Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Shrewsbury Town | Saturday 23rd April 2022

Comments

• Options
    Attempt missed. Sean Clare (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from outside the box.
  • Options
    Performances dont matter, just the result etc etc 
  • Options
    1. 40'

Post update

Attempt missed. Sean Clare (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from outside the box is close, but misses to the right. Assisted by Jayden Stockley with a headed pass.

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Being outplayed by Another team that is below us in the table.

I really hope TS is watching this carefully and realises how hopeless this lot mostly are 
    So much of it is the tactics too though. Shrewsbury to a man are not better than us, but they're are moving around us with ease. The players are shit but what exactly is the gameplan here?
    Can't believe how much heat Jackson escapes by everyone blaming it on the players being shit, yet we get outplayed by every team near enough.
  • Options
    1. 42'

Post update

Offside, Shrewsbury Town. Daniel Udoh tries a through ball, but Ryan Bowman is caught offside.

• Options
    Are we allowed to bring beer into the stadium now?
  • Options
    1. 45'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Tom Flanagan.

• Options
    HT 0-0
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    JJ keeps telling us we've got quality in the dressing room and yet we get passed off the pitch by the likes of Shrewsbury
    It's just percentage football which will always end up midtable as we've got some decent players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I remember a dreadful wedding reception in the 1980s with no booze but that aside this was one of the longest 45 minutes of my life. 
  • Options
    Oxford and MK Dons have both been able to produce teams that are comfortable in possession and punish most teams for a fraction of the money we've wasted on this shower of shite who are scared of the ball, incapable of stringing 3 passes together (unless square or backwards) - is it the coaching or the tactics or the poor recruitment?
  • Options
    First 15 was alright.. not been up to much since then. 

Always think the same thing every game. 
  • Options
    That is easily one of the most disorganised halves so far this season. Constant blind shanks up field. 
  • Options
    no point in putting Kanu on as the ball won't get near him
  • Options
    My missus grabbed the PC after 35 minutes, and my phone keeps crashing the CAFC TV app so I can't watch the second half.

Yeeeesssss
  • Options
    Another cracking first half Jacko, give us your thoughts...

Thanks for that Jacko, all the best for the second half..
  • Options
    HT 0-0

First half summary: 45 minutes of my life I won't get back.
  • Options
    Can't even do the basic stuff. So many misplaced passes it's unbelievable. Don't start me on Gilbey or Morgan. Dobson on his own in midfield. We are so devoid of any creative play. This season really can't end soon enough. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oxford and MK Dons have both been able to produce teams that are comfortable in possession and punish most teams for a fraction of the money we've wasted on this shower of shite who are scared of the ball, incapable of stringing 3 passes together (unless square or backwards) - is it the coaching or the tactics or the poor recruitment?
    All three.
  • Options
    Can't even do the basic stuff. So many misplaced passes it's unbelievable. Don't start me on Gilbey or Morgan. Dobson on his own in midfield. We are so devoid of any creative play. This season really can't end soon enough. 
    Apart from that you're enjoying it...🙂
  • Options
    Insipid.

Nothing up front. Midfield overrun. Defence stretched. 

No ideas without CBT running at them.

Hope to see Chuks and Kanu soon.
  • Options
    Charlton attacking tactic number one - give the ball to CBT, and hope he creates something

Charlton attacking tactic number two - er....
  • Options
    Quite like their centre half, number 33, Flanagan.
  • Options
    Not a lot to say really, we´re just not that good at anything.

• Options
    Did she just pronounce his name wrong?
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Quite like their centre half, number 33, Flanagan.
    30y/o. Signed from Sunderland in January.

Played for the Black Cats in the playoff final three years ago.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!