Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eurovision 2022

Comments

• edited May 2022
    439/468. A total of 29 ‘dropped’ points from 39 countries. The public vote was unified all across Europe.

I was honestly surprised they got less than 200 from the ‘political’ jury vote.
  • Hal1x said:
    You won, Ukraine. Enjoy the money, I hope it makes you happy. Dear lord, what a sad little life, Ukraine. You ruined my night completely so you could have the money and I hope now you can spend it on lessons in grace and decorum. Because you have all the grace of a reversing dump truck without any tyres on. So Ukraine, take your money and get off my property
    Jeeez, its only a crappy music show, made even more ridiculous by this vote which essentially makes the whole contest a waste of time, but it certainly doesn't warrant this sort of reaction, especially now. Besides this sort of thing was always gonna happen.
    Google the quote and you might be less upset
  • Chizz said:
    If Ukraine can't host next year there's always a high chance the UK will be asked to host. 
    It is very, very expensive to host. So I can't imagine we would want to. 

It will probably go to a country with a political leader in desperate need of a boost in the lead-up to a national election, instead. 
    Sounds a lot like Boris Johnson :D
  • [thatsthejoke.gif]
  • edited May 2022
    If Ukraine can't host next year there's always a high chance the UK will be asked to host. 
    Surely the right and magnanimous thing to do would be to offer to host on behalf of a war-ravaged country?

Cant believe how petty some people on here are being. I’d have hated us to sneak past Ukraine at the last vote. 

Well done, well sung and well performed, Sam Ryder. 

And let’s all take a little bit of joy from the fact that Mika is an Addick. At least he was in 2009. 
  • Hal1x said:
    You won, Ukraine. Enjoy the money, I hope it makes you happy. Dear lord, what a sad little life, Ukraine. You ruined my night completely so you could have the money and I hope now you can spend it on lessons in grace and decorum. Because you have all the grace of a reversing dump truck without any tyres on. So Ukraine, take your money and get off my property
    Jeeez, its only a crappy music show, made even more ridiculous by this vote which essentially makes the whole contest a waste of time, but it certainly doesn't warrant this sort of reaction, especially now. Besides this sort of thing was always gonna happen.

• Chizz said:
    [thatsthejoke.gif]
    Here you go @Chizz

🥸
  • Chizz said:
    It is very, very expensive to host. So I can't imagine we would want to. 

It will probably go to a country with a political leader in desperate need of a boost in the lead-up to a national election, instead. 
    we could easily host it, but politically it would have to go to somewhere northern and deprived, so the likes of Hartlepool or Accrington will be in the box seat  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Hal1x said:
    Google the quote and you might be less upset
    eh?
  • It's interesting that the jury vote is no longer so obviously political but the public vote so obviously is.

It would have been interesting to have a public vote in the FA Cup Final, and a penalty shootout in the Eurovision song contest.

• Finishing 2nd is an incredible achievement. Hopefully, that will the moment for the nation to actually care about Eurovision. The UK are the real winners IMO.

Ukraine went out to 2/1 during the jury vote. Couldn’t move quick enough to reinvest.

• edited May 2022
    Finishing 2nd is an incredible achievement. Hopefully, that will the moment for the nation to actually care about Eurovision. The UK are the real winners IMO.

Ukraine went out to 2/1 during the jury vote. Couldn’t move quick enough to reinvest.

But it just shows how pointless it is? How can anyone care about this song contest, when the song is totally meaningless compared to the politics and game playing. It may be entertainment but its not a real contest.
  • The BBC have to pay for hosting if it came to that. Was amazed we could get so close.  There have always been politics involved...

• People actually complaining that the whole of Europe rallied around Ukraine in a public display of support? 

Weirdos. 
  • 🤣🤣🤣 fucking hell
  • Without trying to be too direct but this is a massive reality check.

In the past few years I’ve felt frustrated in hearing people say ‘Europe doesn’t like us so they will not vote for us’ but the reality is that we’ve sent terrible songs which artists couldn’t perform on stage. Last year the vocal was terrible and the staging was a joke, we deserved to get zero points that year.

Sam Ryders song and performance is something we’ve been crying out for ages. It was such a special performance.

I have no doubt there’s political voting as it was obvious with Ukraine winning but if we get our songs and performances right then we’ll get somewhere.
  • Ukraine got 28/39 twelves from the public vote.

They received tens from: Romania, Slovenia, Croatia, Albania, Montenegro, Armenia, Switzerland, Greece.

They received eights from: Malta, North Macedonia

They received seven from: Serbia
  • U.K. got one public 12, from Malta. Also one 10, from Israel.

https://eurovisionworld.com/eurovision/2022%23ukraine#united-kingdom
  • Sponsored links:

• Clearly i don't follow the Eurovision, but wtf are Australia doing in it?

First they join Asian world cup qualifying, now this. Anything else going on in another continent that they can be a part of?
  • Amazing what people sometimes choose to get annoyed about.
  • Clearly i don't follow the Eurovision, but wtf are Australia doing in it?

First they join Asian world cup qualifying, now this. Anything else going on in another continent that they can be a part of?
    They’ve been in Eurovision since 2015. Agree it’s a bit odd but after the first half a dozen times it’s been pretty much accepted at this point.
  • Look what happens when BBC Music and Radio 1 get actively involved in the song choice, rather then leaving it to Light Entertainment. 
  • edited May 2022
    Was a great watch. Knowing Ukraine would win, we put £10 in a kitty each and watched with my son and his girlfriend. We picked 5 songs each and added up their total points to get a winner. I tried to be clever and didn't include the UK in my five so came last.  I also picked Romania and Finland who did rubbish!

Sam Ryder did us proud though and is no less a winner for finishing second. Maybe even more so given the circumstances. I must admit, my favourite was Sweden but it was clear they and us had the best songs and then it is a matter of taste. What I did get right was the hand washing song from Serbia would do well with the phone vote, I was just wrong about nearly everything else. I knew it was rubbish though.

I love Mika and Life in Cartoon Motion is one of my favourite modern albums, so loved his medley at the end.
  • Don't think you could have asked for anymore than Sam produced , to win the jury vote and then come second to an absolute voting juggernaut in Ukraine is one hell of an effort.  Just goes to show if you find the right person , put the hard graft in going around Europe showing your love for the contest then you can get great results.

Be very interesting to see how the UK follow it up next year , because that's going to be a hard act to match. 
  • Both our song and the Sweden song are songs that I will listen to beyond Eurovision. It is not often the contest can produce two songs like that in one event. Both had simple staging, were great songs that stood on their own and were faultlessly performed by fantastic artists. 
  • Apparently Sweden already agreed to host next years if Ukraine can’t.

So I was told 🤷‍♀️

If I'm reading that right, we managed to get points from just about every country, which is a massive achievement

If I'm reading that right, we managed to get points from just about every country, which is a massive achievement
    Yeah Croatia were the only country not to give us a single point in either vote:

Nothing from Jury: Armenia | Australia | Croatia | Greece
    Nothing from Public: Croatia | Montenegro | North Macedonia | Serbia | Slovenia