Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Shrewsbury Town | Saturday 23rd April 2022 @ 3pm | Match Preview

2»

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    I hate it when the season comes to an end.
    Poxy tennis n stuff.
    Any news of the pre season friendlies?
    Malden & Tiptree followed by Colchester United at home probably.
  • Options
    With no tension in this game we could perhaps be in for a football fest. 

End of season party tricks performed by DJ and CBT.  Gilbey to waltz through the Salop defence.  The Stockley and Washington double act in full swing.  MacGillivray to command his area, Inniss (he's behind you) to settle for yellow over red.    With Aneke making his cameo appearance - this match will have the lot - as in the taming of the Shrews.

... or maybe not  :|
  • Options
    I have never wanted a season to end as much as this one.
    2-1 to Charlton.
  • Options
    Yann back at the Valley, 10 years later, on St George’s day, got to be a 3-0 home win, St Dobbo hat trick!
  • Options
    3-0 to the mighty reds.
  • Options
    Charlton to go ahead in the first half before throwing it away in the second 

2-2
  • Options
    Go 1-0 up, Shrews do a golfie but we equalise in the 92nd minute before they get a 96th minute winner.
  • Options
    We normally score a few on the last home game when we have nothing to play for. 

I think we'll win today, hopefully next season will be a better one 
  • Options
    A nothing game. Maybe we'll get 2 more fluky goals to win today, as we did at Cambridge  :D
  • Options
    I bet Yann is still better than anything we've got
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
     In a double bill special dream last night we won 22 - 6 and then I snogged some bird at work from 30 years ago.

In today's waking life, it hadn't rained for a week, and just as I want to cut the grass it pisses it down.

So we'll probably lose.
  • Options
    Go 1-0 up, Shrews do a golfie by moaning like f*** about a lack of striking options and secretly hoping the oppo score again, just to prove a point.

• Options
    edited April 2022
    I've come dahn the smoke for the last valley fixture of the season in what tbh has become more of a reason to tour my favourite pubs and get quietly hammered and breakfast in greasy spoons in the anonymity of the big city than because I give a fuck about Charlton, such is the combined consequence of the last 10 or so years. Anyway looking forward to a few pints in the Gipsy Moth.

5-0.

I've got tickets for Wimbledon so that's my next hangover sorted.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Poxy tennis n stuff.
    It’s an early start next season because of the World Cup. End of July. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    seth plum said:
    Poxy tennis n stuff.
    It’s an early start next season because of the World Cup. End of July. 
    July?!

Bloody hell, not much respite for us poor long-suffering fans then.

Presumably today counts as the first of our pre-season friendlies with Ipswich as the second.
  • Options
    Villa away from 1999 currently on the big screen.

Brownie's about to have his tyres pumped again when his save gets shown, right about ...

... now.
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing Yann again more than the game. Nevertheless 3-1 to CAFC Stockley hits No 20, Washington and Chuks leave hope for next season in our hearts and minds

• Options
    Addicks players and staff will take part in a lap of appreciation immediately after full-time this afternoon to thank fans for their incredible support throughout what has been a tough season
    Thank you for sticking with us in 2021/22 

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Warmed up and ready to sign off at The Valley 

imageimageimage
  • Options
    2-2, from 2 nil down
  • Options
    Burstows gone then. Jaiyesimi in for CBT? Has he been sold?
  • Options
    Loads coming in with pints of lager.