Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

YOUNG PLAYER OF THE YEAR 2021/22

Valley Gold members can now vote for their Charlton Athletic Young Player of the Year 2021/22.

Members can choose from the following four players who have been selected by Academy Manager Steve Avory:

1. Mason Burstow

2. Tyreece Campbell

3. Deji Elerewe

4. Daniel Kanu

https://www.valleygold.org.uk/2022/04/13/vote-for-your-charlton-athletic-young-player-of-the-year-2021-22/

Comments

• Options
    Head says Burstow
    Heart says Kanu
  • Options
    Can’t vote but it should be Burstow. Must have played 20+ time for the first team which for any 18 year old is incredibly impressive. However, I very much doubt he will win because of his transfer to Chelsea.
  • Options
    Not in Valley Gold but I think Mason Burstow has dipped because of his move, Deji has been impacted by injury at the latter end of a season that started very well, Tyreece Campbell might be a less familiar name to some, but he is a fast wide player, with excellent tricks technique and close control, a player who unlocks defences and has numerous assists. These qualities have been sustained throughout the whole season.
    Daniel Kanu is a goalscorer who actually scores. In another season we would be waxing more lyrically over the potential of the good and promising Miles Leaburn, but the presence of Kanu overshadows him considerably.
    If you’re  a maths fan, Kanu’s numbers speak for themselves, but if you prefer Art Galleries to algebra then Campbell is high in your consideration.
  • Options
    Kanu will get my vote.
  • Options
    Voted for Deje as he played first team in a difficult period for the team.

Couldn't vote for a loan player and Kanu, while a fantastic record and a worthy candidate, did it at a lower level.

When Miles scores the winner v Morecombe some will demand a recount.
  • Options
    Can it be Burstow? He’s not our player. 

• Options

i think the fact he played games as a Charlton play (rather than a loaner) means he's eligible
  • Options

Scott Carson and Jay Dasilva both won our main POTY whilst not being our player so i don't see why not.

Whether you want to vote for a player who 'left' mid-season though and hasn't played well since is another matter.
  • Options
    I would say there remains a number of other players who might have been considered this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    I would say there remains a number of other players who might have been considered this season.
    This. For starters, what about those out on loan at the moment and seemingly getting good feedback.

The club seems have an abundance of good young players atm.

my choice would be Burstow. We’ve already sold him so there’s no danger of somebody coming in to buy our ‘best young player of the season’ if he wins it
  • Options

Couldn't vote for a loan player and Kanu, while a fantastic record and a worthy candidate, did it at a lower level.

My thinking too 
  • Options

Morecambe.
  • Options

Morecambe.
    Them as well