Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

24 Years ago today

We won 1-0 up at Port Vale
Went up on train - great day
Thousands went on free coaches
Happy days

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Was such a blatant dive from Danny Mills for the pen as well 
  • Options
    Reember it well, it was backs to the walls and they hit the underside of the bar. 

Got a free coach up and started snowing as we arrived, proper smash and grab! 
  • Options
    Vale should have won that game by a country mile, they missed so many chances. Great day out though 
  • Options
    Cracking day, lucky to win though. I think Morts got injured in this game, which kept him out for the rest of the season. He'd been on fire prior to that.
  • Options
    great day great day remember it well 
  • Options
    A momentous day and like many the third time I have seen us promoted there. I remember them battering us for the first hour, with Jordan Cook impressing for them. Even though Wednesday were on an unbelievable run, I just had this feeling we would get promoted that day as it was at Carlisle. We only had 3-4 minutes of pressure, but that culminated in the goal.

Just knew Wednesday would not get the winner at Colchester. Then read the next day that they had a last minute winner incorrectly ruled offside. It was truly meant to be.
  • Options
    I believe I was playing golf in Eastbourne that day. No idea why I didnt go, but more into my golf back then. 
  • Options
    Was that only "operation" match we actually won?
  • Options
    edited April 2022

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a performance from Gareth Ainsworth, ran us ragged.
  • Options
    A momentous day and like many the third time I have seen us promoted there. I remember them battering us for the first hour, with Jordan Cook impressing for them. Even though Wednesday were on an unbelievable run, I just had this feeling we would get promoted that day as it was at Carlisle. We only had 3-4 minutes of pressure, but that culminated in the goal.

Just knew Wednesday would not get the winner at Colchester. Then read the next day that they had a last minute winner incorrectly ruled offside. It was truly meant to be.
    Er that was Carlisle 
  • Options
    The first ‘operation’ and the only one I can remember us winning