Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JOHNNIE JACKSON - new 2 year contract at AFC Wimbledon (p44)

Comments

• Options
    Some people wondered if Jacko was too much like a mate to the players. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Jacko looking 10 yrs younger again already.  I know he'll still be hurting but he's probably well out of the mad house.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    That to me suggests he was too close to the players - too pally pally 
    So now a manager and family isnt allowed to get along with players or make any relationships or friendships in the football world they are humans swear our fans love to judge every little thing this club or people connected get upto
    Absolutely, he can.
    but 
    how does that look to the other players, should he have stayed?

this was a pre planned trip, so presumably him and his mate George have had this going for a while…

as others have said, there was signs he was to much of a friend to the players/didn’t have that authority, which presumably showed in the performances! 
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    sammy391 said:
    So now a manager and family isnt allowed to get along with players or make any relationships or friendships in the football world they are humans swear our fans love to judge every little thing this club or people connected get upto
    Absolutely, he can.
    but 

this was a pre planned trip, so presumably him and his mate George have had this going for a while…

as others have said, there was signs he was to much of a friend to the players/didn’t have that authority, which presumably showed in the performances! 
    I wonder what Adkins’ excuse was 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    wmcf123 said:
    sammy391 said:
    sammy391 said:
    Absolutely, he can.
    but 

I wonder what Adkins’ excuse was 
    The fact he wasn't given the players or staff he was promised then got the hump?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Some people wondered if Jacko was too much like a mate to the players. 
    I think he probably was. Call me old fashioned, but that’s what I don’t want to see in a manager. It’s all too cosy, too matey. There needs to be distinction between business and pleasure. It makes it difficult to make tough decision if you’re mates with someone. I’ve seen fall outs in the workplace far too often because the manager has a favourite. You wouldn’t have seen Cloughie out with Archie Gemmil 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Essex looks a bit different these days. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Looks like a very cosy evening, always a great favourite of Jacko..first signing when he surfaces next

So George, fancy a change next season, sure Gaffa, where do i sign... B)
    I can't see Dobson signing for a L2 club.
    Que sera sera... ;)
  • Options
    The big question I have is exactly who took that photograph ? If it was Jason then he should be summarily dismissed for fraternising with the players instead of treating them like the scum they are. It’s also a really poorly composed picture. What chance of getting tactics on a football pitch right when you can’t compose a piccy better than that. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    'Gilbs' was there too but he was running late because he misplaced something 
    I just think he ran the wrong way, he ran a long way.  In the wrong direction.
  • Options
    As George Dobson was POTY it's not like he only got in the team because he was mates with the Gaffer.

Johnnie Jackson going to Luton as a coach and a possible player going with him ?

The record of the Jones boy at Luton is superb even if the ex Premier boys at Stoke were a difficult bunch to sell your ideas to and motivate.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    'Gilbs' was there too but he was running late because he misplaced something 
    I heard he got muscled out of the last spot in the lift to join them...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Holy over-analyse.
  • Options
    Sorry, what player was it that leaked the news to JJ?
    Conor Washington or his agent leaked the news I think.
    It was Washington,he was told by MS about a possible change of manager,Washington told Jacko ,who confronted TS who told him that it was nonsence,we all know what happened next.MS also insisted that Burstow appeared for a certain amount of times in a certain amount of games due to  transfer conditions,that is why our own players where on the bench .Jacko was furious ,especially as it was he who got the stick.This is totally reliable information,and confirms a lot of speculation about the involvement of MS,I repeat this will end in tears.
    Ties up with what I got told by a senior player. I believe we got 50k for Burstow playing. 

Also heard that the club had contacted a few managers two weeks prior to the season ending 
  • Options
    It was Washington,he was told by MS about a possible change of manager,Washington told Jacko ,who confronted TS who told him that it was nonsence,we all know what happened next.MS also insisted that Burstow appeared for a certain amount of times in a certain amount of games due to  transfer conditions,that is why our own players where on the bench .Jacko was furious ,especially as it was he who got the stick.This is totally reliable information,and confirms a lot of speculation about the involvement of MS,I repeat this will end in tears.
    Indeed, but don't be surprised if you're bombarded with cries of " So who's your source ?" or accuse you of adding another strand to the MS smear " campaign" that those who are purely concerned about the family's handling of current, important issues are highlighting....

Don't give up telling how it is, mate but don't expect any  thanks. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Wait a minute. I thought Chelsea didn't want us to have Burstow? But we were also being paid 50k to play him? Is that per appearance? 
  • Options
    Wait a minute. I thought Chelsea didn't want us to have Burstow? But we were also being paid 50k to play him? Is that per appearance? 
    All I got told is that we got money if he played a certain amount of minutes. 
  • Options
    Tell me how Sandgaard is any different to Roland.
  • Options
    Tell me how Sandgaard is any different to Roland.
    Well first of all, if that's true, Sandgaard is letting the manager decide which players he wants to sign..........