Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

JOHNNIE JACKSON - new 2 year contract at AFC Wimbledon (p44)

Comments

• Leuth said:
    I will add that the next appointment is as everyone has said crucial. I'm sure TS knows this, and I'm also sure he knows what the fanbase doesn't want. 
    Darren Pratley as player coach and TS even turns you against him 
  • Off topic, but is there a way of making the text look bigger? It looks very small on my iPhone, and nothing I’ve tried makes it any bigger (as the actress said to the cliché).
  • JamesSeed said:
    Off topic, but is there a way of making the text look bigger? It looks very small on my iPhone, and nothing I’ve tried makes it any bigger (as the actress said to the cliché).
    Of this site generally? I just increase the zoom level on my browser, but if you want anything more complicated than that, start a new post in troubleshooting and we'll have a look.
  • Leuth said:
    My opinion of my fellow Charlton fans has rarely been lower than it has in the last couple of days. There seems to be a whole industry of people who gained cred and followers opposing Duchatelet, who've had to lie dormant for a while, and who have now sensed the opportunity to doomsay, cavil, insinuate and rabble-rouse. TS hasn't done a single thing to genuinely alarm me yet. Frustrate, perhaps - he's new to this game - but the high-handed demands for us to 'worry about Charlton's future' feel to me like certain people want to be important again 
    Right on the money! 
  • We must get rid of Duchatelet, once and for all. I don't care if we sink further down the leagues. I just want Sandgaard to buy the Valley and training ground. If the recruitment suffers, so be it so. I bloodly hate Duchatelet so much. Lets not turn on Sandgaard, lets give him a chance. Buy the ground please and not players. I am prepared to wait.
  • Uboat said:
    Leuth said:
    My opinion of my fellow Charlton fans has rarely been lower than it has in the last couple of days. There seems to be a whole industry of people who gained cred and followers opposing Duchatelet, who've had to lie dormant for a while, and who have now sensed the opportunity to doomsay, cavil, insinuate and rabble-rouse. TS hasn't done a single thing to genuinely alarm me yet. Frustrate, perhaps - he's new to this game - but the high-handed demands for us to 'worry about Charlton's future' feel to me like certain people want to be important again 
    Nicely written, but completely wrong. 

‘A whole industry of people’? Seriously?
    Can't be that wrong, its got 57 likes.
  • Beyond all the odd public comments and talk of pressing/training intensity, it's easy to forget that Jackson was hamstrung by the January Transfer window. None of the permanent signings played more league minutes than the already banished Papa Souare or Ben Watson!

• Sponsored links:

• The players knew Jacko was going.
    Jacko was always a stop gap manager.
    Owner couldn't be bothered to sack him face to face.

Pretty much stabbed in the back IMO.

• Biggest concern is when TS talks about how strong the squad is etc. Think we had 4 of the most limited and defensive minded full backs in the football league. Got to accept the recruitment made the squad very imbalanced and left any manager with no chance of getting promoted.
  • clive said:
    It's not something I think he is capable of doing but he probably needs to just be quiet for a couple of weeks now or at least until he's appointed a new manager. I don't think drip feeding daily explanations, platitudes or excuses is doing anyone any favours and he's at risk of sounding more out of touch and fanciful than he already does.

Time to focus on identifying, interviewing and choosing managerial candidates, nothing else.
  • RoanRedNY said:
    Turning up in The Valley car park to throw a few fucks at Southall is one thing. Who on gods Green earth is going to stump up a few hundred quid to protest in Colorado. What a load of over reacting bollix. 
    No-one.  I have lived in the US for 11 years and have barely met a single person who has heard of CAFC, let alone support them, and any Brits paying for flights to Colorado to protest have more money than sense which, based on their plan, might very well be the case.

plus they are all heavily armed over that part, could get messy
    Well I wasn't really thinking of going...now I'm definitely staying at home
  • Sandgaard has had a couple of days to come up with this spin on things. It confirms that he didn't want JJ as has been said and I guess we all should have known that from the nature of the contract and the delay in getting it done.
    As for the Connor thing.....how would the impression be given that a new manager may not want him unless the possibility of a new manager was inferred during the conversation? Looks like Junior messed up but I can't see him getting into hot water with pater.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2022
    PWADDICK said:

This is embarrassing 
    More fuel to the 'these players are dickheads' fire to be honest. Some of them have just seen off their third manager and they only had 2 year contracts! Burn them all
    Well we all know who the player is.   Most people would put him very near the bottom of the dick head list. 
  • clive said:
    It's not something I think he is capable of doing but he probably needs to just be quiet for a couple of weeks now or at least until he's appointed a new manager. I don't think drip feeding daily explanations, platitudes or excuses is doing anyone any favours and he's at risk of sounding more out of touch and fanciful than he already does.

Time to focus on identifying, interviewing and choosing managerial candidates, nothing else.
    This will be one interview that Cawley will make 20 stories out of over the coming days/weeks. It's not TS giving him a bell every day.
  • edited May 2022
    PWADDICK said:

This is embarrassing 
    Sandgaard is, no doubt, a tool, whether the sacking of Jackson was right or not.  
  • edited May 2022
    wmcf123 said:
    PWADDICK said:

This is embarrassing 
    Sandgaard is, no doubt, a tool, whether the sacking of Jackson was right or not.  
    Personal abuse. Classy.
  • edited May 2022
    PWADDICK said:

This is embarrassing 
    More fuel to the 'these players are dickheads' fire to be honest. Some of them have just seen off their third manager and they only had 2 year contracts! Burn them all
    As if it wasn't obvious from what we've seen on the pitch over the past few years, finally some inside confirmation we have toxic dickheads in that changing room and need to clear them out once and for all. 
  • edited May 2022
    aliwibble said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Off topic, but is there a way of making the text look bigger? It looks very small on my iPhone, and nothing I’ve tried makes it any bigger (as the actress said to the cliché).
    Of this site generally? I just increase the zoom level on my browser, but if you want anything more complicated than that, start a new post in troubleshooting and we'll have a look.
    Can you do that on an iPhone? 
    Will take a look. 
    Perhaps I’m having a senior moment. 😩

Update:
    Wow, thanks @aliwibble that fixed it! I had it set on 85% for some reason. 
    👍
  • It wouldn't surprise me if that might have been a player we expected to see more of after injury but didn't.