Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JOHNNIE JACKSON - new 2 year contract at AFC Wimbledon (p44)

Comments

• Options
    Have been out all day and only just found out.  Posting before reading any details about this. 

I am not usually shocked with CAFC but with this I am.    

On the TS thread someone speculated he wouldn't be shocked if JJ was let go this week and I responded that I would be shocked if he was.  

I bow to his intuition.

Is it a case of Jackson wanted his own players and TS has said you get what your given and there was a stand off or is it because TS wanted a different manager from the off when Adkins was sacked. I don't know.

Without knowing the inside track all I can say is it stinks from the point of TS making comments that he gets on with Jackson and they are planning for next season. 

Whether Jackson was right or wrong for the managers role was open to debate as has been the case but this, both timing and stringing someone along has a stench about it and doesn't sit well with me.  
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    NabySarr said:
    Blimey that’s a genuine surprise. Although does go some way to explaining the contract situations…

Will never understand the complaints about the style of football. We are in League One. In League One it’s never been pretty. Under Powell, under Bowyer. Look at Wigan and Rotherham this season. Both played 3-5-2 with big lumps at either end of the pitch.

If we want to take the MK Dons route here, it’s going to be a long old road and many years of getting it wrong before it all clicks. No doubt it’s probably the better choice in the long term but it’s risky.
    He wants a manager to play a high press, fluid football with Stockley and Aneke up front. Kirk isn’t a runner, neither is DJ. 

Doesn’t seem to be much alignment with what he wants and the actions he takes to get there.
    We are 6th in league 1 for passes per defensive action which is a good measure of how much a team presses. I don’t get Sandgaards reasoning at all. We don’t really have the players for it, with not enough mobility up front to press well (Stockley) and not enough pace at the back for a high line. But our pressing was probably the one thing Jackson improved most from Adkins

It’s almost as if TS hasn’t got a clue what he’s talking about. 
  • Options
    Jackson did not have any involvement in Summer recruitment and its not clear he had much involvement for January's. He then has to achieve with players he may not gave wanted. Whatever the rights and wrongs of the decision, Sandgaard ... Thomas and Martin are as, if not more culpable for this seasons failures.
  • Options
    God forbid that TS thinks the squad is largely up to the task, and the failure to achieve the objective of promotion is down to Jackson. So add one or two an a couple of loans, an we piss the league. 

Surprised he has gone. But, have to say after watching this seasons up and down performances, and some of the I’ll discipline and square pegs in round holes, I’m not sorry. 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    I can't help thinking that Mr Sandgaard is starting to realise that Charlton Athletic is the money pit that he was probably warned about. He now has lost three managers, one by the managers decision to walk, two by the hand of the chairman either down to results or allegedly down to the fact the chairman doesn't like the style of play. Whatever people thought, Sandgaard, like many other chairman in the league, thought he could pick up a club that had a ground and fanbase that could, with a little help, move up the leagues and be sold at a profit. His bank account is now telling him he is running out of time to realise his assets. Sadly I think he will soon resort to the sale of our youngsters to balance the books, just at a time when we have seemed to produce the best collection of future first team players since the sixties. The sacking of Jackson is not a clear the decks as some people believe but a clear indication that Sandgaard is running out of time and money, with no prospect of recovering his losses because quite simply he owns nothing of value and the value of nothing is nothing. 
    Lets start a campaign to get Jim Ratcliffe (Ineos) to buy us-he's just missed out on Chelsea. TS gets his just reward (financial) for saving us from crooks and escapes with his cash, Jim gets a London club which would quickly respond to the cash he could pump in, and the credit/quodos from a successful rejuvenation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This nonsense of wanting Jacko to finish 8th after taking over in the bottom four just suggests TS never really wanted him. 
    Which is what we thought was the case.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    This nonsense of wanting Jacko to finish 8th after taking over in the bottom four just suggests TS never really wanted him. 
    8th was achievable. Just needed to try something different now and then rather than persist with the wrong players.
    It was achievable with Stockley, Washington, Lavelle and Inniss fit for 90% of the games he was in charge. Without them he was fucked. And here we are. 
    Exactly!  Injuries made it impossible.  I still don't understand his complete faith in 3-5-2 but seriously anybody expecting miracles from the hand he was dealt are mental.
  • Options
    I would just question the timing of all this,regardless of whether the sacking is justified,the playing style has been the same all season and results where not really improving.So why leave it until now,why not make the decision weeks ago,when it was clear no improvement was coming.Possibly so that many JJ supporters would renew their tickets before deadline day,the timing is suspicious.I think we have all been led a bit of a dance here,no one more than JJ himself who must have gone home after the Dinner without the slightest suspicion.TS has really gone down in my estimation,you just do not treat loyal employees in this way.Also to the players,and you know who you are,who contributed to this situation.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    supaclive said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    8th was achievable. Just needed to try something different now and then rather than persist with the wrong players.
    I've seen you play @Dazzler21 and just like your footballing skills, you don't really know what you're doing. 

