Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

JOHNNIE JACKSON - new 2 year contract at AFC Wimbledon (p44)

Comments

• I thought it was a good interview, almost like he read through a couple of threads running on here😀.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    PWADDICK said:

This is embarrassing 
    More fuel to the 'these players are dickheads' fire to be honest. Some of them have just seen off their third manager and they only had 2 year contracts! Burn them all
    Well we all know who the player is.   Most people would put him very near the bottom of the dick head list. 
    I guess it's relative isn't it. Work isn't life, there are plenty of people who are good blokes but can be an absolute nightmare to work with. Didn't get on with the last manager, apparently started a rumour that upset this manager. It could all be fiction but all the players seem nice enough. Gilbey seems lovely, Pearce the same, Gunter looks fun, Clare, Purrington, Stockley, Leko, DJ, Inniss, all seem like nice chaps. They do seem to have tried really hard really briefly and then eased a manager out the door after a few weeks of effort though. Could be a toxic dressing room, could be that all these managers just couldn't do the job, but I find it hard to square the clean sheet run under Bowyer, the 10 match end of season run under Adkins and the start of Jackson's time, which large numbers of the squad were around for all of, with the jank we got served to us after those little periods of maximum effort burned out.
  • mendonca said:
    It wouldn't surprise me if that might have been a player we expected to see more of after injury but didn't.
    It's tother one. 
  • mendonca said:
    If we had just appointed Jacko as interim until the end of season, all these fun and games could have been avoided. He would have got a longer run to impress, the fans would have been provided a clear message. Everybody could have taken stock at the timeframe provided from the onset. 

Maybe this is where a footballing person or ceo would have helped, from their experience.
    I mean he was basically that as caretaker manager and people were up in arms about why he wasn't being made permanent quicker. I think its just obvious that Sandgaard can't keep all the fan base happy whatever he does, unless, we are getting promoted.
  • mendonca said:
    If we had just appointed Jacko as interim until the end of season, all these fun and games could have been avoided. He would have got a longer run to impress, the fans would have been provided a clear message. Everybody could have taken stock at the timeframe provided from the onset. 

Maybe this is where a footballing person or ceo would have helped, from their experience.
    I mean he was basically that as caretaker manager and people were up in arms about why he wasn't being made permanent quicker. I think its just obvious that Sandgaard can't keep all the fan base happy whatever he does, unless, we are getting promoted.

TS is the owner and he shouldn’t be just bowing to fan pressure. If he didn’t want Jacko he should have just kept him as caretaker. 
  • mendonca said:

He was but the message was that it was an ongoing basis with that unnecessary reference to it being reviewed after a specific number of games. If that message was that he would be caretaker manager until the end of season, then I do think this would have been a smoother ride. I think that's the area TS likes to hold the cards/media/talksport. If an Owner owns no assets of a Club, he is going to want to have his joy in other ways.
  • mendonca said:
    mendonca said:

He was but the message was that it was an ongoing basis with that unnecessary reference to it being reviewed after a specific number of games. If that message was that he would be caretaker manager until the end of season, then I do think this would have been a smoother ride. I think that's the area TS likes to hold the cards/media/talksport. If an Owner owns no assets of a Club, he is going to want to have his joy in other ways.
    https://twitter.com/questtv/status/1469798714038530055?s=21&t=AlEwr3k_I4dlV18dl8dsDQ
  • Sponsored links:

• mendonca said:

TS is the owner and he shouldn’t be just bowing to fan pressure. If he didn’t want Jacko he should have just kept him as caretaker. 
    He was smart about it with the contract he gave him. I think people forget the strength of feeling behind Jacko at the time, particularly during that winning run.
  • Leuth said:
    “But there are the fans who understand that maybe we could do better in terms of how we show up at games, the formation we play, our flexibility if a game develops differently to what we expected – how quickly can we transform and adjust to those things? Substitutions etc, there are many things that some fans have picked up on that maybe we could do differently.”

Sandgaard 100% correct here. Bolton away was the one time we really mixed it up during a game and it WORKED - they got a sucker-punch winner, sure, but finally we saw some flexibility - and then never again. I know it's the sort of thing you learn to do as a manager, but JJ had been assistant coach for how long?
    Yeah he's pretty much saying what a large section of the fan base has been saying about Jackson's management for a while.

