Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When did we stop singing…

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2022
    sam3110 said:
    We barely sing at all, and when we do it's at a million miles an hour and a random song, like the most frequent chant this season was for "Elliott Lee, Elliott Lee, the most mediocre player, you ever did see"

We have a soulless squad right now, a soulless atmosphere, no manager and a seemingly out of touch, slightly cringey owner
    The atmosphere in covered end and away games is great particularly considering the dross on the pitch.

In fact despite our demise over past decade I've noted we've picked up more of a younger following that we perhaps lost for a bit when away from the valley.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    I know a big fat policeman, his name is PC Jim, he walked around the covered end and got his head kicked in…

ooops - just seen bollocks post
  • Options
    Give us a C........
  • Options

Yipy Ki A, Yipy Ki Oh....
    Is it ‘ki’ ? Thought it was more like ‘yippy-i-a ... yippy-a-o’ ? 
    i thought it was

Yippie-yi-o
    Yippie-yi-yay

as in ghost riders in the sky
  • Options
    TEL said:

He's here, he's there, he's every F@cking where (insert name) wouldn't apply to anyone last season :)
    Oh, it would be perfect for George Dobson.
    Might have trouble making his name scan though.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    E I e I e I e I o is still my favourite.
    It should be 3 x e i's followed by the o.........................just saying  ;)
    I think he was suggesting some of their old hits but I don't imagine 'Sweet Evil Woman' or 'Mr Blue Sky' catching on. 'Turn to Stone' would have quite pertinently described some of our players this season however.
  • Options
    yeah, went a bit John McClane on it 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    If you’ve heard my voice, you’d know I never even started singing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TEL said:

He's here, he's there, he's every F@cking where (insert name) wouldn't apply to anyone last season :)
    Works perfectly if you make it George DobSON instead of the usual pronunciation of DOBson. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    E I e I e I e I o is still my favourite.
    I thought that was how old McDonald spelt “farm”. 
  • Options
    TEL said:

Works perfectly if you make it George DobSON instead of the usual pronunciation of DOBson. 
    Or simply Georgie D
  • Options
    (insert player name here)...He gets the ball, does fuck all... 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    A R T H U R … Arthur Horsfield Superstar 

• Options
    we all agree Charlton Athletic are magic 

• Options
    Can we please stop singing that France '98 chant after we've scored a goal?
  • Options
    we all agree Charlton Athletic are magic 

also remeber other versions along the lines of: 

we all agree Asda is better than Sainsburys

We all agree we're gonna give Millwall a thrashing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its all Ultra shit now, and we have the front to take the piss out of Palace.
    One of big hates in modern football. Sitting near the away fans at The Valley you hear the same songs every week. Just different words.

Always hated the what do you think of Millwall, what you think s*** Millwall song.

We have plenty of more original chants about them. For example turning cold blown lane into a public lavatory. 
    Before the Donny play-off game me, my brother and a mate were on a particularly raucous train from London Bridge to Charlton. Loads of singing, great atmosphere. We started "they're turning cold blow lane..." song and the carriage went silent! No one knew what the fuck we were on about. A lot of the youngsters probably don't even know what/where CBL is! They got into it by the end though, obviously haha!

Goodbye Horse is my personal favourite
  • Options
    Goodbye horse, goodbye horse, saying goodbye to his horse.
    And as he was saying goodbye to his horse, saying goodbye to his horse!
    Never looked at the history from that song.! What made us start chanting that? 
  • Options
    Goodbye horse, goodbye horse, saying goodbye to his horse.
    And as he was saying goodbye to his horse, saying goodbye to his horse!
    Never looked at the history from that song.! What made us start chanting that? 
    Way before my time but i think it was from Brighton away in the 70s
  • Options
    When we were in the Prem, I tried to get everyone in my block singing my version of the Oke Coke which was the El-Khakori .. People laughed at me

You put your left leg in, your left leg out
    You do the El-Khakori and you turn around
    that’s what it’s all about
    Oh - oh the El-Khakori

Etc etc .. It would have been a great song that 🙄
  • Options
    La la la Barry Endean
  • Options
    Maybe it’s because I’m a Londoner that I love London Town 
    I get a funny feeling inside of me...
  • Options
    Show them the way to go home
    They’re tired and they want to go to bed
    Cos they’ve only half a football team
    And the rest are f…ing dead
    I’m taking credit for that. Long midweek train journey back from Oldham or Sheff Utd or something and I’d just watched Jaws the weekend before. Floated it on the train and the rest is history.
  • Options
    Remember going to Roots Hall years back. I think Steve Brown ended up in goal. For some reason someone lobbed a shoe over the fence onto the pitch the crowd burst into a spontaneous verion of "goodbye shoe, goodbye shoe, saying goodbye to his shoe...". I think Chris Whyte was also playing that day, but I might be getting mixed up "he's here, he's there, hes got patchy hair, Chrissy Whyte, Chrissy Whyte".

• Options
    Unless Bruce Willis is an F Block ST holder.
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    Its all Ultra shit now, and we have the front to take the piss out of Palace.
    One of big hates in modern football. Sitting near the away fans at The Valley you hear the same songs every week. Just different words.

Always hated the what do you think of Millwall, what you think s*** Millwall song.

We have plenty of more original chants about them. For example turning cold blown lane into a public lavatory. 
    Before the Donny play-off game me, my brother and a mate were on a particularly raucous train from London Bridge to Charlton. Loads of singing, great atmosphere. We started "they're turning cold blow lane..." song and the carriage went silent! No one knew what the fuck we were on about. A lot of the youngsters probably don't even know what/where CBL is! They got into it by the end though, obviously haha!

Goodbye Horse is my personal favourite
    Cold Blow Lane and The New Den scan exactly the same, so you could update that chant fairly easily if you fancied it.