Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Parker and Bournemouth

If Bournemouth do not get promoted, a dull terrible season will end on a happy note. A Gillingham relegation too is worthy of the finest Champagne Asda can sell!

Comments

• Options
    Weird.
  • Options
    Bournemouth v Forest the game in hand for both. Massive match. 
  • Options
    Think Forest will do it, momentum is a big thing.  Cooper has done such a good job there.

Not fussed about it being Parker, and I like Bournemouth, but Forest being in the top flight again is more interesting than Bournemouth ieng there again.  
    I hope not

Lyle Taylor will claim to be a Premier League player.

Imagine his over inflated ego with that
  • Options
    Think Forest will do it, momentum is a big thing.  Cooper has done such a good job there.

Not fussed about it being Parker, and I like Bournemouth, but Forest being in the top flight again is more interesting than Bournemouth ieng there again.  
    I hope not

He might claim it but he’ll never be it.
  • Options
    He'd look ridiculous claiming to be a Premier League player if and when he never plays a minute of Premier League football, after a promotion that was largely achieved once Forest shipped him to Birmingham.

Not saying he won't claim it, but he'll look daft doing so.
  • Options
    I think Nottingham forest have been in the championship/2nd Division since 1999!

At least try and live a little and perhaps get relegated once or twice. Get a bit of yo-yo in ya.

I like forest for their history and the Brian Clough european success.

Don't worry about Taylor bragging if they go up.

Soon as he left....they started picking up results and they obviously don't miss him much. He won't be getting anything out of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Getting Forest promoted automatically would be a massive achievement, for a club not on parachute payments.

The parachute payment obligation is an unnecessary benefit that minimises on field motivation and the general competitive nature.

I know relegated teams go from hero to zero in the finance department - in terms of revenue covering continued large outgoing costs.

Surely there is another way to resolve that short term mess?

Maybe there isn't another way 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    I think Nottingham forest have been in the championship/2nd Division since 1999!

At least try and live a little and perhaps get relegated once or twice. Get a bit of yo-yo in ya.

Soon as he left....they started picking up results and they obviously don't miss him much. He won't be getting anything out of it.
    I've weirdly always liked Forest too, one of the best teams in the country when i was a kid. I know football evolves and no club has a right to be there, but i feel they're one of those clubs that should be in the top flight instead of sides like Brentford and Burnley, and certainly instead of Bournemouth so i hope Forest do make it.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I’m sure they went down to league 1 (or the 3rd division if you like) for a while since 1999 didn’t they?
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I’m sure they went down to league 1 (or the 3rd division if you like) for a while since 1999 didn’t they?

Looked up on wiki

2005-8 spent 3 seasons in the 3rd tier
    7th
    4th (Grant Holt top scored with 18 goals having spent nearly half the season on the bench , he won Forests POTY , I can’t remember him there ) 
    2nd
  • Options

I hope not

He might claim it but he’ll never be it.
    He may have something in his contract about whilst he's at the club and they get to the PL. 

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Dave2l said:

You never know with players contracts, maybe he has a clause doubling his wages if Forest get promoted even though his contribution has been negligible.

Sorry just read guinnessaddick's post above which is on the same theme.
  • Options
    If Bournemouth do not get promoted, a dull terrible season will end on a happy note. A Gillingham relegation too is worthy of the finest Champagne Asda can sell!
    Asda champagne you say, I’m in.
  • Options
    Can't say I've seen much of Forest but I heard Cooper's tactics are mind numbing to watch, is that true? Either way though he's done an impressive job so far with them.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Can't say I've seen much of Forest but I heard Cooper's tactics are mind numbing to watch, is that true? Either way though he's done an impressive job so far with them.
    First thing he did was switch to 3 at the back and use wingbacks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2022
    colthe3rd said:
    Can't be true, since he took over they've scored the second highest amount of goals and conceded the least in the division. Scored 4 v West brom, Blackpool, Reading and Swansea.

Beat Arsenal 1-0 and smashed Leicester 4-1 in the FA cup and gave Liverpool a good game. Whatever his tactics are, i'd say they're pretty good.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Dave2l said:

Unless his contract has a promotion bonus/wage increase, in which case, I'm sure football hating Lyle will be happy to sit in the stands for a year earning big money for doing very little.
  • Options

I hope not

Is he still in contract, could get a big pay rise!
  • Options
    i had a mate with a player at Leeds, they got promoted and his salary doubled to 40k a week. The player had been injured for about 15 months..
  • Options
    If Lyle has a decent agent, maybe the same or similar...
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    i had a mate with a player at Leeds, they got promoted and his salary doubled to 40k a week. The player had been injured for about 15 months..
    If this was in the Peter Ridsdale era i'm not surprised
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Looked up on wiki

2005-8 spent 3 seasons in the 3rd tier
    7th
    4th (Grant Holt top scored with 18 goals having spent nearly half the season on the bench , he won Forests POTY , I can’t remember him there ) 
    2nd
    Beat us 2-0 in the FA cup when they were in L1 and we were in the Prem, one of Pardews 1st games in charge
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Redhenry said:
    They were never promoted during that period, they were already in the Premier League.

Only promotions in the last 30 odd years for Leeds were the League 1 Beckford season when we finished 4th under Parkinson (and I'm guessing it wasn't then judging by the amounts involved) and 2020, so must be 2020.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    They were never promoted during that period, they were already in the Premier League.

Only promotions in the last 20 years for Leeds were the League 1 Beckford season when we finished 4tg under Parkinson (and I'm guessing it wasn't then judging by the amounts involved) and 2020, so must be 2020.
    A good point. And also good to see Leeds have learned their lesson from the past.......