Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Going to my first game in four years & eight months…

Finally back in the area for a brief period after moving abroad… would’ve been back sooner if it wasn’t for the pandemic. It might be a meaningless end of season game against Morecambe for most but it’s going to be like Christmas Day for me.

My last game was against Northampton Town at home in August 2017. We won 4-1 with goals from Magennis, Ricky Holmes and Forster-Caskey (x2).

The starting line-up that day was Amos, Solly, Bauer, Pearce, DaSilva, Kashi, Forster-Caskey, Clarke, Fosu, Holmes, Magennis. Subs bench included Phillips, Jackson, Konsa, Aribo, Ahearne-Grant (as he was), Sarr and Hackett-Fairchild.

In the interim I have missed A LOT. That includes a promotion, the ESI reign and a relegation. Never managed to get to a game under Bowyer in person. Never saw Cullen, Lyle, Gallagher in person…

A lot has happened to our club since 2017 and finally being back will be strange but very welcome. Let’s hope for a good performance and three points from the boys.

Comments

• Options
    Enjoy the game
  • Options
    Welcome back to England
  • Options
    Blimey…..welcome back fella.🤝
  • Options
    Wishing you more luck than the last CL member we had visit from the States.
  • Options
    @Callumcafc
    Do you still wear those  fancy winklepickers, or have you gone all American with Cowboy Boots?
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Thanks all.

@RedPanda is there a story here that I’m out of the loop on? :-)

@seth plum they are in my bag! The winklepickers that is, not had the courage to grab a pair of cowboy boots… Probably more likely a pair of white Adidas this time around I’m afraid.
  • Options
    Finally back in the area for a brief period after moving abroad… would’ve been back sooner if it wasn’t for the pandemic. It might be a meaningless end of season game against Morecambe for most but it’s going to be like Christmas Day for me.

My last game was against Northampton Town at home in August 2017. We won 4-1 with goals from Magennis, Ricky Holmes and Forster-Caskey (x2).

The starting line-up that day was Amos, Solly, Bauer, Pearce, DaSilva, Kashi, Forster-Caskey, Clarke, Fosu, Holmes, Magennis. Subs bench included Phillips, Jackson, Konsa, Aribo, Ahearne-Grant (as he was), Sarr and Hackett-Fairchild.

In the interim I have missed A LOT. That includes a promotion, the ESI reign and a relegation. Never managed to get to a game under Bowyer in person. Never saw Cullen, Lyle, Gallagher in person…

A lot has happened to our club since 2017 and finally being back will be strange but very welcome. Let’s hope for a good performance and three points from the boys.
    That bench!! 

Enjoy the game…
  • Options
    Thanks all.

@RedPanda is there a story here that I’m out of the loop on? :-)

@seth they are in my bag! The winklepickers that is, not had the courage to grab a pair of cowboy boots… Probably more likely a pair of white Adidas this time around I’m afraid.
    Just before Covid Rossman92 came over for his first games and saw us chuck away a 2 goal lead vs Cardiff, then a dire midweek display at Luton.

By the way, there was like 70% off most stuff in the club shop for the last game, will presumably be the same on Friday. 
  • Options
    Welcome back but don't expect too much
  • Options
    Glory hunter!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    HandG said:

That bench!! 

Enjoy the game…
    I nearly didn’t look at the bench… glad I did. Some players on there!
  • Options
    Welcome back Callum 
  • Options
    Enjoy every minute.
    I love coming back & seeing everyone.
    The football tends to be immaterial 🤣🤣😘😘
  • Options
    Get to feel the tribe. Enjoy!
  • Options
    Have a great time @ Cullumcafc. Just be glad Sky didn't move the match.

It's only been since September for me - since the heavy defeat at home to Bolton.
    I'll be back over on Friday evening just after the Morecambe game has finished, staying in Cambridge for a few days and leaving on Monday, and then flying back on the Friday just a day before the Shrewsbury match.
    I will be narrowly missing three matches.
    But nevermind, I can go and see Cambridge v Wigan - oooops 😐
  • Options
    Speechless!
  • Options
    Speechless!

Yep, it's a real feast of football ain't it ........
  • Options
    Speechless!
    Dont try and get the sympathy vote ;) - You've seen us enough on CharltonTV to know the risks, its not like the days before iFollow
  • Options

Oh dear it wasn’t worth it was it?
  • Options
    It wouldn’t be Charlton if we won. Just happy to be able to get back after so long away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It wouldn’t be Charlton if we won. Just happy to be able to get back after so long away.
    The way you comment on here I thought you went home and away but there stands the modern world that no game these days is not available to watch 
  • Options
    See you in five years time mate.
  • Options
    We will be in Premier League by then.
  • Options
    We will be in Premier League by then.

Relegated a few times you're thinking? :)