Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My First Grandchild

2»

Comments

• Options
    Cracking news. Congrats to you and the proud parents. 
  • Options
    Congratulations and good luck to you all!
  • Options
    Grandkids are a gift. Pleased for you.
  • Options
    Congratulations, welcome to the club mate, from a 'still in nappies' (woopsy) recent grandad
  • Options
    Congratulations! And probably at an age where you'd started to believe having grandchildren was going to pass you by.
    Really pleased for you all.

I too became a grandfather for the first time exactly 3 months ago.

For years people used to ask me if I had any grandchildren yet and I always used to tell them: "No of course not, I'm far too young."
    "Oh no, you're not!", was always the instant reply. Friends, eh? :

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Congratulations! And probably at an age where you'd started to believe having grandchildren was going to pass you by.

For years people used to ask me if I had any grandchildren yet and I always used to tell them: "No of course not, I'm far too young."

You are right,this came right out of the blue,we had long given up and where quite shocked when we got the news around Christmas,will enjoy every moment.
  • Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Congrats to you all T&T, grandkids are wonderful and the good news is you can give them back to the parents when you get knackered playing with them. Enjoy!
  • Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Oggy Red said:

Congratulations to you too @OggyRed! I have 3 grandsons now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Congrats Oggy, just seen this so enjoy.
  • Options
    Congratulations 🎊 
  • Options
    Congrats to you all T&T, grandkids are wonderful and the good news is you can give them back to the parents when you get knackered playing with them. Enjoy!
    Christ I will be 80 by the time she is playing age.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Oggy Red said:

Congratulations to you too @OggyRed! I have 3 grandsons now.
    Thank you, Len!

Appreciate that.
    @LenGlover

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Congrats Oggy, just seen this so enjoy.
    Thanks, Mike! 
    @eaststandmike

• Options
    Yub a dub a doo..Great stuff enjoy, have a second on its way in November.