Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Absolutely embarrassing

Today was an embarrassment..great following in full voice and turn up and our that performance in. Words fail me. I still maintain that the whole lot needs ripped our starting with the management . Last game of the season nothing to lose and they play like that 

Comments

• Love the bloke, but there must be some serious concerns about Jackson taking us forward now.
  • Love me or Jackson ?? If fans can accept that today then good luck to you 
  • Love me or Jackson ?? If fans can accept that today then good luck to you 
    You can love Jackson and not think he's the best man for the job though can't you? 
  • I remember when everyone was pissing themselves when Jacko took over & demanding he got the job full time when he won his first half a dozen games. There is even a thread about it.

Shame people weren't measured enough to see the season out, but put pressure on TS to give him the job when the owner himself wanted to give it more time. 

Be careful for what you wish for. 
    Not giving someone the job when they performed so well on a temporary basis is a massive insult. That doesn't change just because we didn't keep that form up. If there is genuinely a clause in the contract about league position, I can't imagine it's anything other than top half so Sandgaard might have the opportunity to let him go. 
  • Off_it said:
    If only there was a post match thread for these things ....
    Or two separate Jackson threads
  • I remember when everyone was pissing themselves when Jacko took over & demanding he got the job full time when he won his first half a dozen games. There is even a thread about it.

Shame people weren't measured enough to see the season out, but put pressure on TS to give him the job when the owner himself wanted to give it more time. 

A manager with a 49% win ratio (according to wiki)
  • Off_it said:
    Think the way this lot played today deserves it own thread rather than lost in post match. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Love the bloke, but there must be some serious concerns about Jackson taking us forward now.
    You think?
  • Off_it said:
    Think the way this lot played today deserves it own thread rather than lost in post match. 
    What would the post-match thread cover then?
  • Chizz said:
    Off_it said:
    Not telling you how pony they were today, I am sure you would agree right?
  • Scoham said:
    I remember when everyone was pissing themselves when Jacko took over & demanding he got the job full time when he won his first half a dozen games. There is even a thread about it.

Mid table squad finishes mid table. Jackson's made mistakes but he's not a terrible manager who's underachieved with a brilliant squad. We probably only have two first team players who will attract Championship interest this summer which says a lot.
    Who are they?
  • Scoham said:
    I remember when everyone was pissing themselves when Jacko took over & demanding he got the job full time when he won his first half a dozen games. There is even a thread about it.

Mid table squad finishes mid table. Jackson's made mistakes but he's not a terrible manager who's underachieved with a brilliant squad. We probably only have two first team players who will attract Championship interest this summer which says a lot.
    Who are they?
    Dobson and CBT.
  • Chizz said:
    Off_it said:
    Not telling you how pony they were today, I am sure you would agree right?
    So the thread specifically discussing the performance today... Would NOT discuss the performance today?

okey doke 
  • Chizz said:
    Off_it said:
    Perhaps the title of this thread lends itself better as a discussion about the whole pissing season, or even, dare I say it, TS's ownership generally.

Not giving someone the job when they performed so well on a temporary basis is a massive insult. That doesn't change just because we didn't keep that form up. If there is genuinely a clause in the contract about league position, I can't imagine it's anything other than top half so Sandgaard might have the opportunity to let him go. 
    I read somewhere after the recent Sandgaard Q&A that the clause in JJ's contract re League position doesn't start until next season & JJ got a "free hit" this season with the only previso being that we stay up. 
  • edited May 2022

I read somewhere after the recent Sandgaard Q&A that the clause in JJ's contract re League position doesn't start until next season & JJ got a "free hit" this season with the only previso being that we stay up. 

JJ achieved the remit of stopping the rot and getting the club to 13th from 22nd.
    A modest achievement in some ways but a major one as we were in free fall to League 2. The guys who thought we would go from relegation form to top 6 must be on some great drugs. JJ now needs pace in the wing back positions to make it work. Definitely not two converted wingers on both sides !

Need younger fitter players and some luck with injuries as Lavelle and Deji should be our future at the back with possibly Clare who I'm certain could be a quality RWB if we can replace him as a RCB. Pleased that another Charlton player agrees with me about Sean. Clare is a poor mans Paul Madley for the old farts on CL but a very important player for a League 1 going forward as well as Dobson and Corey Blackett-Taylor.