Jacko showed his belief in the current set up with the amount of minutes he played loan signings he didn't choose.

Gunther
    Watson
    Arter
    Matthews
    Yid loanee
    Chelsea loanee
    Elliot Lee
    Injuries to Stockley, Washington, Aneke, Lavelle and Innis.

And yet he should have got EIGHTEEN MORE POINTS??!

TOP TWO FORM

WITH THIS SQUAD?!

8th was achievable. Not autos. 8th.
    We were 22nd when Jackson took over.  He NEEDED  automatic promotion form to get to 8th.....

Sigh.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    supaclive said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I've seen you play @Dazzler21 and just like your footballing skills, you don't really know what you're doing. 

Jacko showed his belief in the current set up with the amount of minutes he played loan signings he didn't choose.

Gunther
    Watson
    Arter
    Matthews
    Yid loanee
    Chelsea loanee
    Elliot Lee
    Injuries to Stockley, Washington, Aneke, Lavelle and Innis.

And yet he should have got EIGHTEEN MORE POINTS??!

TOP TWO FORM

WITH THIS SQUAD?!

8th was achievable. Not autos. 8th.
    We were 22nd when Jackson took over.  He NEEDED promotion form to get to 8th.....

Sigh.
    Re-read your comment. Why couldn't we do it when others have.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm amazed that so many people are shocked at this news. I really hoped JJ would succeed but it became obvious early on that he was out of his depth. If it wasnt for the history he has with the club there isnt a chance he would have got away with the performances this season. Those people harping on about his win ratio etc ffs he was managing Charlton in league one ! I should think he would have a better win ratio than managers who managed in the championship or in Curbs case the premiership. His style of football was tedious and without any imagination. Unfortunately as has been said before he should have gone and learnt his trade lower down the leagues. That all sounds harsh but it is a harsh world. Please God may we now open up the vacancy to people who perhaps might not have a proven history with the club. Being a legend doesnt automatically deem you get a shot at managing. I think the delay in contracts for players can now be understood. Not a chance we havent already got someone lined up to take over withington the next week or so imo
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Blimey. Big call from Sandgaard.  Let's hope he knows what he is doing.  

Haha football wise I don't think he's got a clue ......................... except that his son has a hard shot.
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    With Jackson going, looks like it’s going to be a complete rebuild because any incoming manager will want sizeable input.

Wonder if it’s going to be a young Dane?

All the best Johnnie.
    Does sandgaard have another son ?
  • Options
    Can't comment on this season really, just gutted it's not worked out for Johnnie.  If we get another manager like Nigel Adkins I'll be fuming, and if one's not been identified already then that's criminal.  I don't want a manager whose success was 10 years ago, and certainly one who studies the game but still insists on playing the same winless noughties 433 formation week in week out.