Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Rotherham United vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 9th April 2022

edited April 2022 in General Charlton
Back up North yet again, well just as far as Rovrerm.
New York stadium in fact .... so good, they didn't ever bother naming it twice. There's a famous pop song about it, of course. :wink:

Rotherham fancy their chances, no doubt ...... while most of us fear the worst. Naturally. Are we up for a caning today or are we going to nick a surprise result?
What does Jacko have to say? He's upbeat: "We are in a decent place, we need to go with a positive mindset and I think that we can go there and get a victory."

Okay. All the right noises.
Lineup: No injured Lavelle or Inniss as he pays the price for his brain going AWOL last game. Ben Purr could be a doubt as he's suffering from whackontheknee.
WE'll see Fam and old warhorse Pearce, who if he starts will no doubt be skip. Out latest scapegoat Gilbs is available again, and talking of favourites, we could see Gunts added to the bench.

Charlton: MacGillivray; Clare, Pearce (c), Famewo; Matthews, Gilbey, Dobson, Morgan, Blackett-Taylor; Stockley, Washington

Substitutes: Harness, Purrington, John, Forster-Caskey, Jaiyesimi, Leko, Burstow

Charlton TV begins at 2.15pm.
Scotty is back with Curbs - and todays special guest is JFC's step dad, Nicky Forster - once of this parish on loan.

COYR!

Comments

• Options
    COYR!
  • Options
    Be good if he were to play alongside Elliott Lee - Rob and Carl surely played together as well
  • Options
    COYR
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Have a feeling we may get something from this afternoon 3 points... :)
    So we have Nicky Forster in the studio with Curbs and Scott, the high lites shouldn't take up too much time, mind you 8 games and two goals while on loan from Brighton, sort of sounds prolific against our current offering..Let's just hope we turn up with a performance, shame some youngsters not on show..and Burstow??..

Charlton: MacGillivray; Clare, Pearce (c), Famewo; Matthews, Gilbey, Dobson, Morgan, Blackett-Taylor; Stockley, Washington

Substitutes: Harness, Purrington, John, Forster-Caskey, Jaiyesimi, Leko, Burstow 
  • Options
    Be good if he were to play alongside Elliott Lee - Rob and Carl surely played together as well
    Many times.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Brutal... Leaburn travels but doesnt get on the bench, instead some fella called Nile John appears

What a let down

• Options
    State of that team (admittedly I’ve not seen it yet - but thought I’d get in early)
    No idea what he's doing , blah, blah, blah.

Just waiting for Golfie to come on and tell us our strikers are shit, same as he has for every match thread this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Honestly not sure why we should bother with loans on the bench now.

Play the kids who are impressing in the U23s instead, good chance to see where we may not need as much depth.
  • Options
    Gilbey will be booked at some point. My money is on 25 minutes
  • Options

Play the kids who are impressing in the U23s instead, good chance to see where we may not need as much depth.
    I certainly don’t understand why John is on the bench.  Absolutely no point at all.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Not watching today, but HOORAH, Morgan has finally got a game
    He's like when your sorting out the basement or loft and find something that you completely forgot about having.

Fraser and Lee have minor knocks

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/6251808932b91/team-news-pearce-and-famewo-return-for-rotherham-clash
  • Options
    This looks a much better side to me .  I liked the headline that Fraser and Lee were “missing” - they have been for weeks .  
  • Options
    Miles Leaburn on the bench... No 54

So what was the point of this then? 
  • Options

Bad presumption from someone who hadnt seen the teamsheet

Probably saw the shirt and mistakenly put two and two together
  • Options
    Just over 500 Addicks making the trip.

Respect 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bad presumption from someone who hadnt seen the teamsheet

Probably saw the shirt and mistakenly put two and two together
    I assume they must print shirts for all the squad making the trip right? Just in case of last minute injuries or sickness. 

Otherwise it's a bit harsh on the kid to have his stuff up just to not make the squad. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022

Miles Leaburn and Nazir Bakrin were both part of the travelling party today but aren't in the matchday squad #cafc

— Louis Mendez (@LouisMend) April 9, 2022
  • Options
    The loan players will not be helping us next season,give the Charlton youngster a run out instead.
    It will help us in the long run.
    1-1 today by the way
  • Options
    So much for looking forward to next season I count 6 in the squad who won’t be here next season plus circa 3 more who shouldn’t be!
    another major rebuild jeez!!!!
  • Options
    Um, didn't CBT spend the last 20 minutes of the Wimbledon game...visibly injured? And yet he's starting today? We will break him. 
  • Options

Miles Leaburn and Nazir Bakrin were both part of the travelling party today but aren't in the matchday squad #cafc

— Louis Mendez (@LouisMend) April 9, 2022
    Being readied for next weekend after Stockley is sent off and Pearce limps off today
  • Options
    Yay, Albie Morgan watch today.
  • Options
    Morgan and Gilbey? FFS
    Where's Fraser?
    What a pedestrian and mediocre looking line-up.
    Prove me wrong Charlton.
  • Options

I certainly don’t understand why John is on the bench.  Absolutely no point at all.

Is it not stipulated by the parent club as a condition of the loan?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!