Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

“Limbs”

2»

Comments

• Options
    blimey when we scored last minute at Wembley I nearly jumped straight off the top tier in ecstasy !
    Now that was proper ‘limbs’
    Indeed it was! On Sky Sports's Facebook page they asked if there was a better example of 'limbs'?

There's a video from the upper tier during the celebrations and a pair of old women fell over their seats but got caught by the blokes in the row in front. Not on the level of the excitement of scoring at Vicarage Road I guess.  
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Nobody throws pints any more - it’s too fucking expensive 
    @ElfsborgAddick takes a bucket and tries to catch as much of it as he can 
    It’ll probably taste better than the beer is the upper north.
  • Options
    C'mon, we've all ended up a few seats away from our original position after a goal! Whether that was down to over exuberance or drunkenness! In some shit games too. I vaguely remember a 1-1 at Swindon in league one where I ended up a fair distance from where I'd started and just toppled over a few rows! Social media magnifies all this sort of stuff, but let's not stop people celebrating a goal, even if it is "only" against Wimbledon or Watford!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Remember when everyone threw their pints in the air when England scored during a major tournament (was it World Cup 2018?) and it basically went from a genuine outpouring of joy to a manufactured bit for social media? This is that. 
    Christ so by Xmas World Cup, I will be expected to launch a pint in the air and fling myself across some seating (limbs) to celebrate an England goal…..

Cant wait…..
  • Options
    any fat pissed twonk young or old tries crowd surfing over me at a game is going to find gravity is no friend of theirs and that there's loads of jerky pointy feet on the way down too
    pricks all
    at least at a gig you can see surfers coming
    these limbs losers are coming as a very nasty surprise from behind and will get dropped accordingly 

FWIW the terracing for "safe" standing is the same as the terracing with seats on it so this limbs stupidity will be just as brainless wherever
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Nobody throws pints any more - it’s too fucking expensive 
    @ElfsborgAddick takes a bucket and tries to catch as much of it as he can 
    You have seen me in action then!
  • Options
    In all seriousness, that is really dangerous and needs to be stopped. Remember a Charlton girl having her shoulder broken at the Coventry away cup tie when a fan dived over 4 rows of seats to punch a Cov fan in our end.
  • Options
    How dare people celebrate an important goal and fall over. Who says they are doing it on purpose?
  • Options
    If some pissed up inbred does that to me or my family they're going get an accidental elbow through their cheekbone.
  • Options
    tom_k said:
    How dare people celebrate an important goal and fall over. Who says they are doing it on purpose?
    Firstly, nobody has said a goal shouldn't be celebrated. 

Secondly, if you think that all of this is completely natural every time it happens then I'm not sure you've been in many away ends over the past few years. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:
    tom_k said:

Secondly, if you think that all of this is completely natural every time it happens then I'm not sure you've been in many away ends over the past few years. 
    I think you've got too much time on your hands.
  • Options
    tom_k said:
    cafctom said:
    tom_k said:

I think you've got too much time on your hands.
    I wish I did, Tom! That would be a nice luxury to have. 

But I come on here to talk about football and everything around it - and it seems like I'm not alone in the concerns/irritation on the topic in question. 
  • Options
    blimey when we scored last minute at Wembley I nearly jumped straight off the top tier in ecstasy !
    My sister was right behind the goal, she actually pissed herself. 

I went mental in a Chinese bar, only two of us were watching the game, me and a villa fan. Got some odd looks. 
  • Options
    The problem is and always has been social media. 

Twitter especially. 

Become fashionable now for random kids to go into pointless football league games with flares and smoke grenades thinking they're in turkey, all for the 30 second clip to go viral on several 'proper football fans' Twitter pages. 
    No different to how many beers they can put on a train table to a northern away game at 9am on a Saturday morning and they chuck a photo on line.

How many of those beers are drunk before they arrive to their destination is anyone’s guess but I wouldn’t remember much of the game if I had a few before midday. 

Maybe that’s the plan especially when it comes to watching Charlton this season 
  • Options
    We had it in front of us at Wembley.
    Some poor old girl was taken out when the crowd just fell down the stairs on top of her.
    She was ok but it took the edge of the importance of that goal for some as they were trying to get her up & make sure she was ok.
    It could have ended very differently.

• Options
    I can understand this when you score a late winner at Wembley but not when you equalise at home to Morecambe.