Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Castore kits thread (24/24\5 3rd kit page 83/84)

Comments

• The issue with the badge is that it's not symmetrical, so will look wrong however positioned. Intuitively you think the tip of the sword should match the centre of the castore and RSK logos, but then it would have additional weight on the right due to the hand and throw off the layout. You'd hope they had experimented with various positions in the design process and this layout looks the least "wrong", but it's an inherent issue with having a non-symmetrical badge forced into what should be a symmetrical layout.

As for the actual kit, I quite like it, but will always prefer a v-neck (or pretty much any shaped/styled neckline) to a round-neck. I'll probably be getting one around Easter lol
  • Boring kit but then again with a yellow away kit it’ll barely be worn 
    Burton, Cambridge, Mansfield ... at least.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Home kit - superb 9/10
    Away kit - nice 7.5/10
    Third kit - fine 6/10
    7, 7 and 5 for me. 
    8, 5, 6.

They got the home shirt right which is what’s most important.
  • 8,8,6 If you can see any form of constellation etc on the grey one, will get an extra half point. I think it will stay at 6.
  • According to the club, the grey shirt 'includes telescopic imagery and galactical visuals inspired by Greenwich's Royal Observatory'. Really?!? Who makes this stuff up?
    Same with the Greenwich skyline nonsense. I think the creative responsible used to write the descriptions for perfumes & aftershaves 
  • For some reason I’ve always liked a yellow away kit, and that is the best yellow colour of them all

8, 9.9 and 5 for me 
  • The third kit appeals. I can drop as much food as I like on it and nobody will notice.
  • According to the club, the grey shirt 'includes telescopic imagery and galactical visuals inspired by Greenwich's Royal Observatory'. Really?!? Who makes this stuff up?
    Surely it can't be grey? 

What about battleship, charcoal, granite, silvered, stone, much more flowery for the Marketing/PR crew.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stewart said:
    For some reason I’ve always liked a yellow away kit, and that is the best yellow colour of them all

8, 9.9 and 5 for me 
    Have you seen the yellow away kit in real life? It’s really not good.
  • What is the fit like for the new home kit? Does it come up small/large/just right?
  • se9addick said:
    Stewart said:
    For some reason I’ve always liked a yellow away kit, and that is the best yellow colour of them all

8, 9.9 and 5 for me 
    I haven’t no, only the images OS. 
    Should I hold off on my 9.9?
  • Stewart said:
    se9addick said:
    Stewart said:

8, 9.9 and 5 for me 
    I think the away looks quite cheap close up. The home is lovely though, really nice red and the collar looks classy.
  • edited August 19
    se9addick said:
    Stewart said:

8, 9.9 and 5 for me 
    Its lovely, pick of the 3 for me, shame we went black trim though and nod fads kit blue. The material is definitely better than last season too.
  • By the way, those moody Charlton woolwich kits people were buying stand out a mile, saw quite a few of them on saturday.
  • shine166 said:
    By the way, those moody Charlton woolwich kits people were buying stand out a mile, saw quite a few of them on saturday.
    and they did look really moody in the flesh
  • Stewart said:
    se9addick said:
    Stewart said:

8, 9.9 and 5 for me 
    I mean, each to their own, and it’s just a football kit so no biggie but I’m not a fan.

But others will (and do!) disagree:

shine166 said:
    se9addick said:
    Stewart said:

8, 9.9 and 5 for me 
    Its lovely, pick of the 3 for me, shame we went black trim though and nod fads kit blue. The material is definitely better than last season too.

• edited August 19
    I like the home kit, love the white collar trim, and feel we should always have a white collar trim. 8 for the home kit 

Can't stand the away kit, horrible shade of yellow, looks really cheap and tacky, like it's been through too many wash cycles, give it maybe a 2 or a 3 

Third kit could have been nice, as I don't mind Grey kits, but too many issues. As someone pointed out, it looks very cluttered all central, the castore doesn't line with the tip of the sword and the RSK is too big and looks too standout (which I do understand is how sponsors are supposed to work), from an aesthetic point of view it's terrible. If the RSK was black, and it was less messy I'd give it maybe a 7 or thereabouts. Right now I'd say it's a 4 or a 5 at best. 

Plenty of bargains to be picked up the end of the season I imagine. The yellow one, they'd struggle to shift me that for free though. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 19

That grey kit is awful
    Having the "design" sploshes just on the front is a cop out
    The whole of the logos might technically be centralised but the point of the sword missing the middle of Castore looks so clumsy
    With the dark sploshes on the shirt, having the shorts the same grey as the background looks daft, they need to be the darker grey/black.
    Looks like something the YTS kid knocked up in 2 minutes on Castore's kit configurator.
    It'll be discounted by half term and £5 per shirt by Christmas or they'll never shift even the first boxful 
    Can't be cheap enough.  0/10 for this one, 3 for the yellow, 6 for the home.

Lots of grumbling about Castore logos etc coming off in the wash - I have a few merch items and none have deteriorated despite regular machine washes.
  • edited August 19
    I have the green training top that I wear to the gym (it was €9.60 on Sports Direct).
    It gets washed once a week. I’ve had it since February.
    Still looks good as new, badges still there.
  • So maybe it's the way people wash them then?
  • My soon to be 18yr old boy messaged me earlier about this. "Best Charlton kit in years...i think it looks cold". I'm assuming that was a hint at a birthday gift haha!
  • Boring kit but then again with a yellow away kit it’ll barely be worn 
    Burton, Cambridge, Mansfield ... at least.
    I was thinking that we'd hardly have to wear this one, but forgot about the contractual obligation to wear the yellow one for UoG. If we have to have UoG on the away, why does the 3rd have RSK plastered on it?
    Is that to encourage us to take telescopes to the match, so we track our set pieces, corners and  shots from distance?
    Is that to encourage us to take telescopes to the match, so we track our set pieces, corners and  shots from distance?
    Or to locate the exact position of Nicky Baileys Swindon penalty ball, as it circles the planet?
  • Brownie12 said:
    Having spilled a tragic amount of sauce down myself on Saturday, I would have been grateful for the cover that this shirt provides.
    the big question is - was it really sauce?
    Clean sheet win in name only.
  • As horrific as this is, have you seen Chelsea’s home shirt!!!!