Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Get a 6p pint tomorrow (Monday 30th) at Greene King Pubs (now says off Greene King IPA only)

Comments

• Options
    Can't wait for Golfie to turn up on this thread and moan that they aren't delivering one direct to his door.
  • Options
    "Nah, nah, it's definitely your round, I got 6 rounds in last Monday at Flaming Grill, remember?  What?  Why?  Look, I don't give a monkeys if it only cost me 24p a round, I've got 6 owing from each of you, OK?

Now, I'll have a pint of the Gran Reserva, please.  And a sambuca."
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Sounds tempting as our local Greene King is less than 5 mins walk away.

Problem is the 6p pint looks like its reserved for bitter.....🤢🤮.

When the start doing Stella or Kroneberg at 6p a pint I might be interested. 
  • Options
    That's because lager wasn't invented until 1973 ;)
  • Options
    I remember a few Wetherspoons doing £1 pints of Greene King IPA about 10 years ago, as the stock was about to go out of date. The trouble that did my gut has out me off the stuff for life
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    I remember a few Wetherspoons doing £1 pints of Greene King IPA about 10 years ago, as the stock was about to go out of date. The trouble that did my gut has out me off the stuff for life
    The Wetherspoons in Camden was doing £1.50 pints of that stuff last summer, didn't get a bad stomach though
  • Options
    Sounds tempting as our local Greene King is less than 5 mins walk away.

Problem is the 6p pint looks like its reserved for bitter.....🤢🤮.

When the start doing Stella or Kroneberg at 6p a pint I might be interested. 
    I'm confident they've changed the offer, it was 6p off a pint, when I posted it originally.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    I had a pint of Greene King IPA some time in my late teens or early 20s, might even have been a can  put me off IPA for 20 years.  Love the stuff now, but have never had another Greene King one.  Won't even for 6p.
  • Options
    Greene King IPA is f***ing awful stuff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    its pretty obvious that no one drinks it thats why ever so often they have to basically give it away in these type of promotions before they have to chuck it down the drain. 

what would be a better idea is to change the recipe and have a beer that people actually like. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Nothing to do with the 20 pints of it you drank though eh? 😜

You miserable lot! I’d be more than happy to have a pint of Greene King IPA for 6p you’d never get an offer like that over here 🙄
  • Options
    seems as if tourists like it though... 
  • Options
    I struggle with Green King IPA. A drink that does absolutely nothing for the taste buds or levels of wonkiness. 
  • Options
    its pretty obvious that no one drinks it thats why ever so often they have to basically give it away in these type of promotions before they have to chuck it down the drain. 

what would be a better idea is to change the recipe and have a beer that people actually like. 
    The worst thing is they make a really nice east coast IPA as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Greene King IPA is filth.
  • Options
    "Now says off Greene King IPA only"? How much do they charge for the Greene King IPA that isn't "off"? 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    "Now says off Greene King IPA only"? How much do they charge for the Greene King IPA that isn't "off"? 
    Off? As in past its bbd?

I used to do their PR for them, recommending selling off IPA for 6p is a dreadful idea. It's gone from nostalgia to nonstarter. 
  • Options
    I wouldn't choose to drink Greene King IPA as it's not very exciting, but it's fine if there's nothing better available.

Now there's a realistic advertising slogan  :)