Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cardiff City 'want Nantes to pay £80MILLION in compensation

Cardiff City 'want Nantes to pay £80MILLION in compensation after claiming Emiliano Sala's death in plane crash led to their relegation from the Premier League'

If this is true, hard to prove (if not in poor taste - didn't his sister commit suicide?) that relegation was due to a new player not playing for you?

That said, I think we might have avoided relegation if LT had honoured his contract, but he was an existing player, so easier to assess the contribution he had and therefore would have made

Comments

• Options
    I doubt they have much hope of getting that. They're going to try and practically bankrupt a mid-table French side based on what evidence? I'm sure any solicitor will argue a case has to be based on facts, not what could've happened.

Ok they may have stayed up if he arrived (they went down by 2 points), but equally he may have been shit or got injured in his first game.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Not sure if I even have the facts right on this, but the last time I read anything about this (a lng while back) I thought it was the Cardiff chairman who was desperate for the player to get on a dodgy airplane and fly to Cardiff at all costs to sign, If that was the case (and I'm hazy on the details) that case looks incredibly unlikely.

***Just backchecked a little, and can't see anything regarding Cardiff pressuring for the player to get to Cardiff as soon as possible so maybe not the case. Whatever, I don't see much value in this case.
  • Options
    That won't stand up in court, at all. 
  • Options

Cardiff City 'want Nantes to pay £80MILLION in compensation after claiming Emiliano Sala's death in plane crash led to their relegation from the Premier League'

If this is true, hard to prove (if not in poor taste - didn't his sister commit suicide?) that relegation was due to a new player not playing for you?

That said, I think we might have avoided relegation if LT had honoured his contract, but he was an existing player, so easier to assess the contribution he had and therefore would have made
    That would be hilarious, sue him for breach of contract and associated losses due to relegation.

Although I agree, wouldn't stand up and isn't a good look, even more so in Cardiff's case.
  • Options
    Why has it taken Cardiff so long to request this compensation claim?
  • Options
    Why has it taken Cardiff so long to request this compensation claim?
    Parachute payments ending or ended?
  • Options
    Anyway, this is ludicrous from Cardiff obviously 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Disgraceful. There is only one person in this saga who should be sued, and that’s Willie McKay
  • Options
    The way I see it is that if you consider a player “yours” then you protect that investment by taking out insurance for accidents and death. That would in my opinion include insuring against the player not being able to sign after an agreement is reached. I think they have no case against Nantes whatsoever. I would go as far as to say the claim is actually distasteful.
    He wasn’t there’s, which is why the refused to pay the transfer fee. 
  • Options
    Very surprising - not as if Vincent Tan likes to court controversy!
  • Options

That would be hilarious, sue him for breach of contract and associated losses due to relegation.

Although I agree, wouldn't stand up and isn't a good look, even more so in Cardiff's case.
    being serious for a moment that's exactly what I would have done...........or at least  threatened Taylor that's what I would do. Can you imagine an electrician or chippy leaving one employer to join another & saying to their old boss "sorry, I'm not coming in to see out my contract because I'm afraid I might injure my hand during my month's notice period, and then I'll not be able to work for the next couple of months, so I'll just sit at home instead". 
  • Options
    It's disgusting this whole thing is even still going on. 
  • Options
    Maybe we should sue Lyle Taylor.
  • Options

Cardiff City has been ordered to pay Nantes the transfer balance for Emiliano Sala, who died in a plane crash before he could play for the Welsh side.

The BBC has been told that Fifa has told the Championship club to pay more than €11m (£9.45m).

That covers the last two instalments of the €17m agreed between the clubs.

Meanwhile, French prosecutors have confirmed several employees of FC Nantes have been arrested.

That is as part of an investigation into money laundering and tax fraud.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-66071830

• Options
    Cardiff need to pay up and stop flailing around and behaving like total idiots.
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    Cardiff need to pay up and stop flailing around and behaving like total idiots.
    Too late
  • Options
    class bunch of Welsh pricks!