Puts an end to the conspiracy theorists saying Sandgaard forced JJ to play 3-5-2. And underlines the madness that he spent 80% of a season playing it without having the players for it.
    Exactly this 100%. Appreciate that this has divided opinions but all I can say is personally I got to the point that we were just dross and boring to watch regardless of results and JJ was coming out defending the performances as acceptable. As far as I'm concerned it is the right decision based on cold hard facts and not sentiment. When the dust settles I'm sure JJ will look back and wish he had done things differently and learn from it. I wish him all the best in the future but going into next season with the same set up would imo lead to the same shite
  • Sorry, what player was it that leaked the news to JJ?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    PWADDICK said:

This is embarrassing 
    More fuel to the 'these players are dickheads' fire to be honest. Some of them have just seen off their third manager and they only had 2 year contracts! Burn them all
    Well we all know who the player is.   Most people would put him very near the bottom of the dick head list. 
    I guess it's relative isn't it. Work isn't life, there are plenty of people who are good blokes but can be an absolute nightmare to work with. Didn't get on with the last manager, apparently started a rumour that upset this manager. It could all be fiction but all the players seem nice enough. Gilbey seems lovely, Pearce the same, Gunter looks fun, Clare, Purrington, Stockley, Leko, DJ, Inniss, all seem like nice chaps. They do seem to have tried really hard really briefly and then eased a manager out the door after a few weeks of effort though. Could be a toxic dressing room, could be that all these managers just couldn't do the job, but I find it hard to square the clean sheet run under Bowyer, the 10 match end of season run under Adkins and the start of Jackson's time, which large numbers of the squad were around for all of, with the jank we got served to us after those little periods of maximum effort burned out.
    Couldn't agree more.  Even this season we have seen a real lack of self discipline and for want of a better expression self respect. 
  • Gilbey definitely would have been on penalty duties V Ipswich then.
  • Sponsored links:

• WSS said:
    We really need to separate our heads and hearts here.

The main argument is that JJ 'deserved' more time based on what he's done for the club and his status. Is that fair/right? There's a part of me that agrees with that but taking the emotion out of it - we should have been better regardless of it being "his team" and we weren't.

TS as an owner (and successful businessman) has got to where he has by making lots of tough decisions. Some right, some wrong but actually making them is the key part. Time will tell whether this one was right.
    Bingo
  • There's much emotional, almost theatrical and poetic language being used of late on CL!
  • Perhaps the new appointed Manager will be given total control (ie TS keeping out of things) I don't know about you but the owner should let his money do the talking and should not be popping up every week with a Tweet on every game etc 

Time was when the likes of Clough, Shankly, Ferguson and Wenger were in charge. And the money men kept out the way. Any potential manager would take one look at this busybody with his awful guitar playing and wild pronouncements "we will p*** this league" and think "no thanks". 

As for those talking about Dyche and Warnock et al!!! Erm, we are currently an inept third division side and they are premiership managers from the north. What on earth (other than a billion quid) would attract either to these backwaters. 

#realitycheckneeded! 
    The Lord?
  • mendonca said:
    There's much emotional, almost theatrical and poetic language being used of late on CL!
    Men at some time are masters of their fates. The fault, dear Mendonca, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings
  • Uboat said:
    Leuth said:
    My opinion of my fellow Charlton fans has rarely been lower than it has in the last couple of days. There seems to be a whole industry of people who gained cred and followers opposing Duchatelet, who've had to lie dormant for a while, and who have now sensed the opportunity to doomsay, cavil, insinuate and rabble-rouse. TS hasn't done a single thing to genuinely alarm me yet. Frustrate, perhaps - he's new to this game - but the high-handed demands for us to 'worry about Charlton's future' feel to me like certain people want to be important again 
    Nicely written, but completely wrong. 

‘A whole industry of people’? Seriously?
    Can't be that wrong, its got 57 likes.
    It is possible for 57 people to be wrong and in this case they are. 
  • edited May 2022
    mendonca said:
    There's much emotional, almost theatrical and poetic language being used of late on CL!

Dear Thomas...

To be, or not to be, that is the question:

Whether ’tis nobler in the mind to suffer

The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,

Or to take arms against a sea of troubles.... B)