Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Jeez louise... some of these players are going to be like bunnies caught in the headlights when they run out to packed valley!

7 in 47?

Im really goign to be clueless who anyone is... tho thats normal.
  • Options
    No sure on this one

Have we not enough skrikers?
  • Options
    dunno isnt he a midfielder?
  • Options
    if he midfielder then fine.. clueless.
  • Options
    he is a midfielder so goals to games ratio isn't too bad and probably better than Lisbies. Actually he's scored more goals in three seasons than Lisbie did in ten and in about sixty odd less games.
  • Options
    At least we have signed SOMEBODY to play centre midfield and, look at it this way, he CANNOT be worse than Faye, Pouso or Hughes!!!!
  • Options
    that was against non-league opposition, not premiership like Lisbie.
  • Options
    yeah anyone else thinking this smacks of desperation?
  • Options
    Not really, if Pards thinks he's good enough, he's good enough. Reo Coker was a £300k signing from a very poor MK Dons, so he knows a good player when he sees one cheaply
  • Options
    Exactly Rothko,

Good point.

Dean Sinclair was one of Barnet's best players last year according to my uncle who goes to watch them abit. He wasn't released by them either. He rejected a new deal cos he obviously knew he could play at a higher level and clubs like us was waiting until he rejected it.

I trust pards and wouldn't be suprised if this kid turns out to be pretty good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    just going on what some peeps have said on here, we don't know what Pards has in mind of course.
  • Options
    He was linked with plenty of decent Championship clubs last season (go to his player page at skyports.com), and at meagre £125k is well worth the punt.

Some of our best buys have been of the low fee variety. Kins and Robbo immediately spring to mind..
  • Options
    Yeah, £125k would seem worth a stab. Pards has had a good prolonged look at him now. Thought he did ok at Welling without really running the centre mid, but then that was his first run-out. Seemed to have a good engine and the right commitment; don't know enough about the talent.
  • Options
    I think we as supporters have to realise we are not gonna be chasing Premier League players anymore, time to lower our expectations me thinks.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I think we as supporters have to realise we are not gonna be chasing Premier League players anymore, time to lower our expectations me thinks.
    you watch, we'll storm the league next year. get promoted, stay for a few seasons then get relegated.

people will start saying:

"where are all of our quality players? last time we went up we had people like sinclair, todorov and mccarthy, where are these players now?"

to be honest, i'm more worried that we don't have any orginal songs for any of these players. Step forward Bourne and Sco...
  • Options
    Have to disagree, we should be chasing potential and undiscovered 'prem' players
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Have to disagree, we should be chasing potential and undiscovered 'prem' players
    why arent the players we have signed these type of players?
  • Options
    How do you know these undiscovered 'prem' players are any better than the ones who happen t play for a lesser known club? They earn more granted, and may be more used to the finer things in football but that don't make them any better than others.

To name a few

Kinsella, Shorey, Doyle, Reo-Cocker, John Robinson, Tim Cahill, Ian Wright. Maybe even Chris Dixon

Most of the players released by bigger and more established prem clubs are so because they are not good enough or don't have the right attitude. Stephen Wright, Francis Jeffers, Jody Morris
  • Options
    So much bullshit being spoken about the signings this summer.

We've either signed good experienced better then average Championships players in Big Chris and McCarthy, a player who had a few Premiership clubs sniffing in Varney, two excellent kids in Moo2 and Semedo, and a quality keeper, with Sinclair and Dickson as the unknown qualities who could make a massive difference.

As Carter said, Nicky Shorey cost Reading £25,000 and is now a England international, and was a Pardew signing, when Reading thought they were better. Likewise, Kevin Doyle, £70,000 last season from the same level that Dickson came from.

We're more then OK, especially if we get one more midfielder
  • Options
    Agreed. I think we've every chance of a successful season, provided that key midfielder comes in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    fair enough, my view is that as it stands, we're not strong enough in certain positions and have taken advantage of a couple of cheap options to fill numbers.

If everyone stays fit, it won't be a problem, if we do get a few injuries, then we may be seriously struggling in certain positions.
  • Options
    Where are we really weak apart from Midfield? and I think we're one short there, and the loan market isn't really moving yet, when it does, we'll be fine.

in Goal, Defence and upfront we've got cover
  • Options
    oh i think we'll have a couple of decent of loas in, i'm just saying as it stands at the moment.

I'm not doubting the amount of bodies we have as cover, i'm just a bit concerned about the quality of those bodies. Am in an unusual negative move, which will probably change after the Braga game !
  • Options
    unless we get thumped!
  • Options
    We've got quality in terms of this division, it's not that good.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]We've got quality in terms of this division, it's not that good.
    But a lot of teams are spending money this year in an attempt to get to the promised land & reap all the financial benefits that Premiership football brings. Hull, Leicester, Watford, Sheff Utd, Cardiff, Sheff Weds, Ipswich, Norwich & Preston will all be having a really good go this season. We still need to strengthen, particularly in midfield.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2007
    Who are these players that are so much better than ours?

I've got a feeling some on here would have exactly the same attitude if we had bought the same players that any of the teams you have mentioned had bought.

Let's wait for the season to start and then judge. Hopefully many people on here will not get the chance to say "i told you so"
  • Options
    Exactly West Side, I can't say I'm arsed about who Hull, Cardiff and Norwich have signed, no one I've seen go there, and gone 'We should have got him'

Wolves are the only team I'm worried about, as they've done the building last season, and should gel this, but we've got a better keeper, better defenders, sameish midfield, and I think the top scorer in the league next season in Luke Varney. We're ok
  • Options
    I echo you thoughts on Wolves, not on Varney. Hope your right and give me pelters come May !
  • Options
    Why do you have a downer on Varney?