Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JOHNNIE JACKSON - new 2 year contract at AFC Wimbledon (p44)

Comments

• Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Absolutely shocked, whether people wanted it or not is one thing, never thought it would actually happen.  

Initial reaction, TS ain’t fuckin about this season it’s business.  To effectively sack a club legend who never left the building after playing is bold.  
    Or ego driven crackpottery 
    big mistake in my opinion, no chance to have a full pre-season and shape his own team

this'll come back to bite us on the arse
    Dead right

"the search for a new manager starts now"  this is all time wasted in the construction of next season's squad
    If finishing 8th or 10th or 6th was the benchmark for JJ's continuance then every day since that was unattainable has been casually wasted

Explains why nobody that the club might want to retain has been approached with a new offer - more wasted time.

If this has come out of the blue for the players same as it has for us it's gonna ensure that fewer will want to stay

Gratitude for even having this club to worry about, after douchebag and the rest had violated it, has now worn away completely
    TS has to get every decision between now and 30 July absolutely right first time or he'll make himself hugely unpopular with the faithful.

Airman will have even more material for September's intended swan song VOTV.  Hey Rick, just when you thought you could scrap the old gestetner... 

Do you not think TS has been making plans/having discussions for a new manager in the last month or longer?
    I would really hope so, but why say the search starts now, and that we might be waiting until close to pre-season?
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    It got a mention on the news driving home (Radio X).  Shocked, but only because of the timing so soon after the last game. We normally like to slow torture ourselves...

Will this bode well for the summer?

Reckon TS has someone lined up and will back him in an early transfer frenzy OR am I dreaming?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    Absolutely shocked, whether people wanted it or not is one thing, never thought it would actually happen.  

Initial reaction, TS ain’t fuckin about this season it’s business.  To effectively sack a club legend who never left the building after playing is bold.  
    big mistake in my opinion, no chance to have a full pre-season and shape his own team

Dead right

"the search for a new manager starts now"  this is all time wasted in the construction of next season's squad
    If finishing 8th or 10th or 6th was the benchmark for JJ's continuance then every day since that was unattainable has been casually wasted

Explains why nobody that the club might want to retain has been approached with a new offer - more wasted time.

If this has come out of the blue for the players same as it has for us it's gonna ensure that fewer will want to stay

Gratitude for even having this club to worry about, after douchebag and the rest had violated it, has now worn away completely
    TS has to get every decision between now and 30 July absolutely right first time or he'll make himself hugely unpopular with the faithful.

Airman will have even more material for September's intended swan song VOTV.  Hey Rick, just when you thought you could scrap the old gestetner... 

Do you not think TS has been making plans/having discussions for a new manager in the last month or longer?
    I would really hope so, but why say the search starts now, and that we might be waiting until close to pre-season?
    And the sacking over the phone does make me feel slightly dubious as well. I guess time will tell 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I think TS has summed up many threads, debates, posts on CL about where we want to be and how worried we had got of late

“There’s teams in League One that successfully play long ball and there’s some that play really nice football, playing out from the back. There are different approaches depending on what type of teams you play.

“We for instance had a very hard time breaking down the low block. I’m hoping we can get more variety in terms of our formation, depending on who we play, and in general have a team that is capable of pressing higher most of the time."

"a playing style that might not be as stiff"

• Options
    Ted Lasso
  • Options
    Gutted that one of my all time heroes has ended his association with the club. 
    Those shitbag players have known for ages I bet - that’s why they have been playing like turds. 

Love Jacko to bits forever. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I suspect TS has someone in mind or probably a few and I expect he’s sounded them out. What he won’t know is who might throw their hat into the ring now there is an actual vacancy. I think it might interest quite a few managers and coaches currently in work and out. I suspect TS is waiting to see whose hat lands in the ring before making a rash decision. Sounds sensible to me.
  • Options
    Did he leave or was he sacked ????
    I thought with the right players/ investment he had potential, however it would be great to get a seriously experienced manager in like the Ex Burnley guy 🤣🤣🤣… but no doubt we will get someone similar to the last two.
    I hate to say this but I think TS to football is similar to Boris Johnson when it comes to politics, just another egotistical Tosser who talks big yet does sweet FA.👎👎.

please god I am proven completely wrong and if so will apologise to this forum 👍👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lennon in the running according to our old friend Nicko. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Billy_Mix said:

Dead right

Can't believe that quote! Hopefully it's bs, but this is Sandgaard....
  • Options
    Right decision for me
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Clubs who change managers too often tend not to do well.

My suggestion to TS is to rename Valley Pass as Trigger Happy TV. It wouldn't be the craziest thing that he's done.
  • Options
    For me football is like music. I know what I like but have no real idea on how it is all put together. But the team this season has been a bit like watching the football equivalent of a UK entry in the Eurovision Song Contest: utter crap.

