Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dead Wood / Not up to it?

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
Brian Hughes should have been released or Sold in the Summer!

Any other players you think are not capable?

Comments

• Options
    Matt Holland. Has never been anything more than average in his time with us. Nowhere near premiership standard and should have been shipped off to Ipswich in the summer.
  • Options
    Harsh on Hughes he isn't that bad

Lisbie 4 ME Had 2 many chances
  • Options
    But Lisbie was actually very good against Arsenal.
    He as the skill and the work rate, his composure in fronmt of goal has let him down - and with injuries he has had very little opportunity since his moment of fame.
  • Options
    Are you Mad Arfur, Hughes not that bad! He is Dog Shit! He a complete waste of space!Obviously your opinion so that's fine.
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Hughes was poor at Fulham, but he is a skilful player who hasn't always been as bad as some like to make out. But we need to have better for a regular.
  • Options
    El Kak is not consistent enough to be a reliable Premiership performer in my opinion

Holland was a decent player in his first two seasons with us but is now getting on his legs are gone and he has to go - ditto re: Kish though he was never really good enough in the first place

Hughes and Lisbie are givens but I presume I speak for 99% of Charlton fans on those two...
  • Options
    I think its funny when lisble plays peole say " go on lisbie, make a name for yourself" He's our prob our longest serving player!Too late for all that!
  • Options
    Holland was a decent player when he had Parker to cover up the fact that he does feck all but run around waving his arms about!
  • Options
    Maybe we should just live with the fact that we will have a few half decent players and a few crap ones, after all , we are only Charlton. Our expectations are far too high!
  • Options
    the thing with debating about football is the differing opinions, and its best done on these boards because you can get your point accross without interruption.
    with regards to individual players people can argue that 'he should of done this', 'he was out of position for that', 'he doesn't fit the system', 'he's shit' etc. the only things you can measure are minutes, cards, and goals. the fact is that bryan hughes has got the best goals per game ratio of any of our midfielders (1 in just over 5). better than thomas (1 in 11), rommedahl (1 in nearly 8), ambrose (1 in 7), holland (1 in 10), kish, (1in 80). andy reid scored 1 in 27 for spurs and amady faye hasn't scored in english football.
    you can argue about assists but as i said before this is an opinion.
    hughes isn't my ideal choice to play central midfield for us but i have found myself sticking up for him for the unjust abuse he gets from fans around where i sit.
    i honestly don't know where their critisism will stop. some things he gets blamed for are ridiculous, i am waiting for his involvment on the decision to invade iraq, the part he played in north korea nuke testing, global warming, the nhs, immigration, the state of our schools, the prison overcrowding crisis and i'm sure he's a member of al quaeda.

but i know th criticism wont stop.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah but the korean thing was him, I saw him do it! No I agree with you PBS, he obviously plays to the best of his ability and gives 100% everygame but as you know its sometimes not good enough and I realy think he is not up to the job and that is a massive job to do.
  • Options
    I won't give a player stick if he is giving 100% as you can't ask for anymore than that. If he doesn't have the ability then really it should be a question for the manager as to why he is picking him.
  • Options
    The thing is with football these days is unless five are played across the middle or your a big club with 11 start players then there is no room for a creative midfielder. Two grafters are needed and I think thats why Hughes doesnt fit the bill.
    Theres no doubt that Hughes is technically gifted but just isnt the type of central midfielder we need.
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Hughes is undeniably skilful but he wants more time than he usually has and he doesn't get stuck in enough. I tell you what though, if we go down I reckon he will be a star in the Championship!

And I have to agree with ns_eb_rj_s, I saw him do the Korean thing too.