Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pubs in Clerkenwell.

Can anyone recommend a pub, preferably an Irish pub, between Clerkenwell and London Bridge. That’s open on Sundays.
I’m leading a club ride for my cycle club that finishes at the House of Detention and can’t find anything suitable.
Many thanks.

Comments

• Options
    There's a Brewdog on Clerkenwell Road which is OK if you like Brewdog beers. The Slaughtered Lamb (on Great Sutton St) is OK too. I used to drink in The Crown (on Clerkenwell Green) regularly, but not for a few years now, so not sure if that would suit? It's got a big outside area, so might be perfect for the bikes?
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    There's a Brewdog on Clerkenwell Road which is OK if you like Brewdog beers. The Slaughtered Lamb (on Great Sutton St) is OK too. I used to drink in The Crown (on Clerkenwell Green) regularly, but not for a few years now, so not sure if that would suit? It's got a big outside area, so might be perfect for the bikes?
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    The Three Kings in Clerkenwell is a great little pub. Fairly small but if the weather's good there's plenty of space out the front - it's on a quiet backstreet. May not be what you're after but worth a look.

Edit: it's just round the corner from the crown as mentioned by Pedro above 👍
  • Options
    The cockpit near St. Paul’s / blackfriars, don’t think Irish but old school pub.
  • Options
    Another one for the Crown
  • Options
    Thanks all, we’ve decided to go to the Crown.

Cheers 🍺 
  • Options
    Should be loads of space to stick your bikes
  • Options
    The Crown was just right for us (apart from the prices!), thanks for the tip.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    The Sutton Arms is without doubt the best pub in the area. Opens Sunday, excellent selection of cask and keg beers. 

There are two Sutton Arms in Clerkenwell, the one i'm referring to is on Great Sutton street.  Opposite the Slaughtered Lamb, which is decent too, athough i'm fairly sure that is closed on Sundays.

EDIT- Just noticed, i'm a week late for this.