5/1 to beat Rotherham. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
     3 - 0 to Rotherham

I could drive to this within an hour but I have no interest in watching another turgid performance. 

• Options
    Not sure I’ll be watching this one. Where as there is the slight expectation we will put on a decent performance against teams lower in the league (we never do), not sure I want to watch Rotherham batter us for 90 minutes.

That being said the last time I felt like this and missed a match we beat Sunderland! And the best we played under Jackson was probably Second half against Rotherham at the valley.

Jesus. I think I’m talking myself into it. 
  • Options
    3-0 home win.