On that basis, as much as I like the guy, I am afraid Mr Jackson just had to go.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Skiverton goes as well .. is that new news ? .. only to be expected
    Was a couple of hours ago mate... ;)
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    A couple of quick points

I still can't believe how many people on social media have take it so personally.  Like Jackson was a member of their family.

Secondly TS's comments refirm my belief that Roddy wasn't the driving force of the "Charlton style".  He was doing what he was told. 
    Seen talk of sending renewed STs back for refunds 😂
    Yes, I found that a bit far fetched.  There's a number of things for me here.  I liked Jackson, his contribution to the club and what he's done for us over the years.  I felt he was the perfect choice when Adkins left and for the first 7 games of his caretaker reign, it looked like he could turn it around.

However, there have been doubts that have crept in over the rigidness of the formation, the style of football and for me, I also felt that the situation we find ourselves in, requires more experience than Jackson has, even with a summer of recruiting his players.

I think this is a bold move from TS that I am hoping pays off because I believe we needed shaking up quite considerably, and what is one of our greatest strengths as a club and how we create a culture of 'proper Charlton' can also be our biggest weakness when it comes to sentimental attachment.

But, he needs to get the next appointment right.  As his tenure has gone on, there have quite rightly, been questions about how he is running the club.  I can't fault his financial commitment and passion, but as he is finding out, if you don't know what you are doing, just because you've had success as a businessman, delivering success at a football club isn't the same.  Mr Duchatelet will tell him that.

I am concerned that he (TS) thinks he can run the show and that his knowledge of football overall is pretty poor.  The language he uses in some of tweets when talking about the game seem to suggest a bit of gap between his understanding of football imo, but that is just me reading between the lines.  

I think this is a good move, but I caveat that with there absolutely has to be someone very good lined up and quick.  Given we're an ailing league one club with a pretty poor squad and there doesn't seem to be a glut of decent managers available, I'm very intrigued to see where we go next
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Billy_Mix said:

Dead right

No. I think he SHOULD have been. Very far from convinced that he actually has. 
  • Options
    boggzy said:
    Chunes said:
    Billy_Mix said:

Dead right

Can't believe that quote! Hopefully it's bs, but this is Sandgaard....
    If he didn't say it many would be jumping all over him if an appointment wasn't made by lunchtime tomorrow. Perhaps he is learning from past mistakes and is covering all bases!
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    NabySarr said:
    Blimey that’s a genuine surprise. Although does go some way to explaining the contract situations…

Will never understand the complaints about the style of football. We are in League One. In League One it’s never been pretty. Under Powell, under Bowyer. Look at Wigan and Rotherham this season. Both played 3-5-2 with big lumps at either end of the pitch.

If we want to take the MK Dons route here, it’s going to be a long old road and many years of getting it wrong before it all clicks. No doubt it’s probably the better choice in the long term but it’s risky.
    He wants a manager to play a high press, fluid football with Stockley and Aneke up front. Kirk isn’t a runner, neither is DJ. 

Doesn’t seem to be much alignment with what he wants and the actions he takes to get there.
    We are 6th in league 1 for passes per defensive action which is a good measure of how much a team presses. I don’t get Sandgaards reasoning at all. We don’t really have the players for it, with not enough mobility up front to press well (Stockley) and not enough pace at the back for a high line. But our pressing was probably the one thing Jackson improved most from Adkins

If football results matched the stats, none of us would watch as we would already know the result. Tables like this are just bollox!!🤣
  • Options
    We for instance had a very hard time breaking down the low block.”
    Sorry, but I’ve no idea what this ‘low block’ is. 
    Is it the opposite of the high press?
  • Options
    Another reason for a CEO is to lead appointments of such roles, and provide someone to blame if it goes wrong...
  • Options
    I can't help thinking that Mr Sandgaard is starting to realise that Charlton Athletic is the money pit that he was probably warned about. He now has lost three managers, one by the managers decision to walk, two by the hand of the chairman either down to results or allegedly down to the fact the chairman doesn't like the style of play. Whatever people thought, Sandgaard, like many other chairman in the league, thought he could pick up a club that had a ground and fanbase that could, with a little help, move up the leagues and be sold at a profit. His bank account is now telling him he is running out of time to realise his assets. Sadly I think he will soon resort to the sale of our youngsters to balance the books, just at a time when we have seemed to produce the best collection of future first team players since the sixties. The sacking of Jackson is not a clear the decks as some people believe but a clear indication that Sandgaard is running out of time and money, with no prospect of recovering his losses because quite simply he owns nothing of value and the value of nothing is nothing. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    We for instance had a very hard time breaking down the low block.”
    Sorry, but I’ve no idea what this ‘low block’ is. 
    Is it the opposite of the high press?
    Parking the bus.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Last time he said they would take their time on Tuesday and appointed Akins on Thursday.......
    Perhaps he learnt from Katrien Meire & took 2 days to choose from his shortlist rather than 2 hours...😄