Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jackson: Where does he go from here? (P6. AFC Wimbledon)

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:

Perhaps a coaching role somewhere.  Am I right in thinking he lives in Hertfordshire or near that way? 
    Yeah Hoddesdon I believe 
    Christ……one thing he won’t miss is the daily commute between Hoddesdon, The Valley & Sparrows Lane.
    What a poxy journey that is.🤨
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I think JJ deserved more of a chance. Sandgaard owns the club so he can make a decision like this but I don't have to be happy about it and I am not.

Agree with your 3 points in the two sentences.
    When we were winning the games at the valley against the likes of Plymouth, Ipswich and Cambridge 2-0 JJ didn't look out of his depth or winning at Sunderland and Rotherham. 5 decent to good sides in League 1 and we didn't concede a goal.

Fortunately I didn't see the Oxford home game and Ipswich away but did see the home games against Morecambe and 3 poor goals given away but we had more than enough chances to win with more composure in the box.
    The Lincoln home game Washington missed or messed up 4 golden chances and Jayden from close in.

Hot and cold under JJ but wasn't Johnnie Jackson's record 17 League wins and 13 losses in his two spells in charge ?

• Options
    AFC Wimbledon. Gillingham. Crawley. 
  • Options
    Isn't Gunter supposed to be going to Wimbledon? Think this one through Jacko.
  • Options
    Perhaps he can also bring Ben Watson in as a coach and reunite the gang...
  • Options
    Perhaps he can also bring Ben Watson in as a coach and reunite the gang...
    Jacko’s crazy gang
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Perhaps a coaching role somewhere.  Am I right in thinking he lives in Hertfordshire or near that way? 
    Yeah Hoddesdon I believe 
    Christ……one thing he won’t miss is the daily commute between Hoddesdon, The Valley & Sparrows Lane.
    What a poxy journey that is.🤨
    Yes, Jackson is regularly sighted at Broxbourne Station.

I wondered about the Crawley job too.  Still only a two hour journey by train.

Wimbledon ... about an hour and 15-ish.  No brainer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    well, Jackson is 1/4 odds on. favourite by a distance for the AFC Wimbledon job.

Had a look at their dial up internet msn group chat fans forum called Womble underground pass. some quotes:

"I can't muster any real interest in who the next manager is. Sounds like Jackson who will probably do an ok job, with an ok team, in division 4. It's all about as exciting as a fish-finger sandwich."

"
    Can someone tell me what the appeal of Jackson would be? On what grounds would we think he was any good? "

"
    Another Rookie manager no thanks have we learnt nothing.get Artell or the Dagenham guy in."

"Give me Artell over Jackson anyday."
  • Options
    Good luck to him is what I say. Deserved to be given a chance here.
  • Options
    If Jacko goes to Wimbledon I hope they storm the league.
  • Options
    I still feel Johnnie will have success as a manager. I'm not convinced he really failed this season as 15 wins and 13 losses showed. The disappointments were the loan players this season with even Famewo being so erratic. Well done JJ for improving George Dobson, CBT and Sean Clare who can play in 4 difference positions. Fraser turning up not fit, Covid and a knee problem didn't help plus Gilbey our box to box player losing his form and his brains after the two yellows cards. 
    As for Inniss who only finished about 20 games in two seasons out of 92 when he could've been a rock.
    Not sure who Colchester's manager is but a club like that would be a great place to show that JJ can be successful with the flexible 3-5-2 as long as you have pace in those positions and a team that can adapt.

Still feel gutted that Johnnie couldn't be the boss for next season after bringing in new players to fit his formation. 
    Exactly my take on it, JJ will be a success - I’m just gutted it’s not with us 
  • Options
    If he goes to the Wimbledon I wonder if Euell would join him there.  He’s loved there I think
  • Options
    This would be a great move for him I think. Hopefully he gets the gig and makes a great success of it. You never know football is a funny old game and if he can develop as a manager he may be back with us at some point to hopefully be a success here
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    If he goes to the Wimbledon I wonder if Euell would join him there.  He’s loved there I think
    You could say the same about him at Charlton?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Seems weird for him to jump ship for an assistants role. Of course it could be dependant on our new manager and his role (if any) at Charlton 
  • Options
    Although I am not a fan of 352 wasn't  Jackson's win record the best in Charlton  History. 

Must be something other than playing style and results factor overall. 

I wonder what.
    Oh come on stop trying to big up last seasons results ! The problem quite clearly was that even whilst winning the performances were dire, absolutely no excuse for the dross that we played regardless of win ratios. Bums on seats is the driving force and apart from us nutters who would bother crossing the road to watch that tripe ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well, he wont be turning up at Spurs anytime soon as its only our fans who want ex players as managers...😄
    Well Spurs had Chris Hughton, Steve Perryman, Bill Nicholson and Glenn Hoddle as managers - all ex Spurs players ….
    He’s an big Arsenal fan thougb
  • Options
    Is it just me or does that look absolutely nothing like Jacko? 
  • Options
    Is it just me or does that look absolutely nothing like Jacko? 
    It’s just you old chap 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I think that is a given, perhaps a proviso from Wimbledon.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Although I am not a fan of 352 wasn't  Jackson's win record the best in Charlton  History. 

I wonder what.
    Oh come on stop trying to big up last seasons results ! The problem quite clearly was that even whilst winning the performances were dire, absolutely no excuse for the dross that we played regardless of win ratios. Bums on seats is the driving force and apart from us nutters who would bother crossing the road to watch that tripe ?
    I am not bigging up anything...his win ratio is 47%. The best by a Charlton player... that is not tripe , it is fact. A strange fact admittedly but one influenced by not many draws and quite a lot of defeats. There were 4 or 5 good performances though against the better teams.

I was surprised Jackson went on holiday  with Dobson.  I don't see how you can be seen as in authority doing that . 

Mostly I was bored though by the dire crap, especially at Accrington and more so at Ipswich. Something was very wrong in the dressing room by then.
    Did he though? It was just a picture of them having dinner together while on holiday I thought?

His win ratio was based on how many games? There are other managers who may have had as good a ratio (or better) over the same number of games during part of their time as manager. 
    For example in the 1934/5 season Charlton won 23 of their 42 matches, well over 50%. 
    Don’t know who the manager was though. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    JamesSeed said:
    AndyG said:

I wonder what.
    I am not bigging up anything...his win ratio is 47%. The best by a Charlton player... that is not tripe , it is fact. A strange fact admittedly but one influenced by not many draws and quite a lot of defeats. There were 4 or 5 good performances though against the better teams.

I was surprised Jackson went on holiday  with Dobson.  I don't see how you can be seen as in authority doing that . 

Mostly I was bored though by the dire crap, especially at Accrington and more so at Ipswich. Something was very wrong in the dressing room by then.
    Did he though? It was just a picture of them having dinner together while on holiday I thought?

His win ratio was based on how many games? There are other managers who may have had as good a ratio (or better) over the same number of games during part of their time as manager. 
    For example in the 1934/5 season Charlton won 23 of their 42 matches, well over 50%. 
    Don’t know who the manager was though. 
    You’ll do anything to squeeze that name in won’t you, even when it makes no sense at all ;) 
    😂👏
    Those liking you post might not get the spirit in which is was intended though 🤭
  • Options
    To Wimbledon or not to Wimbledon, that is the Q.
  • Options
    edited May 2022

I wonder what.

Johnnie Jackson won 17 out of 35 League  matches in the two spells he was in charge.

Edited it was 2+